What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How many times do ya have to be told...dont use fed ex!

BigDawg

It's more about how they profile packages than anything. We can all keep doing what 'we think' is best based on experience, but they do have a system for profiling and that's what i'm going off of. One of the red-flags that was stated by the united states postal system is that it is more suspicious when an individual sends to another individual overnight. Most of the packages being sent overnight are documents and small packages, not bulky ones; at least through USPS. If they consider that as suspicious then i'm not going to do it.

Packages shipped from USPS flat rate (ground) arrive in 2-3 days on average based on experience and what their service says. However it's not guaranteed like overnight packages. And I agree if the timing seems unusual then it usually means something isn't right. USPS does require signature for overnight but I just looked at FedEx and they don't require signature for express to residences only. That's cool. Definitely food for thought.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
unless you have a nice business cover on both ends i dont see how express is a better option...express mail is always delivered SEPERATE than the regular priority and ground mail.....even in a big town they send out a van first usually with the express shipments before the regular mail truck goes out....so your express shipment is NOT hidden amongst other shipments most likely there are less shipments in the express van most of them envelopes not packages. also just because your packages are getting there and everything is rolling smoothly doesnt mean anything...they could be building a case against you and letting the boxes go through. only way around is to frequently change up your drop spots but if you got an express box landing every few weeks at the same spot its much easier for them to establish a pattern.....

honestly i could care less i only use mail for seeds and clones...but i know a ton of kids shipping elbos daily and acting like they are the new tony montanas just because they got a taste of that mail money.....money is like saltwater more you drink more thirsty you get which means sending more and more packages more and more risk.....but good luck regardless i think people in non med states deserve fair access to marijuana regardless of their states oppressive laws on growing...in some places its probbaly easier to just get work shipped in instead of having to set up a grow and everything...

RUDEBOI

I CAN TELL YOU DON'T REALLY DO THIS!!!LOL

I CAN TELL YOU DON'T REALLY DO THIS!!!LOL

It's more about how they profile packages than anything. We can all keep doing what 'we think' is best based on experience, but they do have a system for profiling and that's what i'm going off of. One of the red-flags that was stated by the united states postal system is that it is more suspicious when an individual sends to another individual overnight. Most of the packages being sent overnight are documents and small packages, not bulky ones; at least through USPS. If they consider that as suspicious then i'm not going to do it.

Packages shipped from USPS flat rate (ground) arrive in 2-3 days on average based on experience and what their service says. However it's not guaranteed like overnight packages. And I agree if the timing seems unusual then it usually means something isn't right. USPS does require signature for overnight but I just looked at FedEx and they don't require signature for express to residences only. That's cool. Definitely food for thought.

I don't even know where to begin!LOL First of all I tried to "let you live" because the majority of your posts have been spot on. BUT, the fact that you DON'T KNOW that there is a box on every Express Mail slip that allows you to "check the box and initial" so that the package can just be left let me know that you're talking out the side of yer neck. It's called a "waiver of signature"!! So while you continue to "surf for knowledge", I'll actually defer to my 13 years of "relative experience" rather than read some websites propaganda ridden stats!!! BTW whoever posted that link with the USPS Marijuana in Mail deal, No where did they mention scanning the boxes!!!LOL And it also clearly said that many of the items were poorly wrapped and were stinking!!LOL Anyways, telling me that the USPS had a total of 2thousand odd busts/confiscations in 2010 is actually encouraging!!!LOL Think about the millions/billions of packages sent thru USPS Express Mail every year and they only had a couple thousand confiscations. So that means the odds of a package getting popped is something like less than 1/100th of 1%!!! Almost better odds of winning the PowerBall or getting struck by lightening then losing a package!!LOL J/K ofcourse but you can feel me hopefully, probably not huh?LOL And to whoever said that the USPS prosecutes no matter how little the amount, Oh yeah? Where are all the federal inmates at that are in federal prison for trying to recieve a QP?LOL That shit just sounds good but, a federal judge wouldn't waste 10 seconds reviewing a "weed case" that didn't involve mandatory minimums!!!!

