What's new

How good are autos these days

offthehook

Veteran
Quote AKDrifter:Until they are BETTER than the regular strains why dilute. End quote. (?)?

You're putting it the wrong way AKDrifter; The idea is to enrich something more potent with the auto trait.

We only take the auto trait for it's marketeble value of beeing grown more easy.

The auto trait is already (almost) fully implemented after 4 generations of back crossing it to an auto variety.

After that, the big idea is to get all traits of the regular plant back exept for it's photo sensitivity.

When given enough time, an auto should percentage wise be hardly any different from the original regular.

This is not rocket science btw!

Basic horticultre just.

When priority will be given to select for enriched thc/cannabinoid profiles, the auto's as a matter of fact will be more advanced on the long run when grown under the right conditions.

See next post >

Last edited:

offthehook

Veteran
Quote AKDrifter: Is auto anything as good as its 12/12 roots? End quote. (sarcasm on?)

Depends on how far into the evolutionary line you are intercepting it AKDrifter.

At some point they will most likely even become more potent since they can handle longer uninterupted amounts of light hours on them. ^^

(If your brain would still be able to handle that shit would be an other question tho, cuzz we haven't ever coexisted with something that strong. Maybe it could appear alien to our brain & body, who knows.)

There seems to be a correlation between super potent strains and equatorian conditions.

Now imagine what would happen if you combine equatorian intense light with uninterrupted amounts of light...

Back to the Finola and my experiments with cabbage & tobacco at 65 degrees northern lattitude.

Finola is an absolute monster strain thanks to the long summers days with virtually no dark hours.

It has been bred using the 'heirloom methode' on hundreds and hundreds of acres and been selected for no thc at all, but instead to produce supersized buds to accomodate as many as possible seeds for hemp oil production.

I don't know of any regular, 12/12 commercial hemp variety that could compete with this strain for it's seed yielding capacity inside a time frame of just 4 months, seed to harvest.

Now lets say that they would have bred this strain for the purpose of producing thc rich cannabinoids...

My bet is on that it would outdo any regular 12/12 variety when given enough time & space while under the right circumstances.
(like lets say... eh, semi Indoors in the Sahara, lol) sarcasm off.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Smoking Finola is an interesting experience. There's no high or mental change, but you definately feel something, but it's hard to describte what. For instance, you feel medicated, but without the high, if that makes sense. You feel sedated and calm, but with absolutely 0 mental or visual sensations. It does however make your eyes red. I could see this being benefitial in some patients who for one reason or another do not want to feel intoxicated, yet want some relief.

Offthehook is right though, finola buds and plants are uniform and huge. Also produces some of the largest calyxes and seeds I've seen in my life.

I don't suggest growing it if you're trying to get high though. And, to be honest, a lot of THC-rich indica varieties have better medical effects, albeit with some "intoxicating" effects as well.

offthehook

Veteran
picture.php

This is seeded Dieselryder f3. (fully auto at 65 northern lattitude)

They were grown in an extremely dense SOG of wich most of the hundreds of smaller plants have been removed before the pic was token, hence the lolly pop shape.

3 years earlyer, the largest original F1 was about 60 cm tall & with a 60 gr seeded bud on her during an exellent summer at the same spot.

The biggest bud on this pic was 78 gr during the most lousy summer whatsoever. ( rain, rain, rain, and sometimes for even 2 weeks in a row & without giving the plants some time to dry up.)

These f3's are now standing at 165 cm tall, so next year they will prolly hit the 180cm line and produce even more weight.

If a plant like that were to be grown in a medium of it's own and under optimal conditions & without males... Ah well, I suggest you let your own imagination flow and then you'll know what auto's will be up to these days. ^^

Point of the story & pic is: They are only getting better!

Potency/profile wise I must say that there is no difference between these and the f1's since they have been inbred excl.

Last edited: