What's new

How much calmag+ do you use?

B

BuddahBoyee

Beanfish said:
Apollo11, I hear ya. I try to shoot for just south of 6.0. It's hard to determine exactly when using my sunleaves ph kit. I aim for yellowish orange (yellow = 6.0, orange = 5.5). I really need a meter. I almost ordered an Extech PH100 from Amazon on Wednesday, probably should have.

http://www.amazon.com/Extech-PH100-...d_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1227893082&sr=8-1

Extech is well known for their quality industrial instruments. Also I have an Amazon Prime membership so next day air is only $4 and 2 day is free. If I don't like it, Amazon's return policy is awesome, they even reimburse return shipping charges on damaged/defective items. :jump:

I would love to get one locally but the prices @ my 3 semi-local hydro stores are way out of line (they won't even honor their online prices in-store). Also, I don't like the people at any of them.
The one hydro store I do like is in my hometown but it's 40+ miles away and I don't make it back there very often... Too bad cuz the owner is super cool and I'd rather give my $$$ to him as he's only been in business a few years and works a full time job to help support the store. I would like to see him succeed.

You want to aim for 5.8ish.

I wish I had enough posts to give rep guys.... :cuss:
Thanks. I run coco and usually run from 5.9-6.1. I don't have cal/mag issues(RO H20). I usually boost it to 10ml though.

B

BuddahBoyee

Apollo11 said:
Have a look on the chart below that I made (Its Blaze's feeding schedule with the previous chart smushed in the middle). S stands for Sativa and I stands for Indica.
Thank you man. Does this chart fit a profile for let's say coco? Just because I have been cheating my gals out of their max potential otherwise.

Apollo11

BuddahBoyee said:
Thank you man. Does this chart fit a profile for let's say coco? Just because I have been cheating my gals out of their max potential otherwise.

To be honest, I have never run coco so I am not sure.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
BuddahBoyee said:
None of these charts live with your plants. You do. You live with them every day. Ask your plants what they want. It's not that charts are liars, they just don't know any better. Your plants do know better. They know exactly what they want and they'll never lie to you.

Apollo11

FreezerBoy said:
None of these charts live with your plants. You do. You live with them every day. Ask your plants what they want. It's not that charts are liars, they just don't know any better. Your plants do know better. They know exactly what they want and they'll never lie to you.

That advice may work for some but for others we need charts. If I were to follow my visual diagnoses from reading my plants recently I would have thought I had a Calcium deficiency. After referring to my charts I realized my PH was too high and this resulted in a Calcium lockout. After lowering my PH within range 5.3-5.6, my "rust" spotting has stopped. What works for one might not necessarily work for another. :2cents:

G

Greyskull

Personally I think the ppm #s are solid on the chart as they pertain to each stage of growth... however I find the PH reccomendation a little low.

I like ph 6.0 for veg & 5.8 thruought flower.
But thats for me. And I use coco.

Good luck!

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Apollo11 said:
If I were to follow my visual diagnoses from reading my plants
Forgive me for being opaque. Visual inspection is part of it but, I was referring to readings gained through pH and EC tests. There are plants that would fry by those charts and some that would starve. By testing our solutions before and after our plants make use of it, we can position pH to allow maximum uptake of nutrients and place EC at the desired level of our individual plants. We paid good money for this equipment. Let the tools do the work we bought them to do.

Beanfish

Hello all!!!

Just an update. I upped my cal-mag to 10ml/gal and they seem to have loved it. They are drinking nutes like crazy and are taking off! I may back off a bit when they are fully recovered.

B

BuddahBoyee

FreezerBoy said:
Thanx big dawg

I have been good to my lil hoodrats but am finding out through growing pains how to be a better daddy.

littlebud

too much of one will lock out the other...i would not use tap water(fucks with the equation. we know not whats in your tapwater neither do you)...i would add the calmag plus @ 3-5 mill per gallon maximum...what nutrients are you using? @what strength

Last edited:

Beanfish

Thanks for all the replies!

littlebud said:
too much of one will lock out the other...i would not use tap water(fucks with the equation. we know not whats in your tapwater neither do you)...i would add the calmag plus @ 3-5 mill per gallon maximum...what nutrients are you using? @what strength

I am running 50/50 RO to tap water because for some reason it seems to help keep things under control (micros and such). My tap water doesn't even register on my truncheon EC meter so it's has a pretty low EC to start. I started out with 2-3ml/gal but all plants started to show deficiencies (two separate systems) . At the time, the EC was holding steady but plants in both rigs were showing calcium deficiency. I upped the calmag to 10ml/gal about 5 days ago and they are doing MUCH better.

My last rez was 1.3ml/gal Floranova grow on my Ice clones and 1ml/gal on my AK48 from seed. Now that they all have mature root systems (and are drinking nutes) I'm actually going to bump it up to 2ml/gal and 1.5ml/gal respectively.

I will cut back on the calmag when I'm confident that they have fully recovered.

Last edited:

littlebud

raise your nutrients not the additive...in other words calmag plus is a supplementation not the bulk of your nutrient man...its cool in veg but flower your calmag wont do shit for you...1.3 mil grow 10 mil calmag lol

littlebud

i use gh...5/10...5 mill micro 10 mill bloom 2.5 calmag plus for start veg...i use 5/10/(5 cal mag plus)for full vegg...i then start flower at the same .. i gravitate to much higher ec and lower ph before changing to 8/16...i would like to know why you say your tap has no ph lol...confused for tds or ec im sure but anyway man...i will be glad to help you in your hydroponic quest if i understand your nutrient profile or make you follow mine for a minute...peace

Last edited:

littlebud

and i believe we use the same nutrients but you use the all in one micro added to the grow and bloom...am i correct?

Beanfish

littlebud said:
1.3 mil grow 10 mil calmag lol

Ya know, I was thinking the same thing! lol, It's just temorary til they're back on track... Actually I'm raising the EC via nutes, as we speak... Lower calmag on my top off earlier as well.

littlebud said:
and i believe we use the same nutrients but you use the all in one micro added to the grow and bloom...am i correct?

Correct, I'm using FloraNova, not the Flora series. I used to use PureBlend Pro, and as much as I liked it, I like the Floranova better, the plants seem to as well.

littlebud said:
i would like to know why you say your tap has no ph lol...confused for tds or ec im sure but anyway man.
Yeah, I meant EC, I edited my above post to correct the comment. Thanks for catching that.

littlebud

ok my friend i use the same nutrient line as you...i use the Flora Series...and you the FloraNova Series...so in actuality all they did is add micro to the grow and to the bloom so that you have to mix less...but we both use general hydroponics line...i think i might give that floranova a try...i will let you know you dont need the grow...all you need is the bloom and the calmag plus...but anyway i have to get a bottle to figure out the rite mix anyway...glad to help any if you need it...peace

Last edited:

Beanfish

Hello littlebud. I assume you're referring to the lucas formula? I've heard of people using it with the Floranova line but I have not looked into it. I admit that I've wondered how this works with this line as you can't adjust the micro to bloom ratios, only the amount of nutrients used... I've seen some threads on the subject but have not investigated further.

littlebud

yes generel hydroponics has the best nutrient line for hydroponics in my humble opinion...cheap too..happy growing and i will be glad to find some links to threads using this flora nova if you need them..peace

A good base should have enough cal/mag in it. I don't use any, no def in late flowering and rock hard buds in the end. Less chems, less to flush out.