What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How many of you are on more than one cannabis forum?

X

xavier7995

I am here, on the farm, and a new place that just started up. Each has different stuff going for it, for a while there was a real good active scene of local folks over at the farm, not so much now and they ditched the state forums so meh. I really like that there has been an increase in the state sections and general chat here at IC, it was already sort of the goto for solid info...now its just a bit more friendly and chatty, you can only look at so many grow pics. New place is...new and not much activity.

Hydro8

As far as discussion and reading “latest posts” icmag is the only forum I bother to make an acct at. The rest of the grow forums I just skim thru google.

When I google stuff and read stuff on the other forums it usually reads like 17yr old kids are playing expert and spewing 90% misinformation(seriously..). Icmag has it share of misinformation (like most forums) but it seems to retain a decent amount of educated and experience growers who will take the time to make a legible post.

pinkus

Veteran
LMFAO.

It's a big world out there. WTF would I pretend that I am married to a website?

:shooty::bandit:

Last edited:

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
This is it for me. I lurk a bit at logical gardener but the activity just isn't there. Being that this is my full time job, I like a completely cannabis focused resource.

I'll tell ya where you should be if you have the time- edx.org
Free education from a lot of universities. Nothing to do with cannabis but you can audit a lot of topics that come up here frequently. I recommend Biology through MIT and anything through Wageningen (breeding systems, crop production, soil science, etc.)

MrBungle

Been unceremoniously banned from another non existent forum... The owner told me to go to ICMag and enjoy.... So I did and I do...

I don't have the urge to be "the new guy" anywhere.. So you are stuck with me here Gypsy :)

hayday

Veteran
I have been a member on a few others but this is my home. I dont post alot here but I come
everyday and read and learn.
Lots of funny people here and they all grow good weed:biggrin:

Bobby Boucher

As a frequent mouth breather, its nice to be reminded to be humble and stfu whenever possible. I've been coming here everyday for years for my daily reminder.

Ya'll some smart cookies. It can get a little backwoodsy in this mafk but still one of the most intelligent groups I've ever tried to be a part of.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
If I google something most of the time its gonna land here.. The other sites are ugly, and nobody smokes NLD. All OG Kush, and mouth breathers... :biggrin:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
As far as discussion and reading “latest posts” icmag is the only forum I bother to make an acct at. The rest of the grow forums I just skim thru google.

When I google stuff and read stuff on the other forums it usually reads like 17yr old kids are playing expert and spewing 90% misinformation(seriously..). Icmag has it share of misinformation (like most forums) but it seems to retain a decent amount of educated and experience growers who will take the time to make a legible post.

Over the years Ive been flooding google with questions about all kinds of things and taking notes/screenshots from all of the relevant sources that would come up. Interesting how majority of social media & forums attract and breed ignorance, illiteracy and fake news/facts while only a small portion genuinely cultivate minds. Its a prime example of innate human nature/anatomy/history, have to search hard to find decency or understanding in people and typically if you do it requires overlooking blatant ignorance, lack of intelligence or worst both simultaneously.

After collecting all the information Id compare and contrast everything found on the subject into majority and minor claims. Next the majority and minority claims are verified in depth by repeating the flooding google and taking notes/screenshots, compare & contrast sequence. Then with all of the unverifiable information removed I write an in depth set of my own structured/worded notes or explanation with the verified information to help me remember and the sources to refresh my memory once in awhile. I started posting threads with my notes to try and save people the hassle and ideally discuss further.

When you read something and then write your own notes you process the information through your memory more times developing more neural links (associations/patterns essentially linking different things together for easier reference). Writing your own notes bypasses personal biases in regards to how the information was discovered/presented as well for easier retention as its you teaching yourself which instills self relevance and a sense of personal accomplishment.

Self importance/relevance/accomplishment and adequate sleep are the most vital components to information acceptance/rejection and retention. A good example is the "it doesnt relate to or affect me so it doesnt matter, fulfill your urges, live in excess" thought process/lifestyle so many people have today. Think of people that complain about homeless people and then when they are homeless how fast the opinion changes to complaining that people with the means to help dont help, reiterating self relevance at a specific moment.

Extroversion (majority of the human population) meaning emotion/feeling/action/reaction happens first before thought ("fight or flight") and a need/reliance for social interaction and dopamine along with cognitive bias (systematic pattern of deviation from rationality in judgment which affects everyone) together explain majority of people simply due to their brain anatomy are generally incapable of accepting different perspective/information or change ("cant fix stupid" comes to mind). The saying goes "if you dont use it you lose it" and just the same in inverse of that the more you use it the harder it is to lose. Humans are creatures of habit and our brains work hard to establish routine without us noticing. This relates heavily to lack of self control, some people develop routine faster than others. The repetition/routine of things like eating cheeseburgers for lunch everyday or washing your hands can become habitual without noticing. Its honestly ridiculous how predictable majority of people are when you have a heightened awareness/understanding, its Pandora's box there is no going back... People that dont (or anatomically cant) think before they act fall into distinct repetitions identical to the animals.

Neuroplasticity is the change in neural pathways and synapses that occurs due to certain factors, like behavior, environment, or neural processes. During such changes, the brain engages in synaptic pruning, deleting the neural connections that are no longer necessary or useful, and strengthening the necessary ones.

"People make themselves appear ridiculous when they are trying to know obscure things before they know themselves."

-Socrates

"The unexamined life is not worth living."

