What's new

How do you establish a safe address?

Jaymer

Back-9-Guerrilla☠
Veteran
Customs discovers what is in it...the DEA/local police follows it up...

I'm not trying to single you out at all 40AmpstoFreedom, I've been hearing this from a few people and quoted you real quick.

The role of an agent sorting through suspicious mail is that of verifying that what's being shipped is dealt with accordingly pertaining to any clearance lists that customs agent is required to decipher from.

What gives them the opportunity to follow anything if a package becomes seized property, I'm sure sending out notification gives them cover if anyone were to wanna sue them, but anything beyond that would be like entrapment considering the package stopped by them would have no possibility of ever being received if it weren't approved.

JKD

Veteran
Regarding the above post: As I wrote in an earlier message in this thread... Someone in my country WAS busted in this manner. Customs discovered seeds and sent LEO to the address on the envelope and hello their 250 plant grow was busted. This was in the paper as a joint operation between customs and the police. That is where I read it. Its rare but it can and does happen.

JKD

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
I just cant imagine leo raiding a place for 10 seeds. I'm all for rule #1....it's not that hard.

JKD

Veteran
I don't think they really care about the 10 seeds - I'm sure its more about having the intelligence to work out that if you are buying seeds you are probably also growing them out. Not rocket science.

JKD

i have packages sent to other people's addresses without their knowledge.

said people work 1st shift jobs and aren't home when mail is received...

get tracking #'s on all and any sensitive parcels coming in, and have sender WAIVE signature for delivery...

the package is now trackable, and will be left for you by the delivery man for you to retrieve before anyone else knows anything...

usps is the way to go, fuck ups and fedex...

have the package addressed to NO ONE that lives at the address, use a fictitious first name and match it with the same last initial that the address normally gets mail adressed to (ex. if sending package to "smith" residence, and john and judy live there.... use something like "jack s." )

what makes it a "safe address" is all the plausible deniability built into it... take the situation i just presented... the residents at that address have no real knowledge of you or the contents of your package, and the package was not even addressed to a real person.

this method has served me very well over the years, and i never had to have any special "talk" with any friends/family...

word to the wise, use some discretion when choosing your target house... it definately helps to know the person in case you miss the delivery or they somehow accept it for you and take it inside... also, you should steer clear of choosing a house where u know they have something to hide (ex. don't use the address of your scag dealing cousin...)

in closing, any sort of safey has both insulation and plausible deniability built in.... the more anyone knows, the more u break rule #1 "don't tell"

peas.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You really want a safe addy?

Look in the paper or craigslist for a room for rent or small apt that is a no background check & cash money kind of deal. Give an alias and don't tell anyone shit about yourself other than maybe "I just moved here from [insert some random distant city or state]", you might even wear a wig or some type of disguise if you really want to go all the way with it and play 007 for some extra fun. Do not take your car there for risk of someone getting your tag or at least a vehicle description, there could be a camera and so on and so forth. Park down the street and walk there or pay for a taxi, ride a bike, skateboard, or do cartwheels you get the idea.

Make sure you have access to the mailbox, order what you need with a m.o. and have sent to "Current Resident". After you are done just move out and say thank you very much I am moving back to [your distant city or state you named when moving in] and can't find any work here I am out of money no hard feelings. Total 100% stealth is not easy and it's not cheap but if it's important enough it can easily be done with simple planning. If you spent a months rent to get your beans safely it would be a wise investment and you would likely sleep better at night when all was said and done. You really can't put a pricetag on peace of mind and freedom if you live somewhere non med. Cheaper than a lawyer too.

A shorter version of this is having a non-grow site addy on your license, open a p.o. box at a private mail & package store (not the post office) and sign up for a bunch of different catalogs so you start getting lots of mail. Then once you have stuff rolling in, order what you need sent to something like "New Member" or "Loyal Cardholder" ect ect. It is not 100% safe but you have very good deniability and your license goes back to a non-grow addy so in the worst case you goto court on a misdemeanor seed charge and kindly inform the judge you are not named "New Member" and so on and so forth and you have no clue why you were sent hemp seeds. If they come through safely you don't need to be paranoid afterwards because they would not have let them come through in the first place if they had been detected. Once they are in your hand unopened then you are likely all good in the hood. :good: :canabis:

