What's new

House & Garden.....lets chat!!!

C

chefro420

I just finished my run with H&G. The grow went smooth, nice growth and no deficiencies. But like you say there is much left to be desired in the final product.

My herb burns clean, but the taste, aroma and potency are lackluster. But this was true for me with GH also, I had very similar results with H&G.

When I used pure blend pro in amended soil years ago, my herbs always had great flavor and were super stoney. When I switched to coco and straight salt ferts, flavor and potency always took a hit, no matter what nutes I used. Salt ferts are useful for sure, but herbs grown in a majority of organic material are superior in final product quality IMHO.

:tiphat::ying:

Thanks for a reply that is constructive and helpful! Going back to what I used to run .

C

chefro420

for you guys getting the lack of flavor, my question for you is are u using the FULL line up (not most, not some, FULL)

just wondering, i've heard alot of people talk shit about HG but then come to find out they didnt use the full line

and im not saying you did anything wrong just curious, im on my first run with HG now using the full line with coco... they do have a certain line and schedule for a reason im just wondering if not using everything they offer and on their time line if it makes a difference

Full line following their schedules

F_T_P!

for you guys getting the lack of flavor, my question for you is are u using the FULL line up (not most, not some, FULL)

just wondering, i've heard alot of people talk shit about HG but then come to find out they didnt use the full line

and im not saying you did anything wrong just curious, im on my first run with HG now using the full line with coco... they do have a certain line and schedule for a reason im just wondering if not using everything they offer and on their time line if it makes a difference

also i dont know how high EC you guys are feeding your girls, i follow their timeline but i dont feed by their doses

so far I havent went above 1.4 ec, which is way less than even the normal recommendations i think i have been going with 7.5ml a and b and slightly less than recommended for additives as well

Not full line up, but that does not matter. I left out top booster and shooting powder because I do not like p/k boosters, they kill flavor and potency even more. I have my own seaweed blend I use so no Algen Extract either, but I used every other product.

I had excellent growth and my ppms never rose above 1000 @ .5 conversion. I custom blended the cocosA&B ratio so take that for what it is. Zero nute burn, flushed for a week, pest and mold free. Grown in environment that was 72-82F and 40-50%RH, Co2 supplemented.

I grew many strains in one gallon coco smart pots with a one week veg. My best yielding plant was 3.5 ounces, H&G worked great for me. Dried in 55%RH 70F for a week and cured.

Nugs are spongy and sticky, all around success IMHO, but their is much to be desired in flavor and potency as compared to PBP. H&G yields great and is a breeze to use.

I would not call an honest review "talking shit". You need TO expand your vocabulary, you sound ignorant.

and you sound like an idiot telling me to expand my vocab like you were my english teacher when you are missing words in your sentence

this is not elementary school, please grow up

anyhow thanks for the info, only reason i had asked about the full line was for my own reasons...

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
Interesting how this thread occasionally goes confrontational. This thread is for discussing H&G nutes, not bashing them nor each other. I admit I get a little snarky once in a while, but it's usually more in fun than not. Sarcasm is a specialty of mine and I often forget that the person on the receiving end can't see the expression on my face and realize I'm jabbing at them. In memory of Rodney Peat, 'cant we all just get along'.. If you don't like H&G, don't use it and go to the thread where your discussion is more productive to the topic at hand. (climbing down off soap box)

mgk :tiphat:

C

chefro420

So if I drop good $$$ on nutes. DO a few runs, with inferior results other then yield . I can't discuss this , to see if it's something I may have done? Or that others may have noticed a similar result? Just because it's not a good opinion?:blowbubbles:

F_T_P!

and you sound like an idiot telling me to expand my vocab like you were my english teacher when you are missing words in your sentence

this is not elementary school, please grow up

anyhow thanks for the info, only reason i had asked about the full line was for my own reasons...

I edited that out because it was not helpful to the discussion and my personal opinion, you got the jump on me. lol

Don't worry about it, it was not a jab, more like constructive criticism.

:comfort:

F_T_P!

For the record, Cotton Candy Kush tasted amazing still with the H&G and had some kick to it, so genetics do factor in as always. For commercial H&G is worth it, but I need more flavor and head for personal.

C

chefro420

For the record, Cotton Candy Kush tasted amazing still with the H&G and had some kick to it, so genetics do factor in as always. For commercial H&G is worth it, but I need more flavor and head for personal.

Exactly how I feel. They yield was amazing! Plants all look amazing and very vigorous. The taste and smell has been very good , just not great for me. Great for the cash cropper, but not so great for the heady boutique stash .

So which would you guys pick over H&G for over all best nutrient that you like to use or have used? Is it Pure Blend Pro your choosing as the best one that you liked? It seems I have always read/heard that H&G was superior in the flavor and potency department??

Cheers!
B

F_T_P!

So which would you guys pick over H&G for over all best nutrient that you like to use or have used? Is it Pure Blend Pro your choosing as the best one that you liked? It seems I have always read/heard that H&G was superior in the flavor and potency department??

