What's new

How I got roots in 6 days.

slowandeasy

Veteran
I'm already behind the 8 ball with this batch, and it'll be another week before the mother has any clones to take, so I'll get it all straight next time.

I did go buy some rubbermaid's at Target last night, the humidity went from 45% to 90%.

Your trip to Target is going to be worth every penny...good luck!!

dunkydunk

Thanks Herbo and Slow for a good summation of some of the finer points of this technique.

Now it's a little too warm @90f and 95 rh.

I'm steering the boat.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Thanks Herbo and Slow for a good summation of some of the finer points of this technique.

Now it's a little too warm @90f and 95 rh.

I'm steering the boat.

Not sure how your set up is, but that is too hot. Good humidity, but lower the temp. Explain how you have your set up.

M

merlot

Thanks for the informative posts! Going to try your technique and see how things go!

dunkydunk

Thanks Herbo & Slow

Thanks Herbo & Slow

I have roots on 7 out of 25 clones today, nice thick roots too.

So after 3 or 4 days in 82f, 95% rh, I get seven all popping at once. I usually only get 1 or 2 at first. And these particular clones were on their deathbed for a week before I spent $10 at target for tubs and $20 at Petsmart for a decent thermo/hygrometer. 82 degrees and 95% humidity, these are the magic numbers.

Cloning has been hit or miss for me since the beginning, everything else runs great (or at least good), now I feel like I actually got it down, I'll never have the same troubles again.

82 and 95. It's always something simple, it's all very simple.

I know I am.

slowandeasy

Veteran

So after 3 or 4 days in 82f, 95% rh, I get seven all popping at once. I usually only get 1 or 2 at first. And these particular clones were on their deathbed for a week before I spent $10 at target for tubs and $20 at Petsmart for a decent thermo/hygrometer. 82 degrees and 95% humidity, these are the magic numbers.

Cloning has been hit or miss for me since the beginning, everything else runs great (or at least good), now I feel like I actually got it down, I'll never have the same troubles again.

I know I am.

Excellent news!! Now that you have it set up right, you will do great everytime. Good job!!

Herborizer

Veteran

I know I am.

Congrats! The Rh, sealed for first 48, and 80f is what did it for me too. love this thread.

Budley Doright

Veteran
I love all the talk about cloning rh and temps....

In my thread Temps was the key point of the thread...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4133470#post4133470

Im not trying to pump my method either....

Im interested in doing larger clones or air layering clones with coco.....
the method in my thread I think is less than ideal.....

Anyone have any opinions on doing really large clones????

Ive done some air layering worked pretty well but want to replace the rapid rooters I used with coco.....

Herborizer

Veteran

Ive done some air layering worked pretty well but want to replace the rapid rooters I used with coco.....

I have seen some monster clones taken in COCO. Like 10-12 inches! I find that Coco is the best cloning medium and growing medium for me. Just like in your thread, heat is a critical part of success. I think that a lot of people have no problems with RH, but thats because their cloning area already has pretty high RH.

Some people like me, have REALLY low RH like 20-30%. I believe that this is why I didn't have good success with the IceTubes. I bet you anything, if I re-did my IceTube cloning but also boosted my RH over 55%, I would of had success.

Anyhow, when doing large clones I bet you will love cloning in Coco. Very simple and its like the clones don't miss a beat.

slowandeasy

Veteran

I can take huge clones in Coco. They root really fast and require less veg time. Once you get the hang of it size does not matter much. I can take tiny little clones or huge woody stems and still get roots in 6-7 days. If your temps, humidity and moisture level are good you will have excellent results. The whole concept is to fill your cup with roots as past as possible. The more need to drink, the faster they will grow. If your coco is too wet, the roots will not grow fast. Good luck

Great thread guys. I'm like Herbalizer, I've tried tons of techniques to no avail. I'm currently around the 30% humidity levels as well. I was happy when I read that Herb first got roots. Going to give this a try tonight and follow step by step.

Herborizer

Veteran
Great thread guys. I'm like Herbalizer, I've tried tons of techniques to no avail. I'm currently around the 30% humidity levels as well. I was happy when I read that Herb first got roots. Going to give this a try tonight and follow step by step.

The key is Temp + Humidity + Leave alone for the first 48 hours. You will get it.

I just took some clones two days ago. I thought I was prepared, but the new rubbermaid container I am using didn't hold the RH well. Also, its very cold right now and I had an issue of either too much heat or too little. I did make a bunch of adjustments the first 24 hours and finally got it stable. I am pretty sure I will get roots, but I am betting that these will be delayed about a week to root because of all the issues in the first 24 hours.

I am putting together a dedicated chamber that I can control temps better. Also, the rubbermaid container I am using, I am going to put a gasket on the lid so that it seals up tight for next time.

Thats how it goes. A little stumbling wont bring fast roots, so I expect them late.

rafe

Cloning

Cloning

I was the worst at cloning until I did the rubbermade thing with a air bubbler from a fish tank. I hardly ever lose one now. I also spray the leaves a few times a day for about 5 days and then you should have it. Use a clean razor cut on a angle and I don't even use gel or powder but it doesn't hurt to use everything you can in my book. Man I was proud when I got 8 out of 8 clones in my bubbler first time!! Peace

Herborizer

Veteran
I was the worst at cloning until I did the rubbermade thing with a air bubbler from a fish tank. I hardly ever lose one now. I also spray the leaves a few times a day for about 5 days and then you should have it. Use a clean razor cut on a angle and I don't even use gel or powder but it doesn't hurt to use everything you can in my book. Man I was proud when I got 8 out of 8 clones in my bubbler first time!! Peace

See my signature for how I feel about bubblers. :)

LAboutz

I slowandeasy , im trying this right now , whit 4 clones , canna coco, rhizo, whit a dome in white plastic cup , a t5 54w at 2feet , rootech clonning gel, a little scratch 1 inch , i hope it will roots . pics tomorrow