And I really really know that you don't really know what you're talking about because you keep mentioning Fed EX and UPS as if they are viable options, THEY ARE NOT!!! Unless you enjoy regularly flushing $$$ down the drain I suggest you get a clue!!!

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
I don't even know where to begin!LOL First of all I tried to "let you live" because the majority of your posts have been spot on. BUT, the fact that you DON'T KNOW that there is a box on every Express Mail slip that allows you to "check the box and initial" so that the package can just be left let me know that you're talking out the side of yer neck. It's called a "waiver of signature"!! So while you continue to "surf for knowledge", I'll actually defer to my 13 years of "relative experience" rather than read some websites propaganda ridden stats!!! BTW whoever posted that link with the USPS Marijuana in Mail deal, No where did they mention scanning the boxes!!!LOL And it also clearly said that many of the items were poorly wrapped and were stinking!!LOL Anyways, telling me that the USPS had a total of 2thousand odd busts/confiscations in 2010 is actually encouraging!!!LOL Think about the millions/billions of packages sent thru USPS Express Mail every year and they only had a couple thousand confiscations. So that means the odds of a package getting popped is something like less than 1/100th of 1%!!! Almost better odds of winning the PowerBall or getting struck by lightening then losing a package!!LOL J/K ofcourse but you can feel me hopefully, probably not huh?LOL And to whoever said that the USPS prosecutes no matter how little the amount, Oh yeah? Where are all the federal inmates at that are in federal prison for trying to recieve a QP?LOL That shit just sounds good but, a federal judge wouldn't waste 10 seconds reviewing a "weed case" that didn't involve mandatory minimums!!!!

And I really really know that you don't really know what you're talking about because you keep mentioning Fed EX and UPS as if they are viable options, THEY ARE NOT!!! Unless you enjoy regularly flushing $$$ down the drain I suggest you get a clue!!!

easy bro. I respect the fact that you are clearly an older dude by your overuse of 'lol" and '!!!!' but chill the fuck out.

Do a google search there are plenty of people who have been busted for small amounts. Nobody wants to fuck with getting busted even if it only results in probation.

The 2k stat is incorrect, and as I've said multiple times I know multiple people who send elbows every week via FedEx ground and have done so for over a year. Guess they are just lucky hu?

BigDawg

ha ha. Your name is definitely fitting. I never mentioned UPS. About USPS express, I wasn't aware they had the option to waive signature like the ground packages. I thought their site said differently so I never bothered using it in the past. Keep thinking you are slick. No matter how many packs get through you are always at risk of your package being detained. USPS has specifically stated that it is a red-flag to send person to person via overnight. Even though I'm sure plenty of person to person packages go through overnight, it's still considered suspicious. This comes straight from USPS itself; not my opinion.

Also the link you are referring to about the mail confiscations... A few of them were actually packaged very well by the looks of it. Only 1 said it had odor leaking. Most likely their packages were profiled because of bad labels or bulky packages.... or tipped off. Or they opened it up without a warrant and once they found the goods and realized they were right, they made up an excuse, taped the package up and got a warrant. If you don't think they open packages occasionally without a warrant you are naive.

RUDEBOI

easy bro. I respect the fact that you are clearly an older dude by your overuse of 'lol" and '!!!!' but chill the fuck out.

Do a google search there are plenty of people who have been busted for small amounts. Nobody wants to fuck with getting busted even if it only results in probation.

The 2k stat is incorrect, and as I've said multiple times I know multiple people who send elbows every week via FedEx ground and have done so for over a year. Guess they are just lucky hu?