Cheers!
B

I heard/read the same things also, which is why I tried H&G.

After running PBP/soil vs coco/any nutrient, PBP has a better finished product. When I switch back to soil I will need to run H&G Bio 1 soil vs. PBP to get a legit comparison.

F_T_P!

If I can get H&G growth and organic flavor with the Bio 1, I will be a happy camper.

Here is what H&G can do for you.
picture.php

CityKnightz

Just stumbled across this thread....

Just stumbled across this thread....

Been using House and Garden nutes for over a year now and wanted to see what some of you guys have experienced.... Over the years i've used the line ups from fox farms (soil, soil/coco blend), earth juice (soil), pure blend pro (soil, soil/coco blend, coco/perlite), and now the House and Garden in straight coco and perlite.

picture.php

After spending close to a grand on house and garden nutrients i'm starting to have some of the same complaints that others in the thread are having. Recently harvested my selected cut of Rez Double Strawberry Diesel. And tonight i'm gonna be chopping down my selected power cuts of FMS White Widow

Potency hasn't been an issue for me, actually producing some of the most potent buds ever with H&G. Yields have been good, but my yields from some of the other cheaper lines have been comparable I think. Biggest problem i'm having right now is this stuff has ALWAYS sucked for me during veg.

picture.php

My plants look good and healthy but I just don't seem to ever get explosive growth during the veg stage. Those are all cuttings that were cloned then vegged for a month under t5s, then translplanted into 2 gallon smartpots and placed under a 1000 watt digital MH with a brand new bulb for the past 2 weeks. Still waiting on them to give me that "push" that i'm used to after transplanting but it isn't really happening (nor has it ever with H&G).... THis has always led me to flowering plants thats haven't reached their proper size in Veg, which may explain why my yields aren't that much greater.
(By the way my overall best results have come from a ocean forest soil/coco/perlite/worm casting blend while fed fox farms nutrient line).

I also agree with others... Not very happy with the flavor that i've experience so far. Shit looks good, smells dank, resin galore:
picture.php
picture.php

But the taste of the finished product after a 7day dry leaves alot to be desired (especially for the price). Somehow my sample buds that are smoked after a 3day quick dry (not really even dry) taste great but once they dry enough to put in jars alot of the flavor is gone forever (drying at 45% rh). After seeing some of the results people are getting from using just Maxibloom ($15.99 at my local dro store) and tap water... I think I may go the K.I.S.S. route on my next run.

Hope this post doesn't instantly make me a troll...Just my experiences...:wave:

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
CK, I've been running H&G for the past 2 years and have had pretty good results. The shooting powder kinda scares me, so I don't use it any more. I seem to get great product without it and have burnt the shit out of a couple plants using it. I am planning on switching to another brand, not sure which yet, after I run out of a couple things in the H&G stuff. Probably will try Canna. I've had some strains come out killer using H&G and some not so, but I always accounted that to the genetics. I only had one strain that I did with both GH and H&G and it seemed to be about the same. That's part of the fun when you do this for a hobby rather than for a living, you can try different things along the way without too much ill result.

mgk :tiphat:

maxmurder

Veteran
cityknights- fwiw, i used h&g soil and additives for many runs (in dirt)and also always had probs running h&g in veg. a guy at humboldt wholesale told me that h&g nutes were designed for "euro" ninja grow stylie which is a very short veg and more plants packed in. so for us here working with small plant counts we need to make up for this. i went back old school and used 6-3-3 fish and a little calmag in roots and foliar. after transplant into bloom bed i went with h&g strong dose and did the fish/cmag once a week in a foliar for the first 3 weeks of bloom. hope this helps...

H

HerbToker

Wow can't believe I actually spent the time to give you advice in the ma/ct/ri thread... Lost cause, this dude just doesn't learn...

just for giggles Ive read that thread too and cross refrenced it to that post. seems like chefro insulted him 1st then rejected a apoligy (public) one and in a low class punk move brought it up again later in the thread only to insult.So what needs to be learned? That he should just sit by idle and not defend himself when provoked? I dont understand the self rightous attitudes you seem to share.Thats cool. I know The Bee Keeper in real life not e life. and he is a great guy who has hooked up alot of noobs like myself.and his weed is allways 1st rate.You younger kids need to follow your own advice.I know you all think your on top of the world,the best ever.Growin your own "weed" (really love those who make excuses for their use too sayin they need it as medicine)making cash, living large.and not ever even thinking for a second that it can all be over in a snap.Not a one of you knows a damn thing about these people you just randomly decide to gang up on and bully around.not a incling of who they are or what they do.yet you act like they owe you something.So think what ever you want the 3 of you TC, VADO, Chefro.I just say look in the mirror before you unfairly and without cause, judge another person.Shame on you.That being said BK I know your watching that post was kinda rude even if you were provoked you should know better.Sorry to get off topic.I never used pbp or h&g myself cant help.
Herb out