What's new

How many times do ya have to be told...dont use fed ex!

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
No when I say "heard of" I'm talking locally within my circle.

From which I have heard several bad FedEx stories over the years.

Its the difference between sniffer dogs routinely being present at facilities, vs only when bureaucracy is somehow triggered.

dgr

It'd be great if you all could put your penises back in your pants. They are all ginormous. No clear cut winner but I, for one, am shamed by their mastodonic sizes.

headiez,
Do you have a relationship with a USPS inspector that would provide intimate knowledge to the community?

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
It'd be great if you all could put your penises back in your pants. They are all ginormous. No clear cut winner but I, for one, am shamed by their mastodonic sizes.

headiez,
Do you have a relationship with a USPS inspector that would provide intimate knowledge to the community?

I'm just trying to help people. My biggest fear is someone taking incorrect advice and getting busted.

The combination of years of experience from both myself and dozens of grower friends, combined with knowing a USPS inspector is where my references and advice come from.

But I agree, this is going nowhere, so I'm done with this thread. The general public can read the info and make their own choice, and hopefully everyone will remain safe.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
The combination of years of experience from both myself and dozens of grower friends, combined with knowing a USPS inspector is where my references and advice come from.

Is your friend by any chance currently being laid off?

Postal Service considers cutting 120,000 jobs-
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washin...-+Top+Stories)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

This means fewer people to inspect packages. There's a point in here that I'm just too tired to make, so I'll leave it up to the reader.

master shake

USPS = Dumb
UPS = Even dumber
FedEX = The dumbest

shipping product is just stupid period only the desperate fucks do it. If you want it come get it.

wait...so your advice would be for a stoner to drive cross country with however much weed? Skip the anonymity with mail, take it on your person. :laughing: don't toke'n'drive then.

Paranoia for 5 min at the shipping office or paranoia for hours driving...hmm

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

and if you've got 10#s on you you'll sweat every second of that drive, I got stopped 3 times in 3000 miles last yr while driving my motorhome. the cops profiled me for my looks, long hair & long beard but not one of them cited me for anything, I got one written warning for a loose license plate and two verbals for nonexistent bullshit.

you do that kind of weight locally, shipping it is out of the question as it will reek well before delivery can be effected.......

ozman

And thats how I got busted usps DID NOT HAVE A WARRANT TO SEARCH MY PACKAGE.It is called the tainted fruit so said my lawyer.Usps got away with opening my mail without a warrant and I still got busted.The 4th amenment doesnt mean shit anymore.And ups or fedex can open your stuff for any reason they want to.

dgr

ozman,
So you beat it then? Tainted fruit refers to all evidence gathered after their first mis-step.

How was it shipped specifically?

BigDawg

one thing about USPS is they are somehow broke and can't afford x-ray machines and extra personnel but they are offering BIG cash reward if you snitch the sender out and the cops locate them. They said drug packages have increased A LOT and they can't keep up with it so they are paying big rewards to the snitches (receivers)

fedex and ups do not need to pay snitches since it's not a government agency but they do work closely with cops and let them open packages and run the dog around if they suspect anything.

usda101

So it made it thru the USPS to the receiver, then the receiver sent it back? Receiver probably fucked up packaging or was informant. Can't really understand what you're trying to say exactly, though.
In house mailman . An he is kin nobody ripped us I mean them . He alerts thr on to it an u walk away
. He wouldn know wat to do wit a forest of mary jane . Margins are so high here loosing 15 to 20 itsn a big deal .

usda101

and if you've got 10#s on you you'll sweat every second of that drive, I got stopped 3 times in 3000 miles last yr while driving my motorhome. the cops profiled me for my looks, long hair & long beard but not one of them cited me for anything, I got one written warning for a loose license plate and two verbals for nonexistent bullshit.

you do that kind of weight locally, shipping it is out of the question as it will reek well before delivery can be effected.......

I would have to disagree , I have been aroundmany packages that iknew exactly wats in theme 10 - 15 . I give all the smell test makin sure qb is maticulous. I even set it around nonsmokrs sometimes no odor . Research timespan of odor permeation .

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
And thats how I got busted usps DID NOT HAVE A WARRANT TO SEARCH MY PACKAGE.It is called the tainted fruit so said my lawyer.Usps got away with opening my mail without a warrant and I still got busted.The 4th amenment doesnt mean shit anymore.And ups or fedex can open your stuff for any reason they want to.

sucks to hear you got busted

What did the lwyer mean by tainted fruit?

Did he mean tainted fruit as in agricultural cause to open the package?

I am also curious, was this a package that had to clear customs?

there may be interstate agricultural import export laws involved I do not know

was the package suspect for a particular reason like smell?

what sign did they use to declare it legally suspect and bypass your rights

private carries can legally open and search your shit as they please and I still do not believe this is a legal practice employed by USPS

I also do not believe they can scan interstate packages legally and being a government agency they would have to have instituted a publicly accessible (freedom of info act) set of contingencies to the standing law.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
while it is outside the scope of this thread and details should not be discussed here

if anyone gives a fuck and about anyone (sender/receiver) you insulate both parties and put the risk on abandoning the package if delivery is suspect

but this means you have to have it to gamble which mean you have to be established and ony deal with those of impeccable integrity

be smart be safe

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran

It is a legal metaphor.

Fruit of the poisonous tree is a legal metaphor in the United States used to describe evidence that is obtained illegally.[1] The logic of the terminology is that if the source of the evidence (the "tree") is tainted, then anything gained from it (the "fruit") is as well.
Such evidence is not generally admissible in court.[2] For example, if a police officer conducted an unconstitutional (Fourth Amendment) search of a home and obtained a key to a train station locker, and evidence of a crime came from the locker, that evidence would most likely be excluded under the fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine. The discovery of a witness is not evidence in itself because the witness is attenuated by separate interviews, in-court testimony and his or her own statements.
The doctrine is an extension of the exclusionary rule, which, subject to some exceptions, prevents evidence obtained in violation of the Fourth Amendment from being admitted in a criminal trial. Like the exclusionary rule, the fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine is intended to deter police from using illegal means to obtain evidence.
The doctrine is subject to four main exceptions. The tainted evidence is admissible if:

1. it was discovered in part as a result of an independent, untainted source;
  2. it would inevitably have been discovered despite the tainted source; or
  3. the chain of causation between the illegal action and the tainted evidence is too attenuated; or
  4. the search warrant not based on probable cause was executed by government agents in good faith.
The fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine stems from the 1920 case of Silverthorne Lumber Co. v. United States.[3]

usda101

Simple ! Starts wit Solid qb . An some peeps willin to take a lose an keep movn . Ima hav to leave this thread nuff said .

ozman

Tainted fruit

Tainted fruit

was the package suspect for a particular reason like smell?

what sign did they use to declare it legally suspect and bypass your rights

private carries can legally open and search your shit as they please and I still do not believe this is a legal practice employed by USPS

I also do not believe they can scan interstate packages legally and being a government agency they would have to have instituted a publicly accessible (freedom of info act) set of contingencies to the standing law.
Well I had ordered seeds from either attitude or worldwide cant remember which.The package was intercepted and opened by the usps which according to my lawyer they needed a warrant to open,which they never proved they had.The contents where forwarded on to the state police of this state.The st.police came to my door to do a talk and knock.I dont have but a few friends and none of them close or had any idea what I was doing.I wasnt selling,and no weapons here except a knife I carry in my pocket(that comes from living on a farm for 20 years.)Well when they came to the door I was in the middle of a bong and the windows where open it was april1 last year.They could smell they bong I was burning.They got a search warrant and found my grow.
The prosecution wasnt going to stop trying to prosecute even if they had to go to trial,the TAINTED FRUIT didnt worry them at all cause after the search it was all legal then so it was over before it started.
I was charged with cultivating,maintaing a common nusciance,possion over 30 grams,paraphenilia possion,and a few other trumped up charges.I bonded out the same day within a hour after being taken to the county jail.I contacted a few lawyers I found on normls web site.I ended up with a pretty good lawyer I think.After many months of court dates,we ended up copping a plea,6 months home detention,1 year probation.After the end of 1 year,the conviction of possesion over 30 grams is a D felony here,it will be removed from my record as part of the deal.
So never never never send seed orders to your home addy if its illegal in your state.So thats the skinny of it all,I did learn a valuable lesson.I WILL NEVER EVER ORDER SEEDS AGAIN TO BE SENT TO MY HOME ADDY.
The usps kinda screwed me I feel.I cant wait to get hr2306 passed and then maybe the draconian laws here in Indiana can be changed.
Uhg IM still on probation till next Aug then in November I will have my lawyer petition the court to drop it from my record.With the d felony there is no job,and its damn hard to find them anyways.

dgr

ozman,
Thank you for the details. Sucks they happened to just arrive when you were smoking. Case woulda probably got dropped without that if you didn't give them reason/permission to enter.

I had a question here. Oh yeah, are you sure it was USPS and not customs?

G

guest86120975

So what would happen if USPS found a petty amount, like under 1oz? If worse came to worse would the receiver end up with a felony or would they just hand it off to the state for regular misdemeanor charges?