What's new

How do you establish a safe address?

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I'll stand by my statement that anyone isn't scum.

Stand by anything you like but, know that you're wrong. There's only one reason for a "safe address", because there's danger involved. Anyone who puts others in the path of danger, incarceration, beating and death without full disclosure is a liar, a coward, a danger to us all and yes, scum.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by mean mr.mustard View Post
I'll stand by my statement that anyone isn't scum.
Stand by anything you like but, know that you're wrong. There's only one reason for a "safe address", because there's danger involved. Anyone who puts others in the path of danger, incarceration, beating and death without full disclosure is a liar, a coward, a danger to us all and yes, scum.

i have to agree freezerboy ...... using someones addy without telling them is all kinds of lowwwww !!!

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
You have certainly missed my point.. most likely on purpose.

There is more danger in your hatred than there is in a mailbox.

Ponder that for a while.

I've never been more embarassed for our race.

We're on a road to nowhere with an attitude like that.

Sure, I would like to know what's at risk on my end of an agreement... so where does that fit in with rule number 1??

Please reply without equating human life to scum.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A safe address keeps your grow from getting busted, not you from getting popped for having to take the blame if things went foul at the 'safer' address.

I wouldn't use someone without them knowing because it is all about respect. What if they have shit going on they would never tell you about either? Keep your problems, your problems.

I send stuff to an address of a blood relative who knows what is up and I could trust with my life. We would probably fight over who took the blame and both go to jail together lol. I also use old addresses I recently moved out of that I know are still unoccupied.

If you don't have that then get p.o. box and don't have anything leading to your grow address.

The idea is to not get your grow busted when you can just take a BS charge for some seeds or someone else take it for you that is willing.

S

Stray

totally agree FreezerBoy. :)

who knows who gets hold of an address down the line???

NO-ONE CAN BE TRUSTED..........LETS JUST GET THIS STRAIGHT.
It's not about the friendly police knocks at Gran's place it's the scum fucks that don't do the research on who lives there and ruin a life that does'nt deserve it...grow a pair and take your own fire or don't get involved in the process of SELF (cos it's all about your gain in the end) sufficiency.

Grønn

I use the address of a long time friend I trust completely. He's an upstanding law abiding citizen who has nothing illegal in his house and no links to anything illegal.

I would hope most people have at least one straight laced friend they trust enough to receive some beans for them. It's not even a crime really it's just some seeds.

And yes, you should tell them and prep them on what their story is going to be if there are any inquieries from the law. Something like "It must be a joke by one of my old college roommates, officer." or just feigning ignorance and surprise.

In return I smoke him out when we go on fishing trips, which is the only time he smokes weed. It's good to have friends :)

And also I don't really believe in the whole tell no one rule, just so that's said. In a perfect world, but most real lives are so involved that some people have to know. They don't have to know everything, but they got to know something.

Unless you're growing with a few cfls in a microgrow. Then the whole tell no one is a good rule. But as soon as it goes over a certain amount of work and a certain amount of cash then the people closest to you will become suspicious if not told, and that's a lot worse imo.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Stand by anything you like but, know that you're wrong. There's only one reason for a "safe address", because there's danger involved.

You conveniently ignored my reply.

The only "danger" I have my safe addy for is for my mail not getting lost.

Nowhere did OP state he is going to use his safe addy for illegal purposes.

All he did was asking a simple question you and some others have interpreted negativity into.

spunion

Make friends with somebody that lives in an MMJ state (assuming you live in the US) and have them mail you seeds.

I can just walk into a dispensery so easily and buy seeds. I mostly see Centennial seeds but have heard many carry Subcool and other more well known seed companies.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
A safe address keeps your grow from getting busted, not you from getting popped for having to take the blame if things went foul at the 'safer' address.

If you don't have that then get p.o. box and don't have anything leading to your grow address.

perfection....

ive had a po box, safe addy for years and years most of the time, i don't remember the addy of where i live!

absolutely everything that pertains to me, is sent to my safe addy, you CAN NOT link my name with where i live AT ALL!!!!!

but, when i got busted, they found a bill in my car with my addy n there, if i didn't have it, i would of not of got busted, that simple....

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
"Love, friendship and respect do not unite people as much as a common hatred for something."
- Anton Checkov

I'm still wondering what the advice is for those who want to obey rule number 1 and still not fall into the category of scum.

:dunno:

I'm asking the question for many more who would like to know a way over such an impossible hurdle?

For the record, if you're going to rate my posts as unhelpful don't just hide behind the anonimity... send me a neg rep point and a PM.

I'm more than happy to convert someone back to basic respect.... moreover I'm curious as to why it's lacking in the first place.

:wave:

S

Stray

It's hard to look into the eyes of a good buddy who's door's been kicked in,the neighbours are left to make up their own minds etc but hey at least you got your beans delivered...who's next? who's gonna take the weight?
safe addy's are a problem but they will always remain your problem and bringing others into the game,whilst it may be good now,may not be that way forever.

OP......can of worms here bro

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
To be honest I've never thought that the safe address was safe anyway.

FWIW Nothing I had sent to another was done without their knowledge... I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy that any noob will run into reading IC.... and perhaps hoping to clarify some things regarding it.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
picture.php

B

BigHerm

I'm still wondering what the advice is for those who want to obey rule number 1 and still not fall into the category of scum.

:dunno:

Read the thread again. Look for words like "P.O. Box" and "Fake I.D." Don't understand what's so confusing? Seems like you're just trying to derail the thread.

Also, no one is scum? What do we refer to Hitler as, a "meanie?"

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I don't see getting a fake ID and committing multiple felonies along with the PO box is any better than asking someone to receive it... but maybe rule number 1 is worth all the added hassle.

No one is scum. Hitler was a perfect representation of what happens when humans consider humans scum.

supermanlives

Veteran
if someone had something illegal sent to my house. they could expect an ass kicking. and a loss of atleast 15 percent of what they got . thats my minimum fee for middleman duties

Last edited:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Yes it's important to reiterate that "safe" means nothing is going down at that residence!!

I didn't mean to derail anything I'm just sick of the division and hatred.

Sorry for lack of apathy, please go on about your business. :D

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Being the recipient doesn't in itself imply complicity. IMO it's the closest thing to a safe addy you'll get, as long as the contents aren't disclosed.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
There's always the question of plausible deniability that could be used if the recipient didn't know, but the respect factor is everything to me.

Latest posts

Latest posts