What's new

How often do u take a break from smoking.. for tolerance purposes?

Puffaluffagus

Veteran
I find that the first smoke of the day sets your tolerance for the rest of the day.
Example, if you take two bong hits in the morning, you will need at least two or more for every other time you smoke again that day to get a decent high.

When I'm trying to scale back, I make sure to start small each day, like one bong hit.
In a couple days, one bong hit per time becomes enough as your tolerance adjusts.
Also, keeping smoking sessions at least two hours apart helps.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I have been smoking since 1969

I have been smoking since 1969

I have never taken a tolerance break, And I am rarely out of weed. :woohoo:

Clive

I hate smoking everyday now it losses its magic after a while try to keep it as a weekend thing. Moderation is best it gets you shit faced.

mwz

Veteran
I break often, but not for tolerance, just because I get bored of being baked all the time. Eventually I go back to smoking though, cos at the same time I love being baked! :D

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It's gotta happen sooner or later... I think.

It's been so long I'm starting to wonder though.

Where did I put my hash?

THC123

Veteran
after 4 weeks i get real high but if I quit 7-8 weeks it is just like the first time and it also takes like 2-3 weeks to build up tolerance again.

I have been without thc in my system for a month now

shabad

I stop every night for at least 6 hours

I stop every night for at least 6 hours

~Warm joyful wishes~

I used to do a cleanse every fall and spring. I would do a juice fast and stop smoking for about 6 weeks. In the fall I would do a mono diet of mung beans and rice recipe. The 1st 2 days of enjoying our herb was very awesome, after that pretty much back to same tolerances.

The last 15 years I've been growing for several patients here in Oregon. Doing a perpetual grow with ebbn flow system. Has kept me in perpetual stash! Mostly consume hash these days and some wax, this has cut my consumption way down!

Sat Nam
(truth is the Name)

LubdaNugs

Veteran
I'll take breaks if I have a job that requires clean urine, those jobs are few and far between. On a side note I am taking a break from beer. My liver needs a rest.

TOM BOMBADIL

resisting the temptation of something the body greatly enjoys builds strength against all the other influences in life good and bad. That's why fasting is so good for the soul.

Last edited:

STRAINZ

Try switching up the strains you smoke, the form in which you smoke or eat it, &/or the delivery systems you use (i.e. bong vs vape vs joint...etc)

gang-of-trees

Think I've had 2 days off since 96 and all depends on what your smoking.
Alternate your strains and you will notice a diffrence.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Never.

Tolerance build up is a myth, been smoking every day for 7 years straight and still get nicely high off of a half a joint every time, and I smoke at least 2-3 joints a day.

2 or 3 a day lol...now that is my breakfast joints lol
Oh how I wish this were true atleast for me but I am chronic and have been at this for many years and you definately build up a tolerance . I can smoke what is supposed to be the best and I could smoke that all day.Oh how I long for the dayz that a few tokes would get me high enough.. I would say both the smoke has gotten weaker and my tolerance has gotten higher DAMN!! headband 707:biggrin:

BTW stopping is okay but it doesn't last your right back at it within no time at all.. I have had friends that quit and in no time at all they talk like assholes saying things like cannabis is BAD etc. lol

SmilingAssassin

I've been smoking one strain for about a year. I smoke all day, errry day.

Still get blasted :dance013:

Maybe some better nugs in your bag would help?

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I've been smoking one strain for about a year. I smoke all day, errry day.

Still get blasted :dance013:

Maybe some better nugs in your bag would help?

Yeah BC's Trainwreck does that for me I love that shit but it seems to have lost somthing now when I run into it.It's still great just not as great as it was imvho headband 707:)

BudToaster

Veteran
I find that the first smoke of the day sets your tolerance for the rest of the day.
Example, if you take two bong hits in the morning, you will need at least two or more for every other time you smoke again that day to get a decent high.

When I'm trying to scale back, I make sure to start small each day, like one bong hit.
In a couple days, one bong hit per time becomes enough as your tolerance adjusts.
Also, keeping smoking sessions at least two hours apart helps.

i find this is true for me, too ... but always using a vaporizer, no smoking for the last 12 years.

G

GreenPlant

Only when I've got none ..
Not happy when I haven't got any

Feel much is being wasted tho when ya smoke it as much as I do
Use to be a time when (being a regular smoker) smoking cigarettes after felt like ya smoking a spliff still ..
Think Tolerance sure is there in the passing yrs + getting older alters ya taste etc a bit
Always best when it's new again!

OrganicBuds

Veteran
I haven't smoked much herb in the last two years, mostly oil. If you are taking nail rips and don't get high you have issues. I am a big dude, and have smoked cannabis most days in the last 15 years, and I still get ripped every time I hit the nail.

Drift13

I stop smoking twice a year for 6 to 8 weeks. But it has nothing to do with tolerance and everything to do with keeping the VA outa my sh*t.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts