What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

House and Garden 2013 MEGATHREAD

Croptober

Just my 2 cents but I start with A wait 15 then add B then additives then ph. Never had a problem doing it like this but to each his own.

el6magiko

I remember their instructions said to do that, but it always made sense to me to adjust after adding everything.
it makes sense to me too but ive read somewhere that PHing after adding additives messes up something,i wrote to h&g again today because theres no answer from them and i am