What's new

How stupid can eBay sellers be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dramamine

Maybe you should do more research before you fire up that light....and before posting more asinine racist comments here, too. You're making a lot of assumptions in general.

chongsbuddy

Veteran
the screw you on the delivery too.i paid 200 bucks for a 1000 watt hps and another 125 dollars for shipping,there goes my great deal!

G

greenmatter

Wow, I really am taking a lot of flak for the dumb-ass Chinese comment. If I had said something about stupid fucking giraffes would you all automatically assume that I hate every giraffe or that I think all giraffes are stupid? I think some of you guys are being overly sensitive.

maybe ...... but it is what it is. FWIW those kind of "dumb ass" comments will get you flamed and or banned.

Mukind

If you ask for "discreet shipping" they will oblige you. No one has ever even tried to charge me for it either. I have no idea about other sites, but anyone selling hydro equipment on Ebay gets those requests all the time.

Why would they look after you? your a big boy. Don't send lights to your grow spot from a vendor you've never used and know nothing about.

F

Fastcast

PS for the OP small shards of glass inside MH lamps is a common thing from manufacturing and in most cases a non issue[/quote]

That's what I was going to say.

IME, amazon is a bit more discreet with stuff, I'm not sure if they have lights but I know I've ordered things that are in sort of a gray area from them yet no issues whatsoever. Not sure if that helps but its just what I've experienced.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Wow, I really am taking a lot of flak for the dumb-ass Chinese comment. If I had said something about stupid fucking giraffes would you all automatically assume that I hate every giraffe or that I think all giraffes are stupid? I think some of you guys are being overly sensitive.

Bullshit--
It was brought to your attention, and an Admin even edited your post, with a warning...then you PURPOSELY used the same exact phrase a couple more times--
Don't stir shit, you won't get shit--:tiphat:

EDIT: Just trying to give you a heads up...that sort of thing can get you banned quickly-- This is a cool site...just chill from those kind of comments--

Last edited:

audioaddict

I dunno how bad the cops are in the states, but no-one seems have mentioned that lots of other walks of life use HPS grow systems aswell.
I am also a chilli grower and a member of a chilli growing forum similar to this site, the amount of peeps on there who have HPS, Metal Halide, T5's etc etc on the go is amazing.
I'm sure none of those guys had any paranoia about their order, and loads are located in the states aswell.

I wouldn't worry too much, worry just enough so as you don't fuck up and you should be good!

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I don't think you're a whole lot smarter than the ones that packaged your box.

I edited the garbage from your first post so you go and keep writing it a few more times. Now get the posts edited or if I edit them I'll edit you along with it......

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
But when the UPS guy comes in and asks 'what you gonna light with a 600 watt light?' I just about shit...

Ever read Charge of the Light Brigade?

Ours is not to reason why
Ours is but to do and die
Into the Valley of Death rode the 600

You're the 600. The proper response is, "I have no idea. Baby says buy it, I buy it, I don't ask questions. Otherwise I sleep on the couch and eat at MacDonald's."

redbear

I am sure that the dumb-ass Chinese immigrants that sell little girls panties on the internet do not list their products on their shipping boxes.

You're certain? Maybe the DEA isn't the only government agency you should be worrying about... But seriously, it's hard to disagree with him. I mean, if I wrote "Fuck those jigaboo ni****s rapin' all our women." You'd all understand that I was not in fact slandering a group of people based on heritage. You'd know I was actually referring to an imaginary subset of all African-Americans. Those who are different from my ideal minority fantasy. You would, wouldn't you?? I mean, you wouldn't actually suspect that I was just externalizing anger better placed upon my own failings, would you? That I was projecting my problems onto people about whom I know nothing (in this ebay case, not even the degree of their tan)?? Because that would clearly be prejudice. And prejudice based on my use of language is wrong. Wait, does that contradict what I've already said?? Nah, according to Bumbaclott, since I'm not Chinese I'm statistically less likely to be a dumb-ass.

Bumbaclott, you'll probably misread that, and think I'm agreeing with you. Try to re-read it with a Webster's open to "sarcasm." Maybe in a few tries you'll get it right.

As for the lights, use them to grow tomatoes. Or better yet, sell them. I'd hate to advocate tomato torture to someone so uninformed/lazy/naive that they think everyone on the planet already knows their plans and wants to work towards their security. If you do grow, you'll probably get ripped. Nobody is going to help you for free in this. (Although frankly, in this case they might have, had you asked.) Security is your job.

To sum: The seller doesn't know what you're growing. You should have planned and investigated. Instead, you assumed and then justified your error with racism. Take care of security or someone will take care of you come harvest.

Last edited:

audioaddict

Now get the posts edited or if I edit them I'll edit you along with it......

wow, I can understand your point JJScorpio, but you could possibly be a little more diplomatic in the way you speak to people.

Maybe PM the guy instead of issuing orders and threats on a public forum..?

WelderDan

Veteran
Uh, just pointing out that lots of folks buy grow lights and other supplies to grow legit stuff like lettuce, peppers, basil, etc. Every time I go to the hydro shop, the owner gives me copies of Maximum Yield, various seed catalogs and manufacturers literature on the latest products. I smile, say "thank you" and walk out with a handful of non cannabis related info.

Most sellers have no idea what you plan doing with their products, and as far as they are concerned are selling legit equipment for legit reasons. They are legit and have no reason to act otherwise. Safety is your responsibility.

purple_man

Veteran
whaz up yummybud?
is natasha now down with ups? and tryin to punq you like that?

all jokes aside... as a grown up, you have to take care of your shit... i mean, the companies shipping to you, they don't care about your i-legal doings... they sell their gear legaly... so whos the dumbo?

you blame the company for YOUR assumptation... -> no good...
just swollow it, and learn a lesson :)

blessss
ps.: no diss intended...
pss.: check your self before you wreck yourself or suh...

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
wow, I can understand your point JJScorpio, but you could possibly be a little more diplomatic in the way you speak to people.

Maybe PM the guy instead of issuing orders and threats on a public forum..?

FYI, the guy is too new, he can't get PM's yet, not enough posts--:tiphat:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have purchased a few things on ebay. I have never had a package that was labeled like yours. I had a few cooltubes, Bulbs, all kinds of Nutrients. Nothing was on the package that described what was in it.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Don't worry about it, Lots of folks buy grow equipment for legit reasons. It's actually FAR more common for indoor gardeners to be doing flowers and vegies than it is that they are growing weed.

If your not legit, security is YOUR problem and nobody else's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts