What's new

How old were you when you took your first hit of MJ?

Wow!

Glad to see everyones responses. It looks like the average age for first-time smokers in the room (I've read every persons message)was from about the age of 12-14.

I've also seen alot of people just like me who smoked for the first time, or the first FEW times and did not get high. But it takes me back everytime I read someones post, that's for sure!

V

vonforne

12 it was before school and I was floored. 1975. After that me and some friends split a sandwich bag that cost 15.00. 34 years ago August.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn i didnt start as young as 12, when i was 12 i was sober as fuck playing basketball and generally staying out of crime.

i didnt get introduced to buds untill freshman year of high school but within the first few weeks i was smoking alot. smoked every day after school for pretty much every year of high school and into colllege and beyond...in the last 10 years i have taken maybe 5 or 6 1 month breaks but aside from that ive been smoking daily for yeeeaars..

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got busted with my first grow cab around 13-14 lol, blacklight in a speaker box sprouting seeds in cotton balls inside dixie cups.....I was the king of stretching bagseeds to death! My mom was not pleased. Later around 15-16 she caught me with about 80 bagseed plants about 10" in my walk in closet, had it all tin foiled, a humidifier (no idea why lol) my dads missing garage flouro light lol, it went right above his work bench but i would "borrow" it anyways. She was like get that shit out of my house, I was like, "but mom, it still might frost outside"! I talked her into letting me keep them for a couple more weeks until the risk of frost had gone away.

T

THC_Decapitator

The first time I was in 13 years old . I took only one hit and was so fucked up !~:xmasnut:

ever since that day I loved it so much .

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i remember one of the first times i smoked i felt like i had a little laughing alien in my head who was talking to me..

I remember it like it was yesterday... Me and my two other buddies in the back of one of their sisters car stuffed in the back seat. His older sister and her friend Marley packed up a small bowl and passed it around. WE were only little 8th graders no older then 15.

LOL that's pretty much my story too! My friend's older sister packed one of those crappy little 3" wooden pipes, the kind where you burn the tip of your nose trying to light it. LOL

Like others have mentioned, I did not get high in the least. Tried again a few days later and I swear it was the closest to taking acid I've ever experienced without actually taking acid. Never experienced anything like it ever again. It was awesome!

I assume it was mexi-brick because I doubt there was anything else going around at that time and everyone I knew was too cheap to buy anything but the lowest grade seed-laden schwag...

Ah, the 70's...

I also want to point out that I was totally primed for experimenting with drugs in the 6th grade by all the anti-drug propaganda films they showed us.

First, seeing Sonny Bono telling US not to do drugs made us all laugh out loud. But then all those images of Heironymus Bosch paintings and stuff had me totally wanting to see what that was like! Hallucinations sounded like the coolest thing ever! LOL

I am glad that I didn't actually get to try anything for several more years though. 6th grade is way too young.

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
I also want to point out that I was totally primed for experimenting with drugs in the 6th grade by all the anti-drug propaganda films they showed us.

First, seeing Sonny Bono telling US not to do drugs made us all laugh out loud. But then all those images of Heironymus Bosch paintings and stuff had me totally wanting to see what that was like! Hallucinations sounded like the coolest thing ever! LOL

I am glad that I didn't actually get to try anything for several more years though. 6th grade is way too young.

:yeahthats

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
I first tried it when I was 19 but didn't get high because I didn't know how to inhale. Then I stole a pack of cigarettes to practice smoking, got great at it and tried pot again. BLOWN away. I had what we called "56k vision" (slow mo).

Funny story. In 6th grade I had a DARE course and they told us about LSD. I was AMAZED and it was right then and there that I swore I'll try it. I later got the internet and began doing more research on drugs, especially 'angel dust' and acid, but when searching for it I was only able to find weed, and that ended up being what I tried first.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
even though it took me till 14 to smoke weed i was eating shrooms and smoking salvia by 16. shit i had 4 rubbermaids full of home grown cubensis running at my friends house when i was 16...we told his old ass asian parents it was a "science experiment" haha. she was like "can i use them for my soup" hahaha we told her naw these are poisoness! weed for me was definately a gateway drug, but luckily i got psycadelics out of my system and only eat mushies sparingly every 2 or 3 years or so.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was 11 in 1967 when I first sampled my own homegrown. My grandmother helped me bring in that first crop of 3 Columbian plants and showed me how to pollinate and save seeds. I haven't looked back!

I was 11 in 1967 when I first sampled my own homegrown. My grandmother helped me bring in that first crop of 3 Columbian plants and showed me how to pollinate and save seeds. I haven't looked back!

Your grandmother was a good woman!! God bless her soul!

I wish my family would have taught me the goods' when I was young. Would have saved me alot of time and money.

zingablack

livin my way the high way
Veteran
16 i tried a joint for the first time by myself in the woods. got really paranoid and just went home. later that night i smoked the second one id bought plus the roach.. holy shit i was flyin. really enjoyed the effects. stay smokin no lookin back.

and... i reallly like that i tried it on my own volition. no pressure. i could tell if i actually really liked it. well i loved it.

Frozenguy

Veteran
The first time I toked was 20 years old.

Then at 21/22 I started smoking with my two best friends in one of their girlfriends backyard. Been smoking everyday since and I'm 25 now.

In fact, a year after I started smoking is when I made my decision to go to school and get a degree.