What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to control height with this plant? Advice?

Rtaym22224

Pruning? Scrog? What about bending this one over on its side completely and removing underside bud terminals

Attachments

• 8B608C30-7B38-47F6-8135-E580694F3D04.jpeg
    8B608C30-7B38-47F6-8135-E580694F3D04.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 91
  • 3241DED0-A8F2-4FD5-81E1-58C3265CCECF.jpeg
    3241DED0-A8F2-4FD5-81E1-58C3265CCECF.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 94

blondie

That middle picture looks like a tiny seedling sized container.. you might do well bending these since they are tall and appear lanky to me.

Rtaym22224

They’re getting plenty of light I have a PAR meter. These were lanky from the store.
That plant that was in the seedling container has been in a 1 gal grow bag for a few days. I will bend the tallest lanky one.

Also, just noticed this this morning.
What is this a symptom of? It’s only on one fan leaf so far

Attachments

• E3B7D2DC-B85C-456E-AF7A-D85A55A320BF.jpeg
    E3B7D2DC-B85C-456E-AF7A-D85A55A320BF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Looks like a feeding issue, lack of mg, or maybe mg and other micronutes. Maybe plant is rootbound.. Maybe just needs more food. Ofc the easiest way to fix the strech issues is to tie the plant lower, on a side, or arched down, if its flexible enaugh. But it looks like you might need more light too? or maybe just keeping it too far away? more details on light and nutes?

Rtaym22224

It was badly rootbound with roots going 5” below the seedling pot.

I’m keeping about 900 PAR at canopy

Using fox farm nute package but not adding anything like grow big.. I’m using the other products microbes route trenches stuff like that keeping a pretty low ec

It’s in fresh Fox Farm motion Forest with back one perlite rocks at the bottom of the grow bag
I also mixed an earthworm castings

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Given that you give CO2 and have perfect conditions, I would give a bit more light, and maybe a bit more food. Also check if your nutes have enaugh Mg. Some lines neglect Ca and Mg or put very little of it thinking you gonna use hard water to mix them.

Koondense

Veteran
Why 24h of lights? Your plant are doing too much work and don't get enough nutrient support :)
Do them a favor and change to 18/6, give them plenty of good soil and water, tie them down on a net and scrog the canopy.
Increase the humidity also.

Cheers

Rtaym22224

Try 18 hours light plants will reward u
Doesn’t work well with my current life situation and position. Was doing 18 but switched to 24 last light cycle and will keep it there throughout veg. I think with my co2 on point they can handle and take more light but I may be wrong

I just tore my acl, miniscus, compound fracture in my knee and foot, multiple surgeries in the last few days. I haven’t fully perfected temps and humidity and VPD with my tent fully sealed so 18/6 was a pain in my add and I can’t be getting up to zip and unzip my tent doing the best I can do

And I also am of the belief that 24 hour light cycles are totally fine for a cannabis plant. My electrical bill will be higher

Last edited:

Ca++

I have never had issue with 24h veg.
18h was devised as a money saving exercise
They do like sleep. Tests have shown 20h the sweet spot.
They still sleep every day, just as we do in 24h light countries.

I guess the DLI is more important, and can't be sure the tests took account of this. They probably didn't, when I think about how HIDs are used.

In any case, it's not 24h causing this. I won't use 18h because it's slow. Though I have never matched the DLI.
For the newbs: When I reduced the time by 6 hours, I should of added 6 hours worth of photons to the 18 remaining hours. Shortening my day, without lowering my daily light input. However when 18h was devised, I saw nobody else do this either. It was pretty hard under a 400 or 1000

I must add that a stressed plant will often get better with a lower dli. That could be either turning the light down, or turning it off. Just not off for more than 6 hours. We all like a rest if we are not doing so well.

900 ppfd is a lot for such small plants. Half it. Peoples suggestions of 18/6 have a similar goal. Slow down. They can't cope. They also look stuffed with food. They have stretched and stopped drinking as they should. They just can't keep up with your demands.

Drop to 300ppfd and stop the co2. They should slow enough to survive the excessive feeding. Showing new growth in a day or so.

Mattbho

I get that you are pushing these hard.

I do my veg the exact opposite slow and low.
FOR ME whenever I see those botches its always during the stretch and on a stretchy cultivar . To avoid them I foliar feed cal mag before flip and they don't show up.

That's why I said cal deficiency

Latest posts

Latest posts