What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how many times have you seen RUSH

K

KermitTheHermit

Once, at a theater in England, seated maybe seven or eight thousand. 1978, 2112 tour. Ripped on hash and blown away! Still one of my all time faves!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
at least 8 or 9 timers, aint sure. gonna have to root through my ticket stub album & see. this gettin' old stuff sux, & so does my memory...

fatigues

Veteran
Four times: Farewell to Kings in 1977; again in 1983 for the Signals tour and twice in 86 during the Power Windows tour.

Not yet ... not hardly.

Not yet ... not hardly.

Quick Answer:

Never.

Near future prognosis?

Probably not.

"Rush" in a nutshell?

"Helium vocals" with ludicrous lyrics ... Canada's "Yes".

There you go.

Take it or leave it.

Two cents from the cheap seats.

A Bunch, the last show I didn't recognize any songs tho and the only thing I thought was cool was Neil had 2 drum kits. They've pretty much lost me live. They lost me after Farewell to Kings on records except for Moving Pictures. No Working Man, no By-tor and the Snow Dog, No 2112 either. Saw them first on the FTKings show and went every time til the last one. Don't even know the name of my last show, been 5+ years ago??? I'll pass now...the machines have taken over imo...

MagniKhan

Veteran
God, more time than I care to count. The thing that has me miffed recently, the Fucking "Label" has been jacking up the sound levels on there latest albums ( when I say latest, I mean for the last decade at lest). This is fine if you have some POS audio system, but those of us with a real system, are srewed as soon as you try to turn it up!:mad:

I have 99% of the CD's, some twice cause of "Remasters". I purchased "Vaper Trails" while going through a divorce and absolutely loved loved the album, after reading Neil's book "Ghost Rider:Travels on the Healing Road" it became A LOT clearer.
I must admit, for being such a big fan, I had somehow missed the tragic events in Neils life. His journey, chronicled in Ghost Rider, inspired me in a time of need. This all culminated in to a better life after my own 8000 mile motorcycle trip, on which I followed Neil's "Vapor Trails".
My travels with "Darkman" ( a name my GF had for a certain part of me) and Neil ( threw his writing ) are forever a part of me.

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
I've been RUSH free for several years now. I think I stopped listening after the Vapor Trails Tour. My CD's were stolen from my car. Even the autographed Test For Echo cover was taken. I vowed not to re-buy. I donated my RUSH IN RIO DVD to the public library in support of local awareness. AM Radio guy now...

Q

quest

A couple times in the 70's and then once a couple years ago.
When they came back from the intermission and did five straight off of "Snakes and Arrows"......WOW worth the price of admission alone. I went at the last minute and got third row center seats at the box office. The new stuff live made the old stuff sound like garage band material. And the old stuff was great, to help put it in perspective. Opened with Limelight and the entire evening was mind blowing.

6 times in the 80's and once this decade !!

Amazing band !!!

I lost "interest" after Grace Under Pressure Album.

My first concert ever was the moving pictures tour show at Boston Garden..

I've been RUSH free for several years now. I think I stopped listening after the Vapor Trails Tour. My CD's were stolen from my car. Even the autographed Test For Echo cover was taken. I vowed not to re-buy. I donated my RUSH IN RIO DVD to the public library in support of local awareness. AM Radio guy now...

Dude............

Weed and AM radio ????

Bummer, Man !!

Olias

First Rush show: Kemper Arena, Kansas City, Subdivisions Tour.
Last Rush show: The Gorge, George, Washington, Test For Echo Tour

Saw them every tour in-between except for the Roll The Bones tour. Sometimes 2 times a tour.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Time to get this thread up and running again with all the new dates being announced for the next tour....

I am flying into Seattle for the Auburn show.

S_a_H

atomicfield

seen them about 15 times, got all of there videos on my iphone, don't leave home without them, hopefully they make it to Detroit again, I'm definitely a hardcore fan of the rock philosophers.

Here we go.. I`m an Ontario Canuck so...

1. Fly By Night Tour
2. Farewell to Kings Tour
3. Moving Pictures Tour
4. Permament Waves Tour
5. Presto Tour
6. 2112 Anniversary Tour

As you can see.. Rush rocks for me! I have all their CD`s, Early Lps, Guitar Song Books and Videos.

They are supposed to tour for the anniversary of Moving Pictures this year and play the entire LP.. WICKED!!!!

supermanlives

Veteran
i love rush . seen em 2 times. tom sayer was the first cool rock song i learned to play on drums.love the drum solo on working man i think it was.neil rocks

420ish

cant say how many times ive seen them since the first show around 81 or 82.one of my all time fav concerts (any rush show)my guess is between 15 and 20.we used to get 2 shows each time through but that was back in eightys and im too busy for 2 shows in a row now adays.vegas show this summer!!!!!!!got to love la villa!