What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How often do you change your bong water?

How often do you change your bong water?

• once a day

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • once a week

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • once a month

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • never

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I vape

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • who are you, the DEA?

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters

Bobby Boucher

I had somebody ask for the reclaim from my dab rig. I said thats trash. He said he dries it out and smokes it. I told him I tried that once. Its trash.

?!

It's just partially decarbed dab, braj.

I throw all my sticky garbage in a closed column, re-dissolve it all with 'tane and send it through a coffee filter for my medibles or topicals.

I throw all sorts of shit in there.. finger hash, scissor hash, table scrapings, tray scrapings, cotton swabs and q-tips used to clean off any dab from my ptfe sheets or silocone/glass dab containers, ol' sticky pieces of parchment.

The resulting dab is actually pretty stable. I don't actually vape it, but only because I don't have to.

I don't like putting that shit in my trash can anyways, and I eat like.. a half gram of bho every day, soo..

I ain't throwing none of that shit out, personally.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
never!

I built this bong in Jamaica in 1972 and I've never changed the water in it yet...

You gotta hit this bong pretty hard 'cause it's like sucking smoke through a quart of bubbling tar...:biggrin:

Attachments

• bong.jpg
    bong.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 49

Mr. J

Not often enough. When the water goes from a translucent green to an opaque brown color I know it's time for a change.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Have vaped for years, but with bong once a day.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
When I used to do the bong thing it was new water after every use when just me. Also, always took care not to suck the ash through and make it even dirtier. When you're ripping down with some buddies that water can get pretty rank. Man you spill that shit and it will reek to high hell. Not a fan of the bong funk worked deep down into the carpet.

M

MrGanjaMan

I refresh the water after each use. So could be several times a day. It's zero effort.
I smoke it and I dump out the water and ash.
And I clean/scrub it with hot water and soap (and some rubbing alcohol) after 1-2 days of use.

Bobby Boucher

I would personally recommend against trying to clean the resin out of your weed pipes or bongs out with hot water. It's just messy and stinky and wasteful of fresh drinking water. I would think soap seems a little iffy too, unless theres no resin left to hold onto any soap residues.

Shaking a wet bong around with wet hands in a wet bathroom over a ceramic tub or sink is a recipe for a broken bong also, as I'm sure many of us can attest to.

420 cleaner is just isopropyl and salt and it works like a charm. I would just make my own out of iso and use whatever scraping agent I had on hand. Salt, gravel, or sand all work great.

Soak overnight in alcohol to minimize the amount of shaking around you have to do and then swirl the broken up gunk out with an alcohol/sand sludge.

Keep your hands dry, or be prepared for your bong to fly out of them.

Last edited:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
never!

I built this bong in Jamaica in 1972 and I've never changed the water in it yet...

You gotta hit this bong pretty hard 'cause it's like sucking smoke through a quart of bubbling tar...:biggrin:

How do the hits taste through that beast?!

BullDogDad

re

re

Makes a large difference with the flavor.
Tradition I have never regretted.

Yep, I change daily. I also enjoy adding ice and a drop of essential oil into the water that complements the strains. Menthol goes great with piney earthy strains or lemon, orange or grapefruit with citrusy strains.

BullDogDad

Everclear works great for cleaning and it’s edible as well. That’s usually what I use. I keep it around for making Phoenix Tears.

shithawk420

Veteran
I remember some guy,I actually think it was here or OG,who claimed to be chemist.he did all these crazy mathematical formulas and said you get more thc or thc doesn't get absorbed as much in dirty old bong water.i don't care if that's true or not.im not smoking out of nasty old bong water.that smell never comes out

St. Phatty

Could always fill a balloon with bong water and launch it at Police HQ.

Cops don't like smelling like bong water.

Latest posts

Latest posts