What's new

How I got roots in 6 days.

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
Thanks of rsharing this method SlownEasy. Been having a problem with my cloner. Its an important time for it to work as my entire flower room died when my ac failed and it hit 140f. Usually have 90% roots in 7-10 days with my cloner but something went wrong this time. My question is:

I want to put these clones in coco and see if they will root. A few of them have a touch of white snot on the bottoms, but they are not mushy and the clones are still upright and alive. Been in the cloner about two weeks. They all have white nubs and look like they want to root but they are not.
Wondering if i should give them a light dip in clonex before putting them in the coco even though they have nubs? Any thoughts?

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Cool thread I like it :). I root my clones in an aero cloner and just as long as it's cleaned out it gives me roots in 6 days consistently, near zero maintenance too, I just put my clones in there and check for roots every few days, I could forget about them for a week, come back and I'd have roots that's why I love the aero.

Granger2

Veteran
I have an Aero Cloner. Works well. I switched to coco cause it's just so easy. The Aero cloner is low maintenance except for cleaning/sterilizing it. Now with 100% rooting in coco, I don't ever have to clean, sterilize or dry that machine again. I'm happy to have put it in dry dock. Good luck -granger.

Oggy

after reading this thread all the way through, im seeing that there is a MASSIVE amount of retarded wives tale shit being spread around as fact... there are a million different reasons why a cutting from a plant doesnt root in the time that you think it should... even if you follow the directions in the original post...

cuttings take different amounts of time to produce roots depending on the strain that the cutting came from... there is absolutely NO sure fire way to force a cutting to produce roots in 6 days or less... i have strains that pop out roots in 5 days... i have strains that pop out roots in no less then 21 days... all under the same conditions....

slowandeasy

Veteran
Thanks of rsharing this method SlownEasy. Been having a problem with my cloner. Its an important time for it to work as my entire flower room died when my ac failed and it hit 140f. Usually have 90% roots in 7-10 days with my cloner but something went wrong this time. My question is:

I want to put these clones in coco and see if they will root. A few of them have a touch of white snot on the bottoms, but they are not mushy and the clones are still upright and alive. Been in the cloner about two weeks. They all have white nubs and look like they want to root but they are not.
Wondering if i should give them a light dip in clonex before putting them in the coco even though they have nubs? Any thoughts?

I would wash the clones, if they have nubs dont bother adding anything. Just use some moist coco, and make sure the stem is tightly packed. Do not overheat, that causes snot. 80F is perfect IMO.... Good luck!!!

slowandeasy

Veteran
after reading this thread all the way through, im seeing that there is a MASSIVE amount of retarded wives tale shit being spread around as fact... there are a million different reasons why a cutting from a plant doesnt root in the time that you think it should... even if you follow the directions in the original post...

cuttings take different amounts of time to produce roots depending on the strain that the cutting came from... there is absolutely NO sure fire way to force a cutting to produce roots in 6 days or less... i have strains that pop out roots in 5 days... i have strains that pop out roots in no less then 21 days... all under the same conditions....

It is true some strains clone harder than others, but I get roots is 7 days or less EVERYTIME. If you follow my instructions and it takes you 21 days, something is wrong....PERIOD. 80F, a 23 watt CFL, high humidity, and moist coco, and some rooting compound will produce roots 100%, and never take 21 days. BTW, what are the retarded wives tales in this thread, because if you think I do not know what I am talking about you are surely mistaken!

slowandeasy

Veteran
Time to resurrect my favorite cloning thead. Thank you very much slowandeasy.

I have discovered one more step that some of us may need to add to slow and easy's method, to get roots in 6 days instead of 12+. Chlorine. See thread and let me know if you have any improvement. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=219683

I use RO water, which has ZERO chlorine. Sorry Herborizer, maybe you should try some really clean water. Too much chlorine is bad, a little is good to keep things sterile. Do you clean your razor before each use? Are your temps and humidity perfect? Do you have too much light? I use RO water only for everything, because I like to start clean. Try not to overcomplicate things. Get a gallon of RO water from the refill machine at the grocery store and give it a try. Just use 1/2 strength nutes and some clonex or other type of rooting compound. I promise you, chlorine is not needed.

Herborizer

Veteran
I use RO water, which has ZERO chlorine. Sorry Herborizer, maybe you should try some really clean water. Too much chlorine is bad, a little is good to keep things sterile. Do you clean your razor before each use? Are your temps and humidity perfect? Do you have too much light? I use RO water only for everything, because I like to start clean. Try not to overcomplicate things. Get a gallon of RO water from the refill machine at the grocery store and give it a try. Just use 1/2 strength nutes and some clonex or other type of rooting compound. I promise you, chlorine is not needed.

Sorry slowandeasy, you know I have been through all these details with you and successfully at that. Though, I am 99% sure this chlorine theory is spot on. I have used RO. RO doesn't take everything out (some of us are on well water).

So far with my tests, side by side, chlorine to non chlorine, and if I add tiny amounts of chlorine to be a little higher pmm of chlorine then average city water I get the exact results you get. Everything else being the same. Give it a chance. I think am on to something here.

I am very happy at the moment. Nothing to change as I have the results I have always wanted. Following your method, with rh high, and a dash of chlorine in the water and bingo.

Thanks again and still my favorite cloning thread.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
The inner cup has holes, but you didn't mention holes in the outer cup. Maybe the cup you're using for a light cover is preventing air circulation?

slowandeasy

Veteran
Just an FYI. RO filters usually don't remove chlorine by themselves: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_osmosis

Mine removes chlorine, and the ones at the stores do as well. But not all do, you are correct. RO water is not why I am successful. Possibly since you are on a well, that is why your having troubles? The chlorine will kill any bacteria or contaminants, that is why city water has it added. But some cites use Chloramine, which is deadly to plants.

Hey I am glad you found a way for it to work for you, that is all that matters. Everyone has a different water source, and I have preached for years that it is a huge factor in success. That is why I use RO water, and start from 0. Then I control what goes into my plants, and nothing else can play a factor. Again, congrats on your success, and hopefully anyone else who is having troubles could try it too. Peace!!!

wisco61

I gave this method a go and had great results. This is a C99 14 days old, didn't use any rooting powder or anything. Just half strength nutes.

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 20

cyat

Veteran
cloned in promix, rockwool, perlite w/wicks, aerocloners, peat pucks, jiffy preforma plugs, rapidrooters,coco and rockwool with wicking mats, and probably more I forgot, using powders, gels,zone, rock supercharger, azos and mykos, rootstock, enzymes,and nothing......etc. kind ridiculous but the cheapest, most low maintanence, reliable and fastest for me is:canna coco and big perlite 50/50, low strength bloom nutes, and clonex, in small cups in a dome with a heating mat on low, I saturate the cups and leave about a 1/4 in. of water in the tray. best part is pressing the mix super hard around the cuts this reduces failure. roots in week, with no transplant shock into soil or coco.

G

gloryoskie

Need to keep this going, switched my grow to coco, but still cloned in plain water.

Am now getting roots faster with coco cloning method. No transplant lag either.

Cool.

slowandeasy

Veteran
If you grow in Coco....clone in Coco!!!! It is fool proof, you will never lose a clone if you follow my instructions. I highly recommend Vita-Grow Rooting compound. Dip your clone in the liquid for 1 min, put in coco and make sure to pack the stem tight. Stuff is cheap and I think it works the best. Glad this old thread is staying alive.