What's new

How do I get my Spidermites out for good?

deadbent666

Organocide works and can be used at any time. but you will never get rid of them 100% untill you break down and clean everything and replace what has to be with new. But that organocide shit does work and it's cheap. You can pick it up right at home depot. Hot shots work ok for long term but are to dangerous to leave around anywhere never where people live in.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
Triple Pack of Miticide on ebay. Avid, Forbid, and Floramite.
Use only in veg rotating every 3 weeks if needed

R

rjson

I had mite problems here and there for a few years. A rotation of floramite, avid and forbid keeps them away easily. I was just using floramite and created a race of super mites but now that I rotate it's all good. Azamax, hot shot no pest strips, etc... never worked for me at all.

Mr. Stinky

seriously, just spend the 25 bucks on ebay for a little bottle of forbid. it makes 8 gallons of the stuff and you just spray them before flower and no mites thru the whole flowering cycle. you can never be rid of mites permanently because they will ride right in on ur shirt and jeans from outside. spray everything once, then spray cuts as they are flipped to flower. no more mites ever :smokeit:

you guys rotating floramite, avid, and forbid are just wasting your money and time on floramite and avid. forbid kills everything and keeps killing for more than 8 weeks. also, floramite and avid have to be sprayed under the leaf, or u have to dunk the whole plant in the stuff. forbid is just misted across the canopy and its done for 2 months. there isnt a tolerance buildup with forbid either. it will kill them the same 10 years down the line as it does now

gmanwho

Veteran
Madrus, my idea of over applying floramite an BIFENTHRINE is that the combo Halts the reproductive cycle an kills living. When the high concentrations it tends to keep a film over the leaves.

when the missed spider mites hatch or return to feed, they have to bite thru this film an therfore get another dose of poison. they cannot feed without first ingesting more poison. they suck those cells dry on the leaf, then move to another area, BAM they get another dose.

The bifenthrine attacks the nervous system, yes its harsh, once the mite ingests a few feedings from that film. it CANNOT control its bodly functions, it sits there an twitches untill it dies.

Now when i say going back to mothers..... the reason is, by the time this plant is smoked, there is barley any original part of the plant that was treated left. Bifen has a a relitive short half life when exposed to oxygen. to humans its only really poisonous when its a liquid.

When you go from mother to clone to veg flower an final product. theres so much growth that the original leaves are gone, and its been most liekly atleast 100 or so days.

Dip them,can not stress that enough. works so much better then spraying. i wish i could put the percentages of how much plant you'll actually miss spraying verse dipping the whole plant. think about it..

BIFENTHRINE....!!!!! cheap an nails them. its actually pleasing to know they are twitching an cant eat when you watch them under a microscope.

3 years i battled with eveything, untill i did what i just preached. everytime i get a new cut i dip the cut now. over 1 year an no signs. an i run a good amount of plants. the smaller your setups the easier to get rid of them. take a few weeks off from flowering an hit them. small sacrifice to pay..

bwell an b-safe

gmanwho

Veteran
also, i used the same practice with just floramite, an it was a waste of time, when i added the bifenthrine there was NO RETURN MITES after the 2nd dip. The 2nd most important thing is the BIFEN DOES NOT KILL YOUR LEAVES like so many other products will.

Bwell.

HueJass

seriously, just spend the 25 bucks on ebay for a little bottle of forbid. it makes 8 gallons of the stuff and you just spray them before flower and no mites thru the whole flowering cycle. you can never be rid of mites permanently because they will ride right in on ur shirt and jeans from outside. spray everything once, then spray cuts as they are flipped to flower. no more mites ever :smokeit:

you guys rotating floramite, avid, and forbid are just wasting your money and time on floramite and avid. forbid kills everything and keeps killing for more than 8 weeks. also, floramite and avid have to be sprayed under the leaf, or u have to dunk the whole plant in the stuff. forbid is just misted across the canopy and its done for 2 months. there isnt a tolerance buildup with forbid either. it will kill them the same 10 years down the line as it does now

Good info. I have the forbid, avid, floramite combo from ebay and have yet to use them. I didn't know forbid had 8 week effectiveness. And, the "just spray the canopy" thing is appealing. I need to do some more research before I apply though.

Azamax and cold weather currently keep my crab situation in check. Humidity work wonders too.

Cannabis_Cowboy

+1 for the No-Pest strip. I just keep a watchful eye and hang the strips as soon as i see the first couple mites...leave it for a week or 2 then put em back into a plastic bag for later.

I havn't tried the forbid stuff that HueJass is talking about I think i might have to try it though