What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How often do you change your bong water?

How often do you change your bong water?

• once a day

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • once a week

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • once a month

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • never

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I vape

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • who are you, the DEA?

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Depends on how dirty the cannabis happens to be. ;) Clean cannabis, about once a week maybe? Most outdoor it's a daily task, all dispensary seems to be daily (hourly?).

Bobby Boucher

Gross. Too early to even think about bong water.

After every bowl pack or that nasty smell will never go away after a spill. After doing bongs pretty exclusively for a decade, the smell really started to overwhelm me and I put all the bongs in storage.

Clean weed or not dude, bong water is rank. I would drink month old dab rig water before I took a whiff out of a day old bong.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I prefer cleaning, esp. if trying a new strain, and cleaning weekly, if not more often. Just a change of water presents a smoother smoke. And using 'tea hot water', not boiling (better than cold water) for inhale. But to each their own.

YukonKronic

Depends if I’m just smashing down a hit on the way to do something or sitting down to enjoy something special.
Most times lately I only get one out for special experiences like some nice hash or a realllly primo flower I’ve been excited to smoke the whole time it grew... it’s gotta be good enough to taste amazing AND crush my brain if I put it in a bong.
I usually only use clean bong water and a little snow or ice on those occasions.

Anybody ever try freezing the bong before use to help keep smoke cool? Only works for a couple hits but hey if you need more why is it in yer bong anyway right?

Snowball stuck halfway up the bong stem is good too... filters a lot of tar... lol probably thc too but again.. if it’s in a bong it ought to have power to spare in my opinion.

burmese

i have experience that if you smoke through bong daily then water never stinks, but must supplement evaporated water 1cm for around every 3 days.
Whens bong around month old i destroy it, collect ,,gipsy hash,,//lower cured= more hash//
and time for new ,,bong,, again

YukonKronic

Hey Arid I also have used warm water on dryer smoking weeds when I bonged more often.... I actually found a single drop of water in the bowl would incorporate enough steam to help many times... that with a pre chilled glass bong will get you a cool smooth hit that’s not so dry it makes you feel like coughing a lung up...
Lol anybody ever hear if those fools trying to smoke through liquor and drink the liquor after?
Eeewwwwww. I only ever heard of a few people trying it and the only ones who thought it was “cool” were so out of touch with reality that the bottle ran their life and wouldn’t allow any dislike of any alcohol.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I try to do every day or every other day, mostly about making the water colder than cleaner. But one time I remember back in like 2002 or so, I went to my weed dealers house and after he sold me a bag I offered to smoke him up, as one does, and I grabbed his bong and I swear to fuck the water was inky black. I said hey I'll refresh this for ya and he was like no don't bother, and I was just like no, really, it's no bother. Went into the bathroom and poured it into the toilet and I swear to fuck the water went from clear see through to so inky black I couldn't see the bottom of the toilet. I have never seen marijuana do that to water, so I almost think they were smoking crack or something.

Bobby Boucher

i have experience that if you smoke through bong daily then water never stinks
Whenever it grows visual mold. If you cant see mold we're good to go

8pPf3xI.gif

bibi40

Really don' t like bong ,
don' t touch that for 20 years at least ,
and don' t want to .

For a better taste i think each time is the best ,
but after the first you can be a little lazy :laughing:

:tiphat:

burmese

i must admit that here where i am is classic bong a 1,5L plastic bottle in 2l plastic bottle+ 2l water ,,,so when you smoke you always self-sterilize it with heat //where you touch the mouth// because this bong construction dont allow you to smoke without sterilizing bong.

Although my words mean nothing,I think that i mislead you little and later realize that american bongs are mostly water pipes.

Brother Nature

Lol anybody ever hear if those fools trying to smoke through liquor and drink the liquor after?

Hear stories from many, but couldn't imagine doing it myself and have never seen it. I did once try sparkling water in the bong, it was awful, I do not recommend it.

I try to clean mine once every week, but I also use an ash catcher so my main water doesn't generally get that bad. I clean the ash catcher every couple days or it gets too clogged and gross.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I had somebody ask for the reclaim from my dab rig. I said thats trash. He said he dries it out and smokes it. I told him I tried that once. Its trash.

burmese

100% i know that 0,1g //one puff//weed smoked thrugh 2liter water is undrinkable
and lower mass of water then more worse
//you know when you are out of civilization or very stoned and need to drink because mouth dryness//