What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How To: BHO via Turkey Baster

Sleestak

nice oil Hammerhead. color is also dependent on strain and maturity of the flowers as well. I find the more indica, and the more mature (more amber trichs) the darker the oil. I also prefer the light-gold stuff just cuz it looks so damn cool, but dark oil is def not always bad oil. Seems I'm always finding exceptions to the rule though, as this week I ran some cured skunkhaze and some afghan/heri that was barely dry, and the af/heri oil turned out light gold, instantly rockhard...while the skunkhaze was darker and actually stayed tacky for a bit even after purging. :chin: :confused:

edit...but ya, you're also right that overheating will turn oil darker and sticky.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya I have some dark I posted A pic of it.

This is what I use. work perfect everytime

!BOhBbT!BGk~$(KGrHgoH-CwEjlLluz7qBJvHdLMc8!~~_1.JPG

L

lostinethereal

Nice post oldschoolfarmer, I used to have a large double tube extractor from some website but a friend had it and we no longer speak.. I don't need to do large ass runs like that, only small personal ones and this is absolutely great for that. And I personally love bho, not much of a taste IME (I've used dank to absolutely crap weed and it always tasted like sorta burnt popcorn), but man does it do the job.

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
most of your comments are still just on the rude side bro. Seems like you've woke up on the wrong side of the bed too many times.

Don't try to evaluate emotions on the i-net man, gimme a hug...
Naw seriously, I'll try to be kinder in the way I state my opinions, sorry if I came off like a dick, I just don't like wrong information spread about...

G

guest5703

Hugs all around, lets kick this one out the door. Sorry for my actions as well. Peace brotha!

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
Hugs all around, lets kick this one out the door. Sorry for my actions as well. Peace brotha!
Funny, I was driving to work and was thinking about my BHO and this thread, and I couldn't stop picturing your avatar with the ICMAG logo in oil, cool stuff. Hope you have a great Easter everyone.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to caligreen again.

G

guest5703

Right on Moldy Dreads! Yea that was a friends hash back in the day, pretty good and was fun to play with ;)

Was making some BHO the past two or three days.

First batch I used maybe 8-10 grams of good trim, 1 bottle of Vector, and filled up my baster a total of 2 separate times. Yield was .3 of very nice BHO, that turned pretty hard right away. Barely had to purge since I used so little butane it evaporated very quickly. Placed it on a heat mat for about 30 minutes then scraped, it was sticky as shit and hard to scrape off, but it was cleaner and I got more oil than I usually do with ISO. Also it waaay faster than ISO!

Glass baster-5 bucks!!!!

The next batch I made I used about 14-20 grams of good bud and trim, I used two cans of vector this time and I filled up my baster a total of four times. The yield was 1.1 of golden dankness!!! Although I want to say I think this run could have stayed on the heat mat a little longer, since there were some very tiny bubbles.....Thought it was done enough so I scraped. I did pop all the bubbles I found though, and I was left with tiny tiny bubbles instead of large ones.

picture.php

picture.php

Now look at this image. Can you tell me these are small butane bubbles trapped inside???? I can tell you that this batch weighed more, so is it because of the bubbles???? ALSO this batch pops/crackels more when you lite it than the other batch did, the taste is great, no barbeque flavors, and it gets me stoned for sure. But just look...

picture.php

Anyways I love this shit! So easy to make, was faster than any other method I've tried besides dry sift....Thanks for the help everyone!

Sleestak

looks like there could be some butane clouding that oil up,, but not all tiny bubbles are necessarily tane. that first pic you posted looks very nice, and I like the color on all of em....but ya, looks like the stuff on the blade could still be holding a lil gas. the bubbles in the pan pic are the one you popped, correct? cause there's definitely still good bit o tane hanging around in that pic. here's some good bubble action,, super stinky oil seems to hold on to more bubbles:

edit: sorry for tiny pic, just click. reregistered after the update, and still haven't gotten used to the new system. will figure out posting full size pics.

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
I've found that if you don't mix the bubbles around, it won't get cloudy.I blow on the large bubble really hard and close to pop them. Also, an overnight purge in the glass pyrex on a T5 lamp or low heat source will result in rock candy oil. 1 or 2 hours just isn't the same. If you whisk the oil a bit you get the cloudy effect. I also noticed that the oil changes as it cures over the weeks into a more hashy consistency if it's well purged etc. The first pic looks killer. I know what you mean about the crackling oil, it's not been purged enough, but with time it evapoartes naturally in the cure, set it aside and smoke the other one first. Happy Easter.

