What's new

How much should I harvest?

Just a quick question.

I was wondering, how much yield should I be getting?

I'm running a 1000 watts hps in a 4x4 feet closet. The strain is bazooka

I know there are alot of other factors to consider, like stain, the grow room, growing style and more. But just a rough idea.

vangaurd

A decent grower should be able to pull down at least .40 to .50 gpw. which will give you 400-500 grams. Now if you monitor your grow enviornment and learn your plants you could easily double that. Key things for the environment is air flow, temp, nutes, and water ph. :) good luck!

Tyga

Veteran
Dry... If you post a pic we could try to give you a better ESTIMATE... but it won't be 100% on point by any chance

vangaurd

TK, if you are only getting 250g off a 1K light something is off. Give a little more detail about your setup and here are some questions that will help.

What is your grow room height?
what is your grow medium?
What reflective material are you using?
What nutes are you using?
What is the size of your intake and exhaust?
How far is the light from the canopy of the plants?
What is the lights on temp?
What is the lights off temp?

with pictures and answers to those question you could EASILY triple what you are getting now..

TK, if you are only getting 250g off a 1K light something is off. Give a little more detail about your setup and here are some questions that will help.

What is your grow room height?
what is your grow medium?
What reflective material are you using?
What nutes are you using?
What is the size of your intake and exhaust?
How far is the light from the canopy of the plants?
What is the lights on temp?
What is the lights off temp?

with pictures and answers to those question you could EASILY triple what you are getting now..

The height is 8-9 feet with open ceilings
Growing in promix bx
Reflective material is black n White plastic ONLY on 3 walls the other side is open
nuts are A+B formula
The distance of the light is when I feel hi heat on my hand(around 18-20 inches)
Temp with light on hangs around 82 deg
Never check with lights off.
Didn't get a chance to take pictures yet, and at this time the lights are off. I will try to do that tomorrow.:tiphat:

I have thrips in both rooms. I'm controlling them pretty well with neem oil.

I'm going to the states tomorrow to get some captain jack deadbug, since it's band here.

Hope I won't have problems at the border with it.

El Toker

A couple of thoughts -

With 16 square feet that's 62.5 Watts per square foot. There's a figure that I've seen quoted on a number of forums and in a couple of books of 50 watts per square foot as the optimum amount of light with rapidly diminishing returns beyond that. If that's true then effectively you've reduced your available light to 800 W by not having a big enough grow area for the light. That gives you a maximum yield of 800g even if you do hit 1g per W.

You really need to track your temperatures right through the day as well as your humidity. A maximum-minimum hygrometer only costs a few pounds and is an essential diagnostic tool. Remember that temp and humidity are usually very different between lights on and lights out.

Smoking Gun

Ok not really sure what you mean by open ceiling. But if you don't have a top on that space you may have serious light leak issues. Also I would assume you are seriously lacking micro-nutrients like Sulfur, Manganese, Molybdenum, and others, not to mention Calcium and Magnesium. While A and B part solutions often claim to be complete formulations, they are often missing proper amounts of micro-nutrients for fast growing plants such as cannabis. I would look into adding some supplements to your regimen to fill in the micro-nutrient deficiencies. Also you may want to consider adding some amendments to your Pro-Mix too, like bat guano or alfalfa meal. Also it is a good idea to invest in a product Like Great White or GH Subculture B and M. While Pro-Mix does have michorrizae in it adding more will never hurt. Regular applications will help keep the populations of micro beasties at a maximum. Also try and get your day time temperatures below 80. 82 is not too bad, but it would be optimal if you could get the temps below 80 with lights on and only allow it to drop 5 - 10 degrees when the lights are off.

Smoking Gun

I have thrips in both rooms. I'm controlling them pretty well with neem oil.

I'm going to the states tomorrow to get some captain jack deadbug, since it's band here.

Hope I won't have problems at the border with it.

Sticky traps also will help with the thrips.

I have alot of sticky traps.

Also in the veggy room the lights are on 24 hours. Is it better to have them 18/6?

Before putting them under 12/12 lights should I reduce to 18/6 to prevent stress?

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
24 to 12/12 doesn't stress them much.

how big are your pots, and how tall do you veg them till.

Dry weight = about 1/4 wet weight.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I stopped caring about yield and focused more on the most useable buds that are at a quality level that I personally like. Anything that doesn't meet that quality control doesn't get added to my "yield totals" so they don't matter to me.

All I am trying to focus on is quality over yield and since doing that my yield AND quality is getting better. I stopped trying to bulk em up and instead am focusing on how they grow and how to make THEM happier which in turn will make ME happy.

For your yield I say you will get 10.3 ounces dry

Adequate ventilation?

Adequate ventilation?

Please explain this homie...peace

picture.php

This looks interesting

This looks interesting

Watcha got goin here Holmes?

picture.php

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I'm getting 250g. I'll take some pictures this afternoon when the kids are asleep. Thanks

If this figure is your dry weight, Id say youre doing well. Since wet weight averages 4 to 5 times dry weight, that puts your wet at 1000 -1250 g. cheers