What's new

How do you grow OG Kush for big yields?

Im going all organic, I dont have any experience with this strain. All i know is that its a low yielding strain. Can some1 show me how to grow OG kush for to make it have a decent yield??? I know I need to Veg, but what style of grow should I do? Can you post some info on ur old OG kush harvest so I can learn from it. I need some OG expertise to help me... :comfort:

osirica420

go with a veritical bulb in a DWC u will get the yields your looking for...

or like dude said above a bunch of small clones IMO a coco bed would do best for that...

reckon

when you have a "low yielding strain",...get another strain,......

when you have a "low potency strain", get a more potent strain,......

you can maximize your gardens efficiency, which will get you the most the plant CAN offer, but when dealing with genetic traits, your not going to alter the chromosome and DNA structure,....so just work on a different strain

years ago my brother was trying (very unsuccessfully) to get better yields from green crack (known low yielder), and he tried EVERYTHING: co2, more lights, more cooling, bigger pots, every kind of "bloom joose" booster you can think of,....what worked?

he went and got some AK-47,....................problem solved.

Occam's Razor: "entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily."
but I like newton's explanation better: "If all is equal and opposite, the simplest explanation is of the most truth." in other words: K.I.S.S. : "Keep It Simple Sam"

:smokeit:

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Longer veg period. Increase plant size in veg through length of veg time + multiple topping results
in larger plant = increased yield. Consideration: Larger plant going into flower will require proper light
penetration. What's the total amount of lumens that can be provided....you don't mention this.;)

Although yield can also be attributed to genetics, the following considerations CAN and WILL have a positive
effect on an otherwise low yielding variety: (to what degree depends on the skill level of the grower)

1. Amount of light (lumens)
2. Enviro conditions dialed in: a) temp; b) humidity; c) air exchange
3. Nutrients and additives
4. Proper PH at ALL times (wrong PH = nute lockout...among other problems ;) )
5. Length of veg time
6. Healthy & proliferate roots
6. Maintaining sanitary grow environment (pest free)

These are merely a few things that immediately comes to my mind.

Hope this is of some help to you.

DG

Im going to use either 2 400watt hps or 1000watt. not sure which is better. I have 1 400watt right now but looking into getting another set. any advice which is better?

also, im using just a really rich soil, no nutes needed for the full cycle, just water.

Temp... yikes... im thinking its going to be in the low/high 90s with just fans to cool it down... any cheap way to control temp? kinda on a budget, so any money saving way would be best. going to be run in a grow tent, 5x5x7

starting from clone but will veg it 2 weeks after that, should i veg longer?

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Im going to use either 2 400watt hps or 1000watt. not sure which is better. I have 1 400watt right now but looking into getting another set. any advice which is better?

also, im using just a really rich soil, no nutes needed for the full cycle, just water.

Temp... yikes... im thinking its going to be in the low/high 90s with just fans to cool it down... any cheap way to control temp? kinda on a budget, so any money saving way would be best. going to be run in a grow tent, 5x5x7

starting from clone but will veg it 2 weeks after that, should i veg longer?

400w CMH and 600w HPS would be my vote. 90s is pretty high... less wattage, better airflow, or AC would be your cooling options. Maybe a swamp chiller depending on your humidity but I don't know how much that would really help.

L

Lord Humungus

have you thought about double planting ie 2 plants per container????

check out how Crazy Composer (and Rezdog) grows his OG & ECSD...

some of the lankier strains (like OG, or even ECSD for that matter) have, in my experience, EXCELLED yeild-wise being double planted. It helps to create a bushier profile (you gotta top the plants!) with plants that are prone to throw some stick inbetween sights.

THIS IS THE WAY TO GO. 2 plants per pot = 150-175% yeild in the same space as a single plant in the same pot would produce.

AND 1000w WILL BLOW AWAY 2x400 each and every day of the week... (you ever seen a commercial rooom full of 400s? case closed)

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
have you thought about double planting ie 2 plants per container????

check out how Crazy Composer (and Rezdog) grows his OG & ECSD...

some of the lankier strains (like OG, or even ECSD for that matter) have, in my experience, EXCELLED yeild-wise being double planted. It helps to create a bushier profile (you gotta top the plants!) with plants that are prone to throw some stick inbetween sights.

THIS IS THE WAY TO GO. 2 plants per pot = 150-175% yeild in the same space as a single plant in the same pot would produce.

AND 1000w WILL BLOW AWAY 2x400 each and every day of the week... (you ever seen a commercial rooom full of 400s? case closed)

He's already got heat issues... a 1000w isn't going to help that.

L

Lord Humungus

i agree.... but 400w isnt going to help with the yeild problem though either....

and in a tent he's gonna need aircooling reflectors anyways.

maybe get lucky and find a good used A/C for cheap but regardless some $$$ gonna need to be spent to get the environment right or itll all be for not. 5000btu per 1k should do the trick.....

unless you enrich the air w CO2 - then the plants can take some more heat.
but again more $$$....

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Multiple points of light and heat + broader spectrum vs single point of light and heat, less spectrum... :dunno:

L

Lord Humungus

acquiring multiple reflecors ballasts and bulbs + the ac thats gonna be needed (the rooms already at 90 lit with a 400) already anyhow.... all that will cost more initally than the single 1k set up + ac and still produce less....

if you want to yeild big with og, double plant and throw some power over it.

400s are great for vegging (though i prefer t5s)

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
How can you compare watts per square foot with tropical solar intensity? I was just brushing up on the inverse-square law after seeing that chart, and it looks like the intensity of the radiation of the sun is 1370 watts per square meter (127~ watts per square foot.) So I guess the sun can be/is measured in watts per square foot, but that chart says tropical intensity is 50wpsf. :dunno:

A CMH, MH, and HPS of the same wattage will all give different lumens, lux, color temps, CRI, etc...

I am by no means saying closer isn't better, but I'm not sure that chart is a reliable reference. Do you know where it was originally posted?

reckon

personally I'd lose the tent,....THAT will help keep the temps down,...then maybe later on when you get some more coin, you can grab an inline fan for the lights and seal them up, and THEN you can break out the tent,.,...and maybe a small A/C unit

tents cause more problems for the new grower than they provide enhanced results (imo), unless you NEED the thing for stealth reasons, then I'd just not use it for now.

the big 1000W light will get you faster growth, and more yield, but will also make more heat, and cost more in electrical bills, so you have to decide that,...only you know your financial situation.

I have a small 6X4X8 grow space, but I run a big 1000W light, simply because all my utils are included in my rent, plus there is only one power meter for all 25 units in the building, so you can't tell WHO is using more than whoever,...so I went and got the most light the electrical would handle (thank god for a 20 amp breaker),...I have a 6" inline fan exhausting the heat from the light OUT of the room (yes the light is the intake, so I have to clean the fucking glass every week,..ughh), I have two 20" box fans blowing into the grow from each end....my temps are upper 70's low 80's, and about 45%-55% humidity

if I put that in a tent, I'd need to double the airflow, and completely enclose the light, drawing in outside air through the light, and exhausting out to keep the temps in the mid 80's, you'd have to run an A/C unit to get the temps lower than that.

so I think if you just don't run the tent for now, you'll have an easier time getting the environmental conditions down to a more productive level, without having to spend a bunch more money

Latest posts

Latest posts