What's new

Hovz : Your Next Door Neighbor

K

khaleel

love the mix -- looks like i was way off on this being a first run lol my bad hovz- kick some ass. can't wait for the pics to come along, and congrats on the roots beautiful stuff :yes:

Hovz

love the mix -- looks like i was way off on this being a first run lol my bad hovz- kick some ass. can't wait for the pics to come along, and congrats on the roots beautiful stuff :yes:

Thanks man i'll defiantly make sure to keep this thread updated, right now i'm just waiting for my incompetent fedex driver to show up with my GL 120, all my orders have been made now its just the waiting game. I'll prolly throw those clones into some 16oz cups with just the plain lc's mix and get em into veg.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I noticed you said early on that you put cuts into perlite, which in my experience doesn't wick for shit. I'd try rockwool or oasis cubes and put them in a humidome for the first week or so, then start removing it for longer and longer periods. THat is, if your bubble cloner doesn't work out.

I f'in hate cloning!

Hovz

I noticed you said early on that you put cuts into perlite, which in my experience doesn't wick for shit. I'd try rockwool or oasis cubes and put them in a humidome for the first week or so, then start removing it for longer and longer periods. THat is, if your bubble cloner doesn't work out.

I f'in hate cloning!

Hey lazyman :wave: thanks for stopping by. Yeah i put some cuts into perlite and i also used rooting hormone which i read is a bad combo. So far so good with the bubble cloner, all i gotta do is fill it up with water and the roots keep coming. Thanks for the suggestions if i run into more cloning troubles i will give the cubes a try.

My growlab 120 just showed up :dance013: i still need to finish my flooring and then i will put the tent together.

Hey Hovz,

Nice grow you have going here.

I think you might need to stick with your original plan of having (2) 6" inline fans in your GL120. Never underestimate the heat of an HID. Maybe even stick a $20 el cheapo 4" inline booster fan for a nice intake on the bottom.

Good luck.

Ah I forgot to say have fun setting up your tent. It looks intimidating but it's really a lot easier than you might think lol.

Hovz

Ah I forgot to say have fun setting up your tent. It looks intimidating but it's really a lot easier than you might think lol.

Thanks, setting up the tent was quite easy, i actually like it so much i might get another one. But anyway i put down a sheet of 1/2 in plywood to start the flooring. I still need to get another sheet to finish, but it will work for right now. I also put up a 4x8 sheet of pegboard to hang tools on and to hide the tent behind. I've actually acquired a Easy cool 6 aircooled reflector with a brand new eye hortilux bulb so i think the one 6" inline rated for 440 cfm should be sufficient with just using passive intakes in the bottom of the tent. Thanks for stopping in and ill post pics later on when the light is hung.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:wave: Hovz

Things are looking good bro, hope you get that flowering room up soon for those newly rooted babes,
i'll watch from back here :D
cheers,
red.

Definitely would love some pics of the light setup when it is up and running.

I love pictures of a good, working ventilation system...obviously so I can steal them and tweak my grow tent that I just got lol.

:wave:

Hovz

:wave: Hovz

Things are looking good bro, hope you get that flowering room up soon for those newly rooted babes,
i'll watch from back here :D
cheers,
red.

Hey red :wave: I hope i get it up and running soon too for them, right now i'm just waiting on my orders to come in, then i will have everything to get my tent up and running at full capacity:)

I got a little done so i'll show you guys what i got goin on.

picture.php

Easy cool 6 light hung /w brand new 600 eye hortilux
picture.php

This is how i have my inline fan setup just resting on top, but its also supported by the roof cross bars. My plan is to hang the carbon filter with the straps that came with the grow lab from the roof cross bars and then suck through the filter then through the hood and out the top.
picture.php

And here is my veggies, the seven in the green cups are clones from the bubble cloner, and the four brown ones are from seed and they are Jorge’s Diamonds #1 feminized seeds.
picture.php

That's all i got for now, now i'm just waiting on my orders so i can hook everything up and get them into the tent. But i still have to finish the flooring and get new outlet receptacles and boxes. I think i'm going to throw up another sheet of peg board next to the other one so it's more concealed.

