What's new

How do you clean your pipe?

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
i dont !!! i smash it and buy a new one it takes about 3 months for me to clog a pipe since i mostly smoke out of my BONG

AbbieDoobie

I buy a bigass bag of pipe cleaners in the Wal-mart craft section. And then go to CVS and buy a bottle of 90% iso. I cut the pipe cleaners in half so I have twice as many. I clean the stem first and then the bowl. I take it to my garden hose and turn that sucker on full. You should see the water fly outta that pipe! Clean as a whistle.

~Abbie :joint:

X

xinsanewickedx

I let it sit in a bowl of alcohol for a couple hours to clean then i'll rinse it out and let it sit in a bowl of water for a couple hours

G

grasspass

Don't use brake cleaner or contact cleaner! If any is left in your pipe that stuff changes when burnt and is extremely bad for you . That's why on most of the cans of that stuff say don't let it get on tobacco or smoking material.

Does acetone or high % like 80-99% alcohol really work? My friend has a dirty ass beaker bong with little nooks and crannies and I'd like to see if it really just lifts the shit off.

It won't just lift it off, it has to dissolve it. The nooks and crannies will be helped by kosher salt or just plain salt as the salt work as an abrasive. Shake your bong or pipe with the alcohol and salt and it'll come clean.

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
i have a VB vape and it gets clogged quick, i have extra pieces and i soak in alchohol overnight then suck some of the alcho up into it and blow back into the jar about 3 or 4 times, then i run hot water through it, it beats the hell out of pulling the screen

Fafafooey

I wanted to clean my glass pipe and had no iso so I decided to try ammonia, remembering that my mother used to use it to clean glass. It worked pretty well. Its a small pipe so I just dipped q-tips in ammonia and swabbed it out. It loosened the resin right out. I dunno if I would mix salt with it; it might react somehow, but rice would probably be fine. And ammonia evaporates so there's no worry of residue. Well, almost no worry, it says on the bottle it contains a surfactant, but I rinsed it in water afterward anyway.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Acetone it's used in nail polish remover products. But most of this products contain perfumes and other additives. Pure acetone is what you need to use for cleaning.

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
just put a dishwasher brick(don't know the word) into the bong - hot water - wait 10 mins - hot water again - cold water!! and your bong will be like new!!! its sooo clean i would drink out of it!!!!!

love?

If the pipe isn't too dirty I just use hot water and baking soda. I let it soak for a while and then use a bottle brush or a pipe cleaner, the resin comes off real easy after the soak. If I've been lazy and the pipe is filthy I use 99% isopropanol (for big pieces I but in uncooked rice as an abrasive too).