What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How about that silver?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Buffy had silver, and sold it in the single digits. He hates gold. His speed is a railroad that hauls oil the most dangerous way, and then getting safe pipelines stopped. Croney capitalist he be.

St. Phatty

A Polite ICMag Bet ...

silver.gif - Click image for larger version  Name:	silver.gif Views:	16 Size:	15.9 KB ID:	17854854

Harvey Organ will Proudly Declare

that there will be "Outside Day Reversal" in his write-up of today's price action.

Unless of course that curve goes back down ...

And Harvey will write most of his column in All Caps

because that's what Harvey does.

Harvey is a pharmacist in Canada that is sort of like Rain Man for the Silver Markets.

As knowledgeable as Jeff Christian, Jim Rickards, etc.

'Boogieman'

Have you heard the more recent webcasts about "Copper more conductive than Silver" - or vice versa ?

They're both damn conductive, but it's real hard to find "1 ounce" laminate for circuit boards - where the metal is Silver.

I'm waiting for tin cans to fetch 10 cents a pound again.

I got about a ton.

I get to keep the scrap from my work. I often take in the tin because I don't want a bunch of waterheaters and galvanized pipes in my yard. I have 3 barrels of brass mostly old faucets and valves, and a barrel of copper I have been saving for years.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used to hold around 80 lbs. of silver. Now I have a few ounces. The only way silver explodes is if inflation goes nuts. It is nuts now but the covid thing may have driven that and it will settle down. With Biden the puppet potato in there, the economy might in fact get wrecked. Left wing puppet masters. Mr. Potato Head will do as instructed.

Silver stocks are ok in a good economy but during real terrible times they will fall with the rest imo. Actual silver will be better.

Have not made up my mind on Bitcoin but crypto seems to be a lasting currency and not a fad. If there was a super upgrade in computing power that would make the coins easier to produce. They have a limit of 21 million coins, but who is limiting that, will they hold to that? The system is un hackable. Seems others have said the same thing before they were hacked.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I used to hold around 80 lbs. of silver. Now I have a few ounces. The only way silver explodes is if inflation goes nuts. It is nuts now but the covid thing may have driven that and it will settle down. With Biden the puppet potato in there, the economy might in fact get wrecked. Left wing puppet masters. Mr. Potato Head will do as instructed.

Silver stocks are ok in a good economy but during real terrible times they will fall with the rest imo. Actual silver will be better.

Have not made up my mind on Bitcoin but crypto seems to be a lasting currency and not a fad. If there was a super upgrade in computing power that would make the coins easier to produce. They have a limit of 21 million coins, but who is limiting that, will they hold to that? The system is un hackable. Seems others have said the same thing before they were hacked.

That would be around 2 1/2 boxes of coins. Inflation has started to explode, and is pretty bad in things we need, not want. That was your insurance. I hope you got a good price, like in the 40's back in 2011.

If I had bought a lot of BTC, I would be trading it for gold at APMEX, while it still trades.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No argument with that ^^. I have other 'insurance'. I sold the silver after a few years I think, did not make that much. Gold does better than silver over a long period of time but who knows what the future will be. The government banned gold back in the thirties I think, they can do it again. Try to sell it and you get taxed how ever much they want or make it illegal to sell or hold.

Your ultimate insurance is land, water, ability to grow food. That can be confiscated too if things get too bad, or taken by gangs. Government gangs or the illegal gangs. A gun or two is nice but you will be outgunned at some point.

igrowone

Veteran
it was illegal to own gold bullion
but the gold was purchased by the government at the going rate of the time
so you got a fair price in dollars if you wanted it
that deteriorated over time due to inflation so redeeming later would have been a worse deal
stable government is the best deal

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Stable government while importing or allowing the bottom of the third world nations to come into the US really fast. hmmmm. I doubt it. Stable while endless stimulus, free food and rents, bail outs, flat interest rates, soon to be going negative? The poorest of the US are the fattest. You think such a system is going to last? I saw a woman recently that would hang out on the street everyday/all day for years while I worked a job on that street. Had not seen her for a few months as I quit that job. Still fat.

Gold was confiscated with paper money traded for it under threat of jail. Not sure how comforting that is for you, not at all for me.

igrowone

Veteran
when I say stable government, I'm just saying such a thing is desirable
economic Eden if you will
not saying how current governments rate in this respect

Green Squall

No need to be leary of Golden Eagle Coins. They are well known and reputable. I've personally used them for a couple years now.

St. Phatty

I would love to buy more Silver.

But I need to pay off about $10K in HELOC debt.

Might not hurt to pay off my Mortgage.

For me, Silver on Sale would be, below $18.50.

Has anybody looked at 2021 production costs for Silver ?

Which obviously vary from mine to mine.

Plus there is a lot of accounting involved because it is a secondary mine product, for almost everybody except a few Silver only mines.

St. Phatty

With all of this inflation, i am amazed that gold and silver have been flat all year.

Not a coincidence.

When the US says it has a Strong Dollar Policy, it means they "intervene" in international currency markets.

i.e. sell massive amounts of Paper Gold & Silver, often at odd hours when nobody is there to buy them.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
With all of this inflation, i am amazed that gold and silver have been flat all year.

Imagine bein a cotton farmer. Cotton is the same price it was 50years ago, but the cost of everything to grow it has skyrocketed. Corn, beans, wheat not much better.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I wish cannabis was worth what it was 50 years ago. Actually it is about the same price as the mexican bricks were, a few hundred a pound, except the money is worth less…

Amynamous

Imagine bein a cotton farmer. Cotton is the same price it was 50years ago, but the cost of everything to grow it has skyrocketed. Corn, beans, wheat not much better.

It’s probably because they grow too much of it.
Supply vs demand.
They should consider other crops. I have a couple of suggestions…if they live in a medical/rec state. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts