What's new

How Long Do You Flush Before Harvest?

Granger2

Veteran
Yellowing leaves show that the plant is consuming all its stores of nutes. That's what you want. That's the purpose of flushing. Good luck. -granger

I had just flushed my plant and there seemed to be alot of salts left behind on my tray i keep under my bucked, also alot of my leaves are yellowing..is that a bad sign?
i wouldn't worry too much, there are lots of other things that cause stains like that...hard water for instance would be the biggest factor, you should see the bottom of my tents, just pure white, though it's mostly the calcium from my hard water and diatomacious earth thats been flowing out the bottom...

ive tried just about everything over the years and constantly i always find that half strength lucas formula is the best regime for any strain out there...the only thing that gave me better results was adding koolbloom powder for a few weeks in the middle, but that seems to mostly just oversalt my soil, and my 2 weeks of plain water isn't enough to get all of it out of my grow beds...this makes starting the next round tricky for my since i do a no till grow bed style and i like to start each round with a completely nutritionless soil. that and the microbial life that ive innoculated my soil with over and over go into stasis when salt levels get too high...i am slowly transitioning to an organic setup but with this plant less is always more...in the past pages they mention that farmers don't flush their crops, it should maybe also be mentioned that as far as i have heard when farmers grow pot they don't really need any nutes...it may have just applied to hemp but i think my point is the same, that pot is a plant evolved to live on much less than your everyday veggie...weed is a Prius, tomatoes and corn are escalades...

if you don't use too much fertilizer during the grow 2 weeks of plain water should be plenty to flush your system, i use big ass grow beds and mine flush fast, but part of that is dependent on how much plant to soil you have. one small plant in a big ass pot will take way longer to flush than a huge plant in a small pot, because when you just add plain water the last few weeks it's the plant thats cleaning out your soil, not the water. the bigger the plant, the faster it cleans.

Slazz

As long as it takes for the fans to yellow up and fall off. Strain dependent and also depends on what I was feeding prior. Can be anywhere from 10-20 days in most cases.

Latest posts

Latest posts