I just used the "LOL" to show that although my points are valid and very serious I'm saying things in a easy going manner. The bottom line regardless of how old I may or may not be, I'm very experienced on this particular topic. I will not get into any type of "pissing contest" or My crew yada yada yada! This is Real Life with very very real consequences. Everything I've written comes from the heart and from over 13 years of Blood, Sweat, & Tears neck deep in the belly of the beast!! I only wish I was joking about being "over qualified" to have a opinion on this topic. Again, I would not use Fed Ex or UPS under any circumstances. When you sign the shipping slip with both/any private courier company you authorize them with the right to open/inspect the package!!! I can't stress enough how that "right to inspect" plus the blatant use of racial profiling is prevalent in known drug corridors. Amongst my travels I've frequented many hotbeds of "illicit activity" such as Brownsville, McAllen Tx, Tucson, Nogales AZ, All over Cali from top to bottom, Portlant, Medford, Ashland OR, Seattle/Tacoma WA. It's not a joke and its definitely not a game. I had to learn the $uper $uper hard way not to use the private companies. I used to want to blow up Fed Ex trucks for years after how they treated me in the 90's!!!Haha I'm not trying to convince anyone on here of anything, every man has to walk his own walk. I'm merely trying to share with the community my WEALTH of knowledge and my lifes experiences. Not to say that my way is the only way but I can attest that my methods have been extremely effective and if someone was to imitate the process I'm sure the results would remain consistant.

Last edited:

RUDEBOI

ha ha. Your name is definitely fitting. I never mentioned UPS. About USPS express, I wasn't aware they had the option to waive signature like the ground packages. I thought their site said differently so I never bothered using it in the past. Keep thinking you are slick. No matter how many packs get through you are always at risk of your package being detained. USPS has specifically stated that it is a red-flag to send person to person via overnight. Even though I'm sure plenty of person to person packages go through overnight, it's still considered suspicious. This comes straight from USPS itself; not my opinion.

Also the link you are referring to about the mail confiscations... A few of them were actually packaged very well by the looks of it. Only 1 said it had odor leaking. Most likely their packages were profiled because of bad labels or bulky packages.... or tipped off. Or they opened it up without a warrant and once they found the goods and realized they were right, they made up an excuse, taped the package up and got a warrant. If you don't think they open packages occasionally without a warrant you are naive.

Dude, I really wish I could express to you how naive U are but I don't have that kind of time. What kind of possible red flag comes from somebody needing to send something overnight to another person? LOL Now if the package is very very heavy, YES that would be a bit alarming otherwise there's nothing "suspicious" about one citizen sending an item to another citizen over night. Again, with the economy being the way that it is and gov't in the mode of "down sizing" where are the resources for all of this monitoring? BTW when most Postal workers open up a package their usually STEALING!! I know of 2 occassions that packages just somehow didn't make it. What the USPS says is that it more than likely had its label ripped off and is at there facility in Denver. The USPS has a facility where they keep all of the items that are either torn open or lost address labeling. When you call them they ask you what's in the package. GAME OVER! What really happened is the guy in the post office had a hunch took the pack and all you can do is put in a claim to get that lil bit of $$. It's part of the game, those people don't get paid that much $$$ not much incentive to open up a package of free $$$ and give it to the police, it more or less is diverted to another distribution center!! Haha

BigDawg

For the 3rd time... I am going off of what the USPS has stated, themselves, about the overnight person to person. If you have had no problems.. GREAT *claps hands* but I'm talking facts straight from USPS.

Why don't you send your packages with Mexican names all over it. Oh that's right, you know that they profile packages. Well that's what they said about person to person overnight packages. They said it isn't common for normal individuals to send overnight shipments to other individuals because it is so expensive and not common. They said it's mainly used person to business or vice versa; saying it is used mainly with business'. Therefore they consider it suspicious when its person to person. I'm sure many packs get through that way but it is still considered suspicious by the United States Postal Service; yet you ignore it. That's perfectly fine. It's your choice. Cya..