G

guest5703

Ya know what I found, I tried to churn the golden mixture ^^ that i posted and now there are no bubbles, and it's now harder instead of more gooey. No crackling either, so I guess by churning it I might have been popping all the last of the tane bubbles and now it's better to smoke. Nice picture sleestak!

I hear you moldy, after a day you can tell the consistency is different for sure. Thanks for the help! PEACE

Sleestak

crackling can also be due to moist oil (not fully dry bud/trim). I find that a couple hours of gentle heat is enough purge for everything cept really big runs, but oil definitely does seem to 'cure' overnight and into the following days.

I haven't found that stirring the tiny bubbles (like I pictured) around will cloudy up the oil at all. just moves em around.

BHO is the shit! i love bubble too...dont get me wrong. Fine well dried 73u bubble is some of the nicest shit in world but theres someting about the lung expansion i get from top notch oil........:2cents:

Smoked some last night made with 8g of bud.....mostly STD x TK and some WW......striaght gold rocks in 2o minutes ready to annihilate:wallbash:

G

guest5703

striaght gold rocks in 2o minutes ready to annihilate
Yea that has to be one of the best things about BHO so easy and quick to make.

heat and whip turns into Budda? I have yet to make some of this.
I haven't really tried to heat up and whip my BHO yet, BUT I have whipped up ISO hash and it formed into budder. After one day of sitting the budder was moldable and you could touch it with your hands and it would not stick to you. It's more of a bubble bag hash consistency.

I'm sure if you heat and whip up BHO a little you'll get budder. Now here's the good thing about budder IMO....When you whip the BHO or ISO, whatever gases are trapped inside bubbles will be released. They get forced out when you whip, it makes sense, sort of just purging it more. I have wondered if it would be degrading the potency by whipping it, but I don't think so since the resin has all been turned into liquid form anyway.

My theory-whipping=purer oil

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tired and could not get it to turn to powder like HashBean shows in his video. Im thinking you have to whip it when it's just made or he is using canna budder to whip I dont know. I whiped for 10 min it did nothing to the BHO it never changed from it's oil form. If someone has made Budder and knows what to start out with would help.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I was just under the impression that plastic was harmful?? If it isn't I woulda been using plastic already...So is it toxic but not enough to care? Thanks
If you don't realize what it does to your body, no you don't care.

If you do realize what it does, you don't ever use plastic for BHO.

Stainless steel, glass or (if you haaaave to) freshly scrubbed copper.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I tired and could not get it to turn to powder like Bubbleman shows in his video. Im thinking you have to whip it when it's just made or he is using canna budder to whip I dont know. I whiped for 10 min it did nothing to the BHO it never changed from it's oil form. If someone has made Budder and knows what to start out with would help.

Just apply heat while you do that. Believe me, it will get krusty like that. Personally I don't like it as it seems to be missing the medicinal content after that. But then, I'm a medical user and a lot of people aren't so that information usually doesn't make the cut.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did apply heat you cant do it any other way as far as I know. All the Buddder I have seen is very dry powder not crusty it just stayed in oil form and I wiped it for 10 min. his handel on utube is hashbean420. I got tired of it so I just poured it all into some of my buds. If you have seen the video that hashbean has on Utube he shows how to do it but I cant get it to look like his. He has a few that show what Budder looks like. As far as plastic s concered If you can show me some facts that the original honey bee is unhealthy to use for BHO I will change it. I have used it many times with no issues.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
As far as plastic s concered If you can show me some facts that the original honey bee is unhealthy to use for BHO I will change it.
If you're going to work with a solvent, work with something inert.

Where are the tests to prove that the plastic is safe? I already know that stainless and glass are safe.
I have used it many times with no issues.
I'm sure you have and so have many other people. So? What does that have to do with the safety of it? I'm not saying that it's the case and it very well may not be but you and thousands that have bought it could be slowly poisoning yourselves and you wouldn't know.

Me? I don't screw with the unknown when my health is at stake. It's also the reason I don't play russian roulette. Until you can prove there isn't anything wrong with it, I'll stick to known, safe procedures that don't involve plastics with my cannabis.

Latest posts

Latest posts