What's new

Hovz 600w Medical Perpetual Garden

Hovz

I water with nutes every time. Well, not true, I do occasionally use plain water.
With the GH maxi nutes that I was using, I had been using a smaller amount, trying to emulate head's version of the lucas formula. I started using only the bloom and maybe half a teaspoon per gallon. So cutting my dose down, I could use nutes every time without worrying about salt/nute concentration.

If i give them extra nutes, a few times, then I'll give them plain water. I know the pH is going down in the medium as nutes concentrate, and my high pH water counteracts that along with diluting the salts.

Bugs...? I used to have gnats like crazy. I never see them anymore. It was either the SM90 or the great salt killing field that was my grow a few months ago.

I think htgsupply is a good place for lights. the box was plain brown. I think the best though is http://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/ (imo).
They ship in a plain brown box, and the return address they use just sounds like an office supply store. They have all growing supplies including carbon filters. I use the OrganicAire carbon fiber filter. Some folks around here have said bad things about it, but I have no issues with it. I have 2 of the 4" ones and they work great. I have them hooked to 4" Vortex fans. I check outside for smells every time I'm out there, and nothing. Except for the other day, when I made some changes and didn't seal all the way around my vent hose where it exits the room. Smelled it. Went back in and got up on my veg shelf laying on my back so I could see the spot, and caulked it up. Now no smell.

I use mostly 1 gallon containers, but sometimes use those easter buckets as a hempy bucket. They do great.
I have several in 3 gallon pots right now, and they're getting huge. I'm going to flower in these. No bigger.

EDIT: After thinking aboutit, I'd suggest going with a regular carbon filter. Too many negative reporsts, I wouldn't want you to hate me if you wasted your money.
btw, you said you had stuff for a diy filter? Any progress?

Thanks for the feedback, i will be making a order for some lights and bulbs, carbon filter, maybe another fan. The plan is 1800 watts flowering (3 x 600w aircooled) and a 250w MH for veg, I think this will do me just fine. I will be using 3 gallon pots, with 50/50 coco/ perlite. I think i have one of those organic air filter. Does it look like a oversized k&N air filter?? well anyways idk if that thing works or what the deal is, but i also have read bad things. Anyways thanks for putting it in perspective for me about how the salt concentration lowers the ph and the high ph tap water counter acts, that reallys helps. I'm also thinking about ordering some seeds, just for a little side project. I really would like to order some quality genetics, considering dj shorts cocoa kush and or flo. I would like some blockhead or something like that, but to my knowledge that seed company is no more. Any suggestions on some good quality genetics, guaranteed to heavily medicate me?

My four plants in veg are comming along very well there about a foot tall. I think take some clones here soon and start vegging them under too. I need to make my order soon. Maybe this friday.

Hovz

Its been a couple weeks since i updated, just been busy i guess. Still vegging the 4 clones, they are starting to get pretty stout. I'll take some pictures if anyone is interested, i took some clones this morning, put about 15 into a bubble cloner, hope most of them survive. I Still have yet to make an order online for supplies, but im thinking about ordering from htgsupply the following
1x600watt electronic ballast
1x easy cool 6 hood
2x 600w growbright bulbs
1x can 33 carbon filter.
I believe it comes out to about $600.00, a wise investment if i may say so myself. I'm very excited to start playing with coco. Has anyone had any experience with flowering under 1000w MH bulbs, i have 2 x 1,000 MH's but they arn't in aircooled reflectors. I'm putting in another 20a circuit to the growspace, so maybe i can experiment with a 1k MH. Any input on flowering with non aircooled or vert MH's is appreciated. Stay tuned because pretty soon its gonna be nonstop flowering extravaganza. Peace

Hovz

Okay, this one goes out to the coco guys and gals who got your stuff dialed in. These plants are stressed, maybe in some kind of nutrient lockout and probably have some kind of ph problem aswell. Well everything was going great until I watered them with my hard tap water two waterings in a row without adjusting PH. I assumed they were yellowing because lack of nutrients so i mixed up lucas formula with my tapwater and the nutrients bring the ph down to about 6.3 I watered with the nutrient formula, and also transplanted them to bigger containers fearing they were rootbound. When i tested the runoff the ph was 7.1 and 1900 ppm is that very high? The new growth on top looks green but lots of leaves still look all yellow and sickly.
I've already smoked up all of my last harvest, which was very delicious.
picture.php

So i need some more and i need to increase my productivity.
picture.php

So here i am back with a brand new 600w hortilux bulb. Heres the four in the coco.
picture.php

View of canopy
picture.php

Last edited:

hazy

Veteran
hey how's that pH thing going? Pretty nice looking big bushes. You should end up with a lot of buds if you get those 5 gal buckets full of roots.

Hovz

Well i got the PH down to 6.4 and the ppm was 1300. Hopefully they are on the rebound, i guess only time will tell. I'm trying to find a foolproof way to grow some plants, i may try hempy buckets with 100% perlite. I have had good experience with DWC, maybe i should give that another go. Hopefully i can get this coco figured out, i really enjoy growing in it, and so do the roots .

hazy

Veteran
People run coco with pH from 5.5 to 6.5. Most probably stay low 5.8-6.2. I think 6.5 is probably good in coco.
btw: I think the pH/nutrient absorption charts floating around aren't quite right. Anyway, seems like with ppms that high you should not be having deficiencies, unless your pH was off. Sometimes this stuff is a real mystery. Coco really is kinda foolproof, as long as you don't get nute concentration. Twisted leaves mean back off the nutes a little. How they looking?

Hovz

They defiantly have ph problems, i think i can save them, if i flush and get rid of the lockout.