What's new

How To Best Wash Your Hands and/or Body Clean of the Stickyness

jd4083

Veteran
Thought isopropyl was the standard. That's what I've always used with no issues. Hand sanitizer with alcohol in it works well too.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
if you coat your hands with moisturizer or hemp/olive oil before you get started and repeat as needed you will find cleanup is very easy without using any harsh chemicals just my 2 cents

frank. you want me to put slipry stuff on my hands and use sharp implements to trimm the erb!?? lemme see??? slippry? sticky? HAHA! I'm so ripped right now, everything is funny. but I'm typeing well. cant spell worth a damn but my fingers are still going where they uposed ot go.

seeyouaunty

if you coat your hands with moisturizer or hemp/olive oil before you get started and repeat as needed you will find cleanup is very easy without using any harsh chemicals just my 2 cents
How do you avoid getting moisturizer all over your buds? If you're going to put something on your hands i vote for latex gloves. No mess no fuss.

Baddog40

My dog LOVES to lick my fingers and hands after trimming and it works better than anything I've tried. Funny thing is if you put a freshly cut bud in front of his face he can't stand it.

GanjaPharma

up here we use something called joes trimming oil. works 100 times better than olive oil.i cant find it online, i think its made locally. has jojoba and kukui (sp?) and coconut oil. a few drops and you just wipe off with a towel. takes off everything, and keeps the buildup down too. some dont like it cuz i turns your scissorhash into useless goop.
i like it way better than alcohol, that shit leaves me raw after 5 days of trimming.

G

guest 77721

This is a fun little thread.

I use olive oil extracts to make topical oils for arthritis medicine. The first time I cleaned my hands with olive oil after a harvest, it got me pretty buzzed.

Your skin really absorbs oils and solvents easily so be careful using gas, paint thinners and other chemical solvents that aren't intended for cleaning your hands. Think long term brain and liver damage from solvents.

My dad always kept an old bottle of dish soap at the laundry tub where we would wash up after working on a motor. If you rub it on dry before running water, it works as well as any of the automotive hand cleaners like GoJo. I like the orange stuff with the plastic beads in it for heavy grease.

BlueGrassToker

I was reading all the comments on olive oil and decided to look into that a bit. As I explained before I had always used grain alcohol or something like dawn detergent or good hand cleaner, but I decided to try out cheap vegetable oil since it seems folks like olive oil real well. Good olive oil is way too expensive for me to use as a hand wash.
Straight up vegetable cooking oil worked for me as good or better than anything I have used. It takes hot water and a final wash with hand soap, but it cuts it all off first go. No stink and real cheap.
And for the greenies...no VOC's.

SoCoMMJ

pour iso on a paper towel and wipe off the bulk of it.
Do the same on a second paper towel, and here is the trick...
When your hands/arms are still wet from the second alcohol wipe, wash with soap and water.

Cheap ol 90% iso works fine.

SAFETY TIP: DO NOT SMOKE OR GO NEAR AN IGNITION SOURCE AS ALCOHOL IS FLAMMABLE.

I

In~Plain~Site

Can't use gloves, I completely lose my 'touch'

Dermoplast-Antibacterial-Pain-Relieving-Spray.jpg

Had some of this,so I gave it a try...lanolin, aloe...alcohol for sure.Spray a little in a couple applications, wash with soap and done.

Nice sterile smell afterwards

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Can't use gloves, I completely lose my 'touch'

Dermoplast-Antibacterial-Pain-Relieving-Spray.jpg

Had some of this,so I gave it a try...lanolin, aloe...alcohol for sure.Spray a little in a couple applications, wash with soap and done.

Nice sterile smell afterwards

And no pain in your hands from all that trimming! HAHAHA!

Drier sheets, huh? 2 more to chop today, I'll see about that but the mazolla is
sooooooooooooo easy, cheap and oils my trimming devices at the same time.