-Socrates

"The inexperienced in wisdom and virtue, ever occupied with feasting and such, are carried downward, and there, as is fitting, they wander their whole life long, neither ever looking upward to the truth above them nor rising toward it, nor tasting pure and lasting pleasures. Like cattle, always looking downward with their heads bent toward the ground and the banquet tables, they feed, fatten, and fornicate. In order to increase their possessions they kick and butt with horns and hoofs of steel and kill each other, insatiable as they are."

-Socrates

"In every one of us there are two ruling and directing principles, whose guidance we follow wherever they may lead; the one being an innate desire of pleasure; the other, an acquired judgment which aspires after excellence."

- Socrates

"Each of these private teachers who work for pay ... inculcates nothing else than these opinions of the multitude which they opine when they are assembled and calls this knowledge wisdom."

- Socrates

"I only wish that wisdom were the kind of thing that flowed … from the vessel that was full to the one that was empty."

- Socrates

"I went to the artisans, for I was conscious that I knew nothing at all, as I may say, and I was sure that they knew many fine things of which I was ignorant, and in this they certainly were wiser than I was. But I observed that even the good artisans fell into the same error as the poets; because they were good workmen they thought they knew all sorts of high matters, and this defect in them overshadowed their wisdom — therefore I asked myself on behalf of the oracle, whether I would like to be as I was, neither having their knowledge nor their ignorance, or like them in both; and I made answer to myself and the oracle that I was better off as I was."

- Socrates

As a frequent mouth breather, its nice to be reminded to be humble and stfu whenever possible. I've been coming here everyday for years for my daily reminder.

Ya'll some smart cookies. It can get a little backwoodsy in this mafk but still one of the most intelligent groups I've ever tried to be a part of.

If I google something most of the time its gonna land here.. The other sites are ugly, and nobody smokes NLD. All OG Kush, and mouth breathers... :biggrin:

More oxygen gets to your brain breathing through your nose increasing brain activity, I open my mouth and speak as little as possible...type on the forums alot though lol.

Last edited:

Sunshineinabag

Icmag and one other that's not available to the reg crowd are the best on the web. It's hard to find the CHITLOADS of pertinent info that thus site has....but if your patient you should come away from this site more informed than when u joined. I've noticed a lot of other sites seem to allow anyone to be a moderator along with high school type bullying of folks in political etc etc etc all on a cannabis site! I think folks who have internal strife should not injest cannabis and go online! Lmao! It would be nice to have one great site that's not blasted with drama or knuckleheads but they are everywhere. When u come to a cannabis site and have some clown tell u u better behave to a member cause they are deadly........folks have no clue who we are or what we have been through. I did my time, been on phase line Fran, done my service! These sites are for sharing,helping ....learning......meeting new folks. If we can laugh and have fun along the way all the better. I see some here who just think little jabs here and there are cute and funny. Let's focus on the plant! Not reliving your dysfunctional childhood.

For example blynx here is a member who is the EPITOME of a online helpful grower! I mean just look at the effort,help amd work he put into his screw in led thread! Truly a master of heljg Farmers along, then talk about the ultimate sativa revival thread!!!!!!total class acts! Top shelf varietals by top shelf farmers!

WelderDan

Veteran
Before I joined here I belonged to 3 or 4. Overgrow, Reefermans forum, CW and another that I forget now. Eventually they were all shut down except for CW and I landed on ICMAG after lurking on a few other sites. While we do have our drama (So did OG and the others), it's not as bad. I'm still a member of CW, if it even exists. Haven't been there in years because it's mostly the same handful of people posting.

I don't do IG, never plan to. So this is it. I've made some friends, and I like all the sub-forums because I have access to info on other topics like micro or organic, and I get ideas I can incorporate into my own methods.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Only ever lurked at OG. Hung around the farm for a while in 2008. Got an Instagram account but I hate it, although it has helped me find answers to some pest issues. Much prefer being back at ICmag!!

mr.brunch

Veteran
Ic only for me.. occasionally I’ll have a glance at some of the others if I fancy a bit of drama... but I’m only a member here

mr.brunch

Veteran
This the facebook like system were talking about here fellas ? Your stories match up really nicely for that one group of people on the Internet. I click the like button for 1 girl only for my entire life cause im smart. Then one day i started clicking on it for a 2nd girl and its kinda the same. I really like icmag.

Facebook?
Fuck Facebook right in the ear.

Fixed up

This is my first post here. I signed up initially for the other biggy just because it came up first in my google search. I have gained a ton more info here and the childishness that goes on over there has become insane.

From new members talking down to the OG's with tons of experience to trashing a great vendor along with their threads like Megacrop just because another vender would pay more. Lets not even get started with the 4 or 5 children who seem mentally ill in the political forums.

Sticking here instead. Thanks for all the great info, especially the hemp bucket threat that got me started off in the right direction.

PDX Dopesmoker

Usenet was a good source of user generated content back in the 1990s, thats where I learned how to make hash oil. The funny story about that is that in D.A.R.E. class in high school in the 80s they taught us that regular weed was comparatively weak at 5% THC compared to hash (10%) while hash oil was up to 35%!!!. The second I heard those numbers I knew I wanted to smoke some hash oil. D.A.R.E. class was right too, I remembered what I learned there and in the early 1990s I managed to look up all the relevant info on Usenet and make some crazy strong errrl out of relatively weak imported plant matter from south of the border.

Latest posts

Latest posts