• Post grad masters

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • PhD

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
master mechanic, steel worker and,forger and not checks /signatures.ipm management and shitloads of horticulture stuff arborist.turf management . irrigation design.greenhouses.ect..all was worth it... I was told young have atleast 2 skills..... served me well and I paid cash no loans only degrees and certificates hanging on wall......peace

bobblehead

Veteran
BSB, and soon to complete a BSN/RN and MHA... With DNP and possibly a PhD to follow. Learning is a lifetime commitment.

B

beakermuppet

Biotechnology ;)........and no Im not going to work for monsanto LOL.

B

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did two years of horticulture classes at a community college.

I got a masters degree at the hard knocks university though.

dj.scotfree

Hell yea.. Wish Koopa was here.. he was doin some BA Botany/Horticulture.. stuff or something.. Miss ya brah! DJSF

W

willyweed

i have an nvq and swimming badge and a degree from budweiser
the nvq should stand for : National Vocational Qualification
sadly in my case it stands for : not very qualified !
i got my degree from budweiser for answering 10 questions about their product ,which they had drummed the answers into us for the previous hour .only got 2 wrong!
so thats a pass :)

Jbomber79

Veteran
Only one PhD.. wtf

Bill Gates-College drop out
Steve Jobs-College drop out
Mark Zuckerburg (facebook)-College drop out
??? Am I seeing a trend here.

O

OGShaman

Only one PhD.. wtf

Not really. Examples of people like that are 1 in a million. Most of us regular old saps have to get an education of some sort to make a decent living. That doesn't necessarily mean going to college though. My dad, for example, was apprentice at first, and he learned a trade on the job, and learned a skill to provide for his family.

Edit: P.S Gates, Jobs, and Mark Zuckerberg all stole ideas from people that were much smarter than they were.

Jbomber79

Veteran
ooohh sure now you go and through some statistics in there..:) Be nice if we could all go big and have it pay off... your right though you just never hear stories about the guy who dropped out and now works as a burger flipper.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Only one PhD.. wtf

How many college dropouts go on to start multi-billion dollar businesses? Just those 3? How many millions end up barely getting by?

You don't need a college degree to be successful, but it definitely helps. It helps when you choose the right major, at least.

Jbomber79

Veteran
I learned a 10th of what I do in college and all the rest on the job.... Engineering that is maybe I just picked a lam degree..lol

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
That doesn't necessarily mean going to college though. My dad, for example, was apprentice at first, and he learned a trade on the job, and learned a skill to provide for his family.

My brothers got science degrees, one doctorate and one a masters..

Anyways, I make roughly double my bro with the masters, And I make a little less than my other bro with the doctorate.

I make a little under 6 figures working half the year. Skilled trades can pay very well.

I still have huge respect for anybody with higher education.

Lung.Butter

Went to university, did a year of chemistry then changed to bio science, passed my finals but never did a dissertation. Never bothered to go back because I hated it, got a job selling stuff, hated that, took up growing instead.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I went to a University not as a student, to pick up chicks, worked great!!!
I strongly recommend all you guys go to a University, today....
-SamS

thaicat

It's amazing, the folks you run across in prison. I don't joke about that in any manner. It's simple fact. I've known/know folks from one end of the educational spectrum, to the other. Hands down, the ones I met in the Pen were the most clever, artistic and imaginative.

If only they applied that talent in a legitimate manner, they'd be rich overnight.

stig

...the value of going to university is an individual thing, for me it saved my life. The metric (i.e., personnal growth, money, career advancement, learning, cultural experience, etc.) that one uses to place a value on university vs the other options will highly effect the outcome of one's comparison.

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Dropped out of college at 18 and volunteered for the draft in 1969. I don't know what I was thinking. Got a Phd in small infantry tactics courtesy of the Viet Cong in Nam. Went back to college in '71, bad mistake should have waited a couple of years. I wasn't mentally ready to study with all the round eyed pussy around campus. Got more serious(kids) in '78 and got a AS degree in environmental sciences in '80.