What's new

How long can properly stored flowers remain usable?

JockBudman

Just to add to the stories, I was demolishing an old cupboard recently, that I'd previously used to both grow and later dry, a few crops. Whilst clearing it out I found a full branch of Thai leaning zamaldelica that was at least 18 months to 2 years old and covered in spider webs and dust. Quick brush off and mild vacuuming later and it vaped almost as good as it had originally after a good jar cure. Bit lacking in taste but otherwise a nice blast from the past.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a look at the freezer stash today and found this...from 2009 !
Power Plant ! - you don't hear much about it these days bit it was massive in the 90's and noughties. Very speedy... bred from Durban Poison afaik. Big in Europe.. a staple of the Dutch Coffee shops back then. Party weed. The Missus and i used to smoke this whilst many others were on the Marching Powder, and we were the most lively people in the room! We had FUN with this.
Anyway.. - i'll smoke some later and let you know if it's still speedy.
pp09.jpg
pp09nug.jpg
pp09macro.jpg

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
........ok, well it's certainly still a heady smoke. Not quite as speedy as i recall - or maybe i'm just 10-15 years older lol. Smells pretty much as i remember it (never a strong smell, sharp metallic kind of thing.) and is still potent for sure!
VG :tiphat:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a look at the freezer stash today and found this...from 2009 !
Power Plant ! - you don't hear much about it these days bit it was massive in the 90's and noughties. Very speedy... bred from Durban Poison afaik. Big in Europe.. a staple of the Dutch Coffee shops back then. Party weed. The Missus and i used to smoke this whilst many others were on the Marching Powder, and we were the most lively people in the room! We had FUN with this.
Anyway.. - i'll smoke some later and let you know if it's still speedy.
View attachment 18758594 View attachment 18758595 View attachment 18758596
VG
Wow thats along time , man thats some good willpower not to crack into it all these years.

So the taste holds up OK ? , obviously not as good bit still some tastes from Original batch.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi @ojd , PP was never particularly tasty but yeah it smells and smokes pretty much as i remember, a bit duller maybe but..
I did keep some Cheesy weed in that freezer for at least 5 years, Psychosis i think it was.. and i didn't open the freezer very often but every time i did you could still smell it quite strongly.. that one got smoked a few years ago.
And like you said earlier... if you 'lose' a sealed jar for a year or two, especially if the weed was just right in terms of dryness, then it can smoke really nicely and seem even better than it was.

revegeta666

Hi @ojd , PP was never particularly tasty but yeah it smells and smokes pretty much as i remember, a bit duller maybe but..
I did keep some Cheesy weed in that freezer for at least 5 years, Psychosis i think it was.. and i didn't open the freezer very often but every time i did you could still smell it quite strongly.. that one got smoked a few years ago.
And like you said earlier... if you 'lose' a sealed jar for a year or two, especially if the weed was just right in terms of dryness, then it can smoke really nicely and seem even better than it was.
Hey VG, it looks like the Power Plant bag wasn't vacuum sealed either, was it? If you are still happy with this weed after all these years, I guess we can assume vacuum sealed weed should stay usable for many years. That's great news.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
my opinion... n everyone has one is ... fresh is better... n by fresh i mean dried, n cured... i like my weed in the 1st few months after cure.. usually most of it is goneby the next harvest ... if its not i'll start smoking the fresh weed, n make hash or brownies with the 'old' weed...

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I once went a couple years without my own grown. It was so long a time I began toying with the possibility I was remembering it being better than it actually is. Then I found an old brass bat I had loaded and only taken a few hits from before forgetting about it.

Damn that was tasty!! lol

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have 2 small jars with 2 of my fav verities stashed away. Animal Piss and Destiny F1. I'll check them in a year.

Latest posts

Latest posts