What's new

How much longer should I run my girls?

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
Hey folks. I have a little grow going with 512W of vertical T-8 lamps in a perpetual grow. 100% organic now, using a coco/soil/perlite mix in 8 inch pots. See my sig if you're curious.

I'm currently running the following strains in my flowering chamber:

Trainwreck X Sour Diesel (2 phenos, one more Indica, but both very sativa)

Trainwreck X Colombian Gold

and Purple Haze.

I have more genetics but that is all that fits right now in the flowering chamber. I had to remove Purple Haze because it has really hermied on me due to light leaks. It has been put at the other end of the house in isolation under a 10/14 cycle with some 2 foot T8 shop lights and some CFL lamps.

One of my two Sour Diesel X Trainwreck girls(the "sativa" one) went hermie on me as well. She was also under my vents and there was a tiny amount of light reflecting through the ductwork. Except for the new Trainwreck X Colombian Gold clone that I just started, they're all at day 57. So I left her in there because she's got a lot less nuts on her than the Purple Haze did. I found maybe 6 on the whole 4-foot tall plant.

I would appreciate if anyone would look at the following pictures and help me figure out how long I should let them go. I want to finish the hermie plants as quickly as I can. I need to know what the soonest is that I can chop the hermies without killing their quality. Initial smoke tests of terrible little popcorn buds weren't very exciting yet, but I haven't touched the upper buds yet, other than to find nanners. The only one who's popcorn buds were truly descent(not done though) was the Trainwreck X Colombian Gold. She's also the stinkiest. She has a weird sort of funk about her, but she also smells fruity and skunky at the same time. I think the funk smell is from her Trainwreck heritage. I've heard a lot about it, and this seems similar.

Anyway here are the pictures:

Trainwreck X Sour Diesel "Indica"
picture.php

picture.php

Trainwreck X Sour Diesel "Sativa"*this is the hermie!
picture.php

picture.php

Trainwreck X Colombian Gold
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I don't have a new plant shot of the Purple Haze, but here is a bud:
picture.php

This girl is in an old cat cage in the back room under 10/14 lighting. I have no idea how much faster that will finish her/him, but I hope it's not too long.

Greendog*0069

It seems to me that if ya leave it another 12 days the tricones will be orange as F**k and the THC will increase . Flush it on last feed of PH 7 as this will harden the buds while under stress.. Take care
\fellow Greendog

magiccannabus

Veteran
Thanks for the reply. I can still tell visually that they calyxes haven't fattened up a lot, so the weight is definitely not there yet, but at least some of the trichs are getting cloudy. I really hope the Sour Diesel genetics don't make my TW X SD plants take 70 days or more. Done or not, the "Sativa" one is getting chopped no later than June 5th.

Speaking of which, if you have a plant go hermie from light leaks, and then reveg it, will it still produce nanners?

kash_959

yo man, revegging is a waste of time unless you looking for a mother because it'll take atleast 4 weeks of not more to just start her to veg again and then a lot longer for proper good foliage. Its easier to just get new seeds and sprout them or clones... peace

magiccannabus

Veteran
I have a veg chamber with clones waiting to go, revegging these won't cause me any down time. My only sadness is that I didn't clone the "Sativa" TW X SD, and now I don't think I can since it has hermied.

I'm starting to think that it was the light leaks that have made flowering take so much longer than expected. It's day 59 now and though the buds are big and the flowers are numerous, most of the calyxes haven't swollen much. Only the Trainwreck X Colombian Gold is really swelling(and smelling!), but now that I have the light leak fixed, I expect they'll all perform better. They went 56 days of 12/12 with light trickling in, that can't have helped.

kash_959

thanx for the rep ma man... back at ya +rep :)
day 59 is a good flower time.. hell.. a lil early lol i wait for 62 days atleast.. but yea, if the calyxes dont swell majorly then there is some stress involved and light leaks is one of the worst things that can happen. atleast it's adding to ur XP lol

EmeraldHaze

As a general rule, I'll always wait 60 days at least...

If possible, you should get a microscope or magnifying glass and go by the milky vs amber trichomes (NOT the hairs... these can't be seen with the naked eye).

Still, no more than two weeks longer I'd say... though not done, those buds are definitely progressing :)

magiccannabus

Veteran
Thanks EmeraldHaze. I have a pocket microscope and I definitely am not seeing any amber yet. I'm starting to see some cloudy. I'm just hoping these calyxes swell soon on the big one. The "sativa" TW X SD is definitely the most ripe of the bunch, followed by the TW X CG. With the light leak fixed now though, I am definitely seeing some faster bud formation

magiccannabus

Veteran
Starting to see some amber! At least on the two Trainwreck X Sour Diesels. I would say it's about 3-5% so far. How long does it usually take from your first amber trichome until you reach 25% or even 50%? I'm thinking about harvesting the "Sativa" one on the 5th of June, so that's 4 more days. Is that enough if I'm at 3-5% amber so far?

txshuffle

Hey Magic

Good to see you are still daincin' with the T-8's; as this is what I do, tho horizontal and SOG. You helped me with a pH prob during my first time, probably about a couple of months ago.

I just wanted to stop by and say that your buds are looking great. I'm envious!

Here, in the middle of the second grow, using clones from good performers from the first round, plus some gift seeds. The seeds this round have produced some Affy looking girls, one with lots of purple hairs; we'll see what happens. I guess what makes me so envious is your genetic material. One of these days when things are dialed in, I hope to get seeds here in the desert.

keep up the good

shuffle

magiccannabus

Veteran
Hey Magic

Good to see you are still daincin' with the T-8's; as this is what I do, tho horizontal and SOG. You helped me with a pH prob during my first time, probably about a couple of months ago.

I just wanted to stop by and say that your buds are looking great. I'm envious!

Here, in the middle of the second grow, using clones from good performers from the first round, plus some gift seeds. The seeds this round have produced some Affy looking girls, one with lots of purple hairs; we'll see what happens. I guess what makes me so envious is your genetic material. One of these days when things are dialed in, I hope to get seeds here in the desert.

keep up the good

shuffle

Glad to hear you're still at it! So many people have pH problems. I know I've dealt with tons of them, but now that I am all organic, I never even think about it. My microherd adjusts as it needs, I love it.

Genetics are important yeah, though just keep in mind that even strains like Trainwreck were really just Mexican, Colombian, Afghan, etc. at one time, and only became that named strain after some selection. So really with some selection of your own you can make something really nice and unique with a few targeted crosses.

My only frustration at this point is that on day 73 they are still not done, and the calyxes haven't swollen much on any of them except the Trainwreck X Colombian Gold, and even it has a while to go. I had a light leak and I think that was a big issue. Since I have fixed it, it's like they've all gone into a second blooming phase. The plus on that is that they will keep gaining weight. They need to finish soon though.

--------

Hey Lola! Thanks for stopping by. I took some samples yesterday and it looks like my biggest plant is getting buds that are turning a light blue-green(probably the Trainwreck DNA), and the leaves are turning a fun autumn mix of yellow and purple. Should be fun! I'll get some pics up when I can.

Latest posts

Latest posts