What's new

How did you come up with your nym (name) and avatar?

CharlesU Farley

because of this thread I need to go back to Soba Tabby

I used Social_Misfit because I thought Dequilo got burned here one time or another

Dequilo came from here “El Degüello” song from the Almo No Quarter

used from OverGrow almost every where
I'm so glad I've got a history of thread communication with you, so the change in avatar will present no problem at all for me to remember. Nyms I sometimes have a mental block for, unless I associate it with something specific in a post. I'm a visual kind of guy, so avatars I almost always remember.

And me remembering shit these days is rare! :LOL:

CharlesU Farley

Lets just say I've taken down three mirrors already because there was some old looking fucker staring back at me in them.
Fuck, I can't remember who originally posted this and it was just a couple of days ago! Talk about mirrors!!! I almost never send memes to the kids, this one I think I'm going to:
1000011294.jpg

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Mine is from the movie "Fletch". The main character is a newspaper reporter whose name is Irwin M. Fletcher. When the cops shake him down and ask for his full name, he tells them it's Fletch F. Fletch. The avatar is from the scene when he disguises himself as a Rollerskating Hippie Guru and sneaks right by the cops.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Mine is from the movie "Fletch". The main character is a newspaper reporter whose name is Irwin M. Fletcher. When the cops shake him down and ask for his full name, he tells them it's Fletch F. Fletch. The avatar is from the scene when he disguises himself as a Rollerskating Hippie Guru and sneaks right by the cops.
Have you seen "Fletch Lives"? TBoo ted Marshal hemorrhoid sufferer

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I expected really long hair.
Ha ha.....was gonna let my hair grow down to my azz when I got out of the Army. It got down to my shoulders and Mrs Pute made me quit my job as a staff announcer on the radio and that's when i first got into the car business selling cars.....there went the hair. I still have a full head i just keep it short now days because it it to much trouble long.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
My birth name was Glyndwr John Foster - but few people can say the name Glyndwr - because it has no vowels in it - its the name of a Welsh Prince from hundreds of years ago - that the English fucked over royally - I've been know as Gypsy Nirvana online since 25 years ago - so in 2004 I changed my name legally to Gypsy Nirvana - because was born in a caravan to travelling people - and have travelled this world far and wide - was always on the move internationally for decades -

Nirvana because its the Buddhist state of ultimate bliss - heaven on earth - in your own lifetime - and that's pretty cool - to strive to attain - almost made it there a few times -

I'm probably the only fella on here that's actually using his real name - 'cos I ain't got nadda to hide - and don't give a flying copulative event about any bloody coppers - feds or any alphabet agency bastards - they tried to get me already - and fucked up my life for 5 years - but didn't manage to extradite me to the USA in the end - they just backed off - and let me be - and know that I ain't the problem - they are -

Zeta Reticuli

Always sensed that i am not from this Helios systhem tough am was born here,thats why i taked name @Zeta Reticuli.

love music that is out of space,love to stalk UFOs and observe Universe,adore stars and exoplanets,from young age i was dream mostly on how to get some space ship and run away from this prison planet.

Then i found a Cannabis so i reconciled with a fact i didnt found any spaceship to roam all around a Cosmos.

Mine interests now here on Earth goes toward Cannabis growing,breeding,fishing,meeting some nice girls,
looking SF movies,reading books with old knowledge or adventurous ones like Jules Verne was write,
interested in soil,why some sorts are better and other are not so good,interested in beneficial
organismes and beneficial bacteries,interested in healing,living in present moment to avoid
suffering,abdication from ego and egoism,etc

Thats in short.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I started doing kung fu about 30 years ago and progressed to Tai Chi 25 years ago. It has been a big part of my life, a refuge in a crazy world, both meditation and exercise. I was born on a Black Friday, hence the 13.

My previous incarnation here was as "hard rain", named after the Bob Dylan song. I kind of regret deleting that account but went through a paranoid stage when I thought my security was compromised. Been here since 2008.

PadawanWarrior

I originally tried Young Grasshopper but it was taken so I did Padawan Warrior as a joke about being a newbie trying to learn. I'm not really a Star Wars nerd even though I did see the first one in theaters when I was probably 4 or 5. I changed my avatar to a Kiss band troll after someone called me and a few other guys a band of trolls. Then someone took my avatar and customized it without me asking. I thought it was cool of him and made it my new avatar. It's even got a Cal-Mag belt buckle, 😜.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
When I first came here in 2006 I had a different handle. Then took some time off and when I returned I couldn't remember my password but was happy to make a new account because someone found the old one.

I was sitting there one day signing up, trying to think of a good name and saw the mail man. I was expecting seeds (which took 1-2 months back then to arrive) so I took a break and went out to the box and sure enough there's my seeds. Yeehaw!
Went back inside and the TV was on, Lester Holt was on and I said hey Lester I got my beans. Dumb name but it works.
My avatar is Levon Helm from The Band. If you don't know Levon read the book This Wheel's on Fire. Excellent read!

CharlesU Farley

My birth name was Glyndwr John Foster - but few people can say the name Glyndwr - because it has no vowels in it - its the name of a Welsh Prince from hundreds of years ago - that the English fucked over royally - I've been know as Gypsy Nirvana online since 25 years ago - so in 2004 I changed my name legally to Gypsy Nirvana - because was born in a caravan to travelling people - and have travelled this world far and wide - was always on the move internationally for decades -

Nirvana because its the Buddhist state of ultimate bliss - heaven on earth - in your own lifetime - and that's pretty cool - to strive to attain - almost made it there a few times -

I'm probably the only fella on here that's actually using his real name - 'cos I ain't got nadda to hide - and don't give a flying copulative event about any bloody coppers - feds or any alphabet agency bastards - they tried to get me already - and fucked up my life for 5 years - but didn't manage to extradite me to the USA in the end - they just backed off - and let me be - and know that I ain't the problem - they are -
After the rendition style bullshit you put up with for _years_, if I was you, I would probably feel towards the US government like Denzel Washington's character said in Training Day...

"King Kong ain't got _shit_ on me!!!!" :mad:

Latest posts

Latest posts