What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How much would you pay for this light?

Dion

Is 280w wired in series? If so, that is a lot of power.

I am building a 11 strip bridgelux strip (560) on aluminium flashing frame with a 240 - 1050 meanwell (in series). Running at 1650 is pretty hot. RIU thermal thread has temp reading. Looks cool what you built.

Thanks mate

No they are run in 4 paralel with 2 in series on each

The XLG drivers have a lot of secret watts U can unlock with the right set up

Yeah I saw that thermal thread unfortunately no-one there seemed to mention the exponential nature of thermal issues

He tested them in a room that was 19c lol
(I'm saying the data is a bit off but still gives a general idea)

I've done my own thermal tests and power tests and drop and snap and bend and all kinds of stuff with these and other manufacturers strips

They can't really be heatsinked they are plastic not aluminium strips so the heat mostly comes off the front

FYI the EB strip data sheet says not to run more than 60v(3 in series )

Actually it's the soldeless connectors that arnt rated to handle it

Having said that I ran 16 in series through the connectors for a whole round and had no dramas.

so when the neigh sayers chime in, U tell em to fuck right off

Best of luck on Ur build

Pm me if U need any help

Both lights are on eBay now if U would rather save Ur time

Legalcdn

Good luck with lights. Your designs are unique. It seems you have a creative side.. if you could design like lego it might give you a niche market.. ceiling fan shapes, when i seen your last design, i thought x winger fighter from star wars. Look up aqua terra on RUI for a canadian distributor in the vancouver area. West coast loves weed.

Cheers mate.

negative37dBA

Veteran
That is pretty nice. 1 issue I see is the boards not spread out for even light distribution. You have them concentrated at the sides. I feel like this is creating some low light spots. Any reason you concentrated on putting the light to the sides?? Also, plastic boards.....what kind of life are they gonna have running hot with no sinking??
I just built a 665 watt, PLC, LED 8 bar light. Even spacing of the individual bars gives a very uniform distribution over the canopy and helps remove heat. Of course they are metal so I have used sinks on each pair.
Nice work and kudos for putting yourself out there and giving it a go.
Peace, negative.

Dion

Good luck with lights. Your designs are unique. It seems you have a creative side.. if you could design like lego it might give you a niche market.. ceiling fan shapes, when i seen your last design, i thought x winger fighter from star wars. Look up aqua terra on RUI for a canadian distributor in the vancouver area. West coast loves weed.

Cheers mate.

Funny U say that

I have a connector frame system so U can actually click as many of my lights together into a massive canopy

Plus individual bars in red ect that U culd add as needed

The lack of spread is only minor

The 165w is 125*600mm

So in a 2*2 reflective tent

Almost meaningless unless U wanna hang the light super close

Fixer

wonderful question

i have calculated measurements bassed off data sheet and electrical and thermal testing i did

i want to buy a par meter and get the data but im not too sure i shluld even bother investing any more into this before i start selling maybe rent one

i can tell you it is slightly more efficient than your HLG quantum board though for sure

Perhaps you could send a copy to MIGRO. He's on Youtube. He sells, tests and compares LED lights and will give a competitor props if their light out perform his.

Dion

Perhaps you could send a copy to MIGRO. He's on Youtube. He sells, tests and compares LED lights and will give a competitor props if their light out perform his.

Mmm
I had a lot of respect for that guy til I saw his love stream review of his lights

Lost all credibility in that vid and sad really

Selling these lights isn't turning a profit so I'm moving to phase 2

Custom order supplement strips

Gonna get into the reflow game

Wild Seed

Interested. What name are these currently sold under?
Available to Europe with std. UK adapter?

How about Bright Fire? No similar light name on Google..
Or Dions Diodes :p

Dion

Interested in supplement strips for my 3500k cobs. Was thinking of uv+660nm(1:25).

Cheers

Sure thing mate, still figuring out the best approach for UV but at the minute I'm see cheap far red/deep red strips as well as some interesting blurple spectrums and of course royal blue

Will be interactive click action on the website and U make ur own strip choosing ur electrical (voltage and current set up) and spectrum U want and checkout

I'll ship it within 3 days

The UV that we need (310nm about) is spendy and not very efficient and requires heatsinks and shits all over my plans

So I'm probably going to do UV on its own board super low wattage

Do U have a recommendation for a UV diode?

Tnx

Dion

Interested. What name are these currently sold under?
Available to Europe with std. UK adapter?

How about Bright Fire? No similar light name on Google..
Or Dions Diodes :p

Currently sold under Canna Coast LED

Yes available worldwide

Standard adaptor U Mean like a plug?
Sure

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Both the squares and the straight lights are a poor design. We really need a slight bowtie design. With both existing designs, you get a peak in the middle dropping off to the ends/edges. By having more LEDs on the outer edge of the square or the straight versions being slightly more packed at the ends, you'd create a much more evenly lit garden.

Dion

Both the squares and the straight lights are a poor design. We really need a slight bowtie design. With both existing designs, you get a peak in the middle dropping off to the ends/edges. By having more LEDs on the outer edge of the square or the straight versions being slightly more packed at the ends, you'd create a much more evenly lit garden.

picture.php

picture.php

?

I suppose u mean like two right triangles facing each other?

That's fun:headbange

Please see response below

Dion

That is pretty nice. 1 issue I see is the boards not spread out for even light distribution. You have them concentrated at the sides. I feel like this is creating some low light spots. Any reason you concentrated on putting the light to the sides?? Also, plastic boards.....what kind of life are they gonna have running hot with no sinking??
I just built a 665 watt, PLC, LED 8 bar light. Even spacing of the individual bars gives a very uniform distribution over the canopy and helps remove heat. Of course they are metal so I have used sinks on each pair.
Nice work and kudos for putting yourself out there and giving it a go.
Peace, negative.

Sorry didn't see this earlier

The strips I call plastic are actually a fibreglass resin type thing most manufacturers are using them in strips that require no heatsinking as it's cheaper and lighter and there is no need for aluminium, of course aluminium is lovely

If U do a par test or lux test in a tent with lights evenly distributed there is a hotspot in the middle

So the X model actually gets uniform coverage in a 3*3 (almost) and that is why

It is designed to be used in conjunction with 40w of supplemental strips to bring the total watts to 320

The supplemental strips would be 280mm long and would use 2 on each side creating this triangle effect

Cheers

Horselover Fat

Veteran

You could also drive the center diodes a bit softer. I thought about doing that, but then decided that more is better :D