Do not take your car there for risk of someone getting your tag or at least a vehicle description, there could be a camera and so on and so forth. Park down the street and walk there or pay for a taxi, ride a bike, skateboard, or do cartwheels you get the idea.

yes, i forgot to mention that. don't drive right up to the place if the package in question is possibly illegal...

now, something like hydro equipment u can use an address and then pull right up to load it since it is legal by itself...

i have literally had $1500+ orders sent to addresses on street corners and left on step waiting for me... hahaha

mtbazz

In terms of a truly safe addy, I've never really had one. I have always used PO boxes, had the order shipped to said PO box using a variation of my name, enough of a misspelling that I can say "that clearly is not me", and always sent in my orders around major holidays where things have much less chance of getting snagged.

Oh, and I also never order more than 3-4 packs at any one time.

I do recall a few years back reading a news article about a physician whose grow got busted and the tipoff were his seed purchases, but the guy was literally buying seed packs by the dozens...looked for the article and couldnt find it, maybe someone recalls this case?

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep I read that one and the Doctor's bean orders kept getting snagged by customs and he kept re-ordering and using his personal credit card as well from what I recall = he was a dumbass. :canabis:

igrowone

Veteran
In terms of a truly safe addy, I've never really had one. I have always used PO boxes, had the order shipped to said PO box using a variation of my name, enough of a misspelling that I can say "that clearly is not me", and always sent in my orders around major holidays where things have much less chance of getting snagged.

Oh, and I also never order more than 3-4 packs at any one time.

I do recall a few years back reading a news article about a physician whose grow got busted and the tipoff were his seed purchases, but the guy was literally buying seed packs by the dozens...looked for the article and couldnt find it, maybe someone recalls this case?

i remember that case well, like soft420 says, he ordered and reordered a lot of seeds
part of the deal was he was in Indiana, take great care when you grown in Indiana(or order seeds) - not a MJ friendly state
at the time, it looked like he would be screwed in a very bad way
in the end, he was reprimanded(i think) from the state medical board for inappropriately prescribing MJ for his wife(who was using it for a very legitimate condition)
he got his ass out of Indiana and went to Nevada
he is a world class urologist, just the kind of riffraff you want to chase out of your state

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Probably was so used to dealing with fucked up dicks that he ignored the customs notices. :bigeye:

ghoggins

Is there any danger of ordering hydro equipment to your house? Nothing illegal - just lights, ferts, etc. And do shipping companies provide shipping records from hydro stores to LEOs?

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is there any danger of ordering hydro equipment to your house? Nothing illegal - just lights, ferts, etc. And do shipping companies provide shipping records from hydro stores to LEOs?

If you have to order from a company to your house and I think this is a big no no but sometimes people will break anyways...make sure the company you order from automatically double boxes, NEVER DROP SHIPS FROM MANUFACTURER, ships in a non hydro/grow related name (many companies now ship in names not related to where you ordered i.e. greners.com), and automatically does not require signature for any orders (or at least says you can ask to waive).

I recommend never doing this though ^ I had to a couple of years back for some insecticide...made sure to not repeat. In the words of a DEA agent "UPS and Fedex are our two biggest lead providers"

That quote came directly from a loosely related family member who married a Fed unfortunately. I no longer have anything to do with them anymore, but other family members do so I get fed tidbits every once in awhile cuz he likes to run his mouth about every bust.

I took him at his word and this is also why many companies now do what they always should have done, which is ship in different company names.

Be smart and stay free :ying:

ghoggins

Thanks bro. I don't have and friends who would be comfy with having that stuff delivered to their place, plus i want to stick with rule #1 - "Tell nobody." I'm going to have to get creative.

I wish they'd just legalize my medicine and i wouldnt have to worry about stuff like this.

robbiedublu

Go to the greyhound bus depot in your city. Find some down and out traveler who want's to make 20$. Take them and have them open the box for you with their ID. Get the key, take them back to the bus depot. Now you have a box you can use that is not registered in your name.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
My biggest worry is the envelope showing up in my small town post office, with customs tape all over it. People would talk. Somebody would tell her husband. Rental box in the nearby city is what I'm looking at now for peace of mind.

robbiedublu

Of course i'm talking about a private rental box. Not a US post office box and preferably not a mailboxes etc. box either. Just a small private place that rents po boxes. Lots of those kinds of places in my city.

Latest posts

Latest posts