What's new

How do I look?

grouchy

It was someone else that did it. No worries, I am only on these boards to help out anyways. Who cares about rep, it's all about actions.

lloyd

333333 if you do scrog I would be very interested to see your set up durring and after. I want to start to scrog. It looks very benificial making all the buds top buds is a good thing all on its own.. Good luck the next two are looking healthy as well.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Hell yeah, grouchy. Helping others is the cake, rep is merely sweet icing. Neg rep doesn't hurt, just lets ya know others are listening, lol.

333333, looking good. You'll get the size down next run. A 150 is a great lamp and you can get 3 ounces per turn easily with practice. 4 ounces isn't beyond the 150 capability and an expert grower might get close to a gram per watt. If ya get more than that, I'd like to be the first peep to shake your (green thumb) hand.:D

The fact you're growing with a 150 will limit your vertical potential. A 150 will penetrate about 12" unless the canopy is full. Trimming the low branches on a relatively tall plant will allow the tops to get fatter. I wouldn't trim after the first two weeks in flower, 3 weeks if it's a longer flowering sativa. Trimming the bottom at the wrong time can encourage stretch. If you're growing natural it could cause headroom headaches. I rarely LST and have never been motivated enough to SCROG. If and when my plants get too tall, I just tie em over with string or phone wire. They don't look as pretty but whatcha gonna do?

When transplanting, avoid over watering the new soil. A large veg plant won't get as stressed out in wet dirt but a small plant can experience what I refer to as water shock. When I transplant, the new soil is pre moistened only, not wet. If the root ball has inundated the small pot, it wont hurt to saturate it before transplanting into the (slightly moist) new soil. Due to lower moisture, roots will grow fast looking for more moisture. By the time the new soil needs water, the root system should be more established and won't freak out when you drench with the first real watering. Hope this helps.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
grouchy, same thing happened to me. I've got a green dot or three and what's this gray one? Must be negrep! I was wrong, lol. You're cool the way ya said it. I woulda probably over reacted and gave everybody a good laugh.

grouchy

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread there 333333. You're off getting medicated so you probably don't care anyways. Where were we?

Hella THC

You say you're using a GL40... small tent, but gets the job done. ow are you venting it? I assume you have a mini system with the ballast and the light built right into the hood? How is that working for you? I'm thinking of doing something similar.

Hell yeah, grouchy. Helping others is the cake, rep is merely sweet icing. Neg rep doesn't hurt, just lets ya know others are listening, lol.

333333, looking good. You'll get the size down next run. A 150 is a great lamp and you can get 3 ounces per turn easily with practice. 4 ounces isn't beyond the 150 capability and an expert grower might get close to a gram per watt. If ya get more than that, I'd like to be the first peep to shake your (green thumb) hand.:D

The fact you're growing with a 150 will limit your vertical potential. A 150 will penetrate about 12" unless the canopy is full. Trimming the low branches on a relatively tall plant will allow the tops to get fatter. I wouldn't trim after the first two weeks in flower, 3 weeks if it's a longer flowering sativa. Trimming the bottom at the wrong time can encourage stretch. If you're growing natural it could cause headroom headaches. I rarely LST and have never been motivated enough to SCROG. If and when my plants get too tall, I just tie em over with string or phone wire. They don't look as pretty but whatcha gonna do?

When transplanting, avoid over watering the new soil. A large veg plant won't get as stressed out in wet dirt but a small plant can experience what I refer to as water shock. When I transplant, the new soil is pre moistened only, not wet. If the root ball has inundated the small pot, it wont hurt to saturate it before transplanting into the (slightly moist) new soil. Due to lower moisture, roots will grow fast looking for more moisture. By the time the new soil needs water, the root system should be more established and won't freak out when you drench with the first real watering. Hope this helps.

thanks, for more good advice! sending everyone positive vibrations for all the knowledge!

sneakinman13

Veteran
nice grow 3's
i grew a supposid GrandDaddyPurple that looked real similar to that.
almost exact same fan leaves.
was pretty good cept i had to chop early due to security issues....

anyhow good luck. and ya i would def lst those babies. def will help medicate u for a longer period that way.

You say you're using a GL40... small tent, but gets the job done. ow are you venting it? I assume you have a mini system with the ballast and the light built right into the hood? How is that working for you? I'm thinking of doing something similar.

i use a couple of circular fans, one blowing up and through the light (sun system 150w, yes ballast built in), the second a small circular fan that fits right into the top exhaust vent. right now its working good, early in the summer i couldn't use it because of heat issues. if the ambient temperature was in the 80s, the tent would get way too hot (90s), i even tried a 4 inch inline fan. with the inline i had the exhaust ports on the bottom open and exhuast out the top vent with 4 inch ducting, the created good negative pressure but failed to keep it cool enough when hot outside. i am sure that i could have done something better but got lazy. so, part of the flowering was done under the 125w cfl. this might have contributed to the smaller buds. anyway, the weather is much cooler now and the temps inside the tent are in the 70s so my plant is much happier under the hps.

nice grow 3's
i grew a supposid GrandDaddyPurple that looked real similar to that.
almost exact same fan leaves.
was pretty good cept i had to chop early due to security issues....

anyhow good luck. and ya i would def lst those babies. def will help medicate u for a longer period that way.

thanks, just had some GDP! purple kush and GDP are phenotypical similar, i believe. somebody, please, correct me if i am wrong!