G

guest86120975

Okay so, I think most of you are discussing people sending and receiving elbows and such, but what about some poor schmuck in a draconian state who's receiving 1/2-1 oz at a time through USPS for their own personals? What all would come of that? Are we talking your front door being bashed in, a knock and talk, and if worst comes to worst...? BTW, why the hell would anyone sign for a package with weed in it?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
express person to person is a red flag rudeboi, i know you claim to have had many get through but its still worse odds than just sending ground or priority.....not alot of people send express, i do alot of ebay business and we never use express, its simple too expensive. its only used for important documents, no one is gonna pay 40 bucks to ship something worth 40 bucks....its pretty common knowledge amongst the postal inspectors that express mail is frequently used by impatient drug dealers.....also since there are less parcels in the express mail category its easier for them to check those out.....while on any given day at any given post office there might be a couple thousand priority and ground boxes, theres only a handful maybe a couple dozen that go express....if you are a postal inspector and want to find some drugs, are you gonna dig through the huge pile of priority boxes or maybe go check out the express pile and look for parcels that are obviously not documents??

gotta put yourself in their position and think their way....if i was a postal inspector in northern california and i wanted to find some marijuana quickly..id go hang out at sacramento sort facilitiy (where all the humbolt/mendo post offices route their mail too)....and check the express shipments for large parcel type boxes....garuntee il find something the first day.

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
express person to person is a red flag rudeboi, i know you claim to have had many get through but its still worse odds than just sending ground or priority.....not alot of people send express, i do alot of ebay business and we never use express, its simple too expensive. its only used for important documents, no one is gonna pay 40 bucks to ship something worth 40 bucks....its pretty common knowledge amongst the postal inspectors that express mail is frequently used by impatient drug dealers.....also since there are less parcels in the express mail category its easier for them to check those out.....while on any given day at any given post office there might be a couple thousand priority and ground boxes, theres only a handful maybe a couple dozen that go express....if you are a postal inspector and want to find some drugs, are you gonna dig through the huge pile of priority boxes or maybe go check out the express pile and look for parcels that are obviously not documents??

gotta put yourself in their position and think their way....if i was a postal inspector in northern california and i wanted to find some marijuana quickly..id go hang out at sacramento sort facilitiy (where all the humbolt/mendo post offices route their mail too)....and check the express shipments for large parcel type boxes....garuntee il find something the first day.

^ yup. was gonna write something similar but was lazy/don't care enough about RudeBoiToy to type it out.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
also i forgot to add earlier...i recently met a distant uncle of mine at a family funeral for my grandpa. turns out he works with the feds in southern california, hes not an actual agent just manages a company that handles insurance and mortgage for their many properties....

he kept blabbing about how he wish he could go back in time and join the feds because he would be retired making 150k a year when he turned 50...he said i should drop an application to him blah blah blah, i asked him what the feds are mainly into these days and what i would be doing if i joined...he said number one in california right now is espionage via the chinese and russians....but other things they have divisions for are undercover agents on most commercial airplanes, undercovers on transpacific cargo ships, and the most interesting thing he said was mail bombs.....apparently the Office of the AG in california has a special team that checks the mail for bombs...he didnt mention anything about drugs or marijuana, except to joke that a dispensary owner tried to lease a building that was right next door to a DEA office in san diego lol....

he could be lying about all of this of course...but i found it interesting.

and no im not gona drop an application to him..unless i decide to become the great undercover ICmag mole in the feds...give everyone tip offs to raids and shit lol.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This whole argument is stupid. All of them Private shipper or USPS depend on people shipping anything for there company to make money. They want to send your package. You have to mess up some how for any of them to do shit.

RUDEBOI

I agree to disagree

I agree to disagree

I don't really know what part of the country you live in but where I'm at thousands upon thousands of express mail parcels are brought in daily! In small bubblefuck ass hick towns/cities you're probably right you wouldn't get away with it for long before "enquiring minds" would want to know. But in major cities that have huge volumes of mail and understaffed postal centers I challenge you to show me the % of items that actually get x-ray scanned.Haha Again, I'm not talkin huge quantities. You say its worse odds then ground and priority I say in my experience I beg to differ.