Last edited:
K

khaleel

I f'in hate cloning!

i used to have so much stress cloning.. then spent $3 on a rubber maid tote, $30 on an air pump and an air stone (you can go cheaper if want), and $15 on a submersible 10 gal aquarium heater. all available at target/walmart/kmart. the styrofoam insert and plugs you have to buy at a hydro store (Sunleaves Float and Grow -- just buy the insert, skip the white tray). duct tape a cheap shop light to the lid, and there you are:

some youngins

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

looks like this within a couple weeks, and absolutely NO maintenance or removing dome trays to breathe, etc. love this method.

picture.php

just a tip -- i know it saved me a bunch of headaches so passing it along. :smoke:

looking great Hovs -- how many cfm are you runnin with that fan? i think one should do it... be surprised at how much air a 240 cfm fan will move. almost sucked the insides out of my closet when i first hooked mine up. lol laters

Hovz

Thanks khaleel for the tip those clones look great. I have 2 x dual diaphragm GH air pumps that cost like 60 bucks each so i got plenty of air, I might have to try that method those roots look healthy.

My fan is around 440 cfms, but i also got a fan speed controller comming too and i got a day/night thermostat i could plug the fan into. Thanks for stoppin in.

Hovz

:tiphat: Hey hovz, will be taggin along for your show, good growluck to you!

:lurk:

Wassup Nug, thanks for stoppin by, Thanks for the luck, i hope i don't need it :biglaugh:

My orders came today, all my organic fertilizers and such. I'm excited for all my new toys. I got a temp/humidity unit with max and mix and a carbon filter, my ducting and 6" clamps. Maxicrop 1-0-4 soluble powder, i accidently ordered liquid karma twice :mad: but thats okay i will use it eventually. I still need to pickup some blackstrap molasses and some more peatmoss and get my soil mix on. I got a fan speed controller too so that will help control sound from the fan. Ill update with pics later on tonight, i got lots of work to get them ready for the clones.

I need something to mix soil in, i have a garbage can, but i might need more soil than that. Would a tarp layed out be a good surface for mixing? later.... Hovz

Last edited:
K

Kindman69

cheers Hovz :)
Way to hang in there, it can be ruff sometimes ;)
I would love to go organic as well, but I'm freaked out about all the bug problems that can arise, especially sice I'm in a cge (closed growing environment).
I'll follow your grow along if you don't mind mate.

Peace, Kind

Hovz

cheers Hovz :)
Way to hang in there, it can be ruff sometimes ;)
I would love to go organic as well, but I'm freaked out about all the bug problems that can arise, especially sice I'm in a cge (closed growing environment).
I'll follow your grow along if you don't mind mate.

Peace, Kind

Thanks for stopping by feel free to grab a seat, the show is about to begin. Later... Hovz

Hovz

Bump.. So heres the seven clones i plan on flowering in my gl120 first. I think i might do a little lst on them once they are their final 3 gallon bucket containers.

picture.php

And just for the record i cleaned the floor right after i took pics.

They are still under the 400w hps in my shitty veg cab. I need to get a new veg room as soon as possible.

I should be putting the clones into the growlab 120 by monday, i still gotta fix the wiring, carbon filter is hung already, i gotta clean the reflector. I'm thinking of making some kind of makeshift muffler to quiet the sound of my fan, if i do i will post pics. I have enough soil to get them into veg for a while, but i will mix up a new batch as soon as i pickup a bale of peatmoss and hopefully some chunkier perlite. I need to get some molasses still also. I'm hoping they take off once i throw them in the tent.

hazy

Veteran
Nice room build Hovs. Looks like you had a good plan and it's coming along perfectly.

Hovz

bubble cloners work best at 72 degrees keeps the slime down .looking good

Thanks for that bit of info, I've been wondering what to set my fish tank heater to, it has a adjustable knob, i need to get some new air stones, i think this will help my cloning a lot, right now I'm using makeshift tubing with holes poked in it

Hey hazy, thanks for coming by, I'm really liking growing in organic soil.

I think i will hit them with a nice veg tea once they are in the the tent. I will probably dilute it quite a bit though for the first watering. Later... Hovz

Latest posts

Latest posts