What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how germinate seeds in paper towel

sajesak

I recently started my first grow and had trouble germinating my seeds. Fortunately, I bought extra. I also came to these forums for help. I had 100% success my 2nd try.

Start by soaking the seeds for 24hrs in a shot glass of water. The PH and EC don't matter. Put the shot glass in a dark place for 24hrs and don't bother checking on it. After 24hrs check to see that all seeds have sunk. If some have not, you may leave them for another 12hrs max.

Place these seeds on a wet paper towel. Fold the paper towel 1 or more times and place it in a zip lock bag with the bag open. Put the zip lock bag on a plate. Place the plate in a dark place and leave it for 24hrs. Don't bother checking it. After 24hrs carefully unfold the towel and check your seeds. You want to see root tails coking out from the seeds that are 1.5cm to 2cm long. If they aren't that long, fold the towel up and let it sit for another 24hrs in a dark place. By then all seeds should be ready to be planted.

At this point one of my seeds had a root tail 3cm long and leaves actually started to sprout. So I planted the other 3 seeds 1cm deep and the one seed with leaves I planted so that the leaves were just barely out of the soil. At this point I turned the light on. Witin a day all seeds had emerged from the soil.

You don't need lights to geinate seeds. They are needed as soon as the seed pops from the soil. It can't hurt to turn the light on for heat once they are in the soil though Shenzhen Anmay Paper Manufacture Co.Ltd..

I am not in cold weather, but I did put a heat pad under my plate while the seeds were in the paper towel. My heat pad is meant for muscle and bone injuries though. It only stays hot for 20 mins. I didn't bother to keep reheating it
My off sider is distressed because he can't buy the paper towel he has always had .( bought the last 50 rolls many years ago) So we got some from Office max to trial and now they don't stock that type . Wondering what you all use and were you buy it , product codes ? Top

Latest posts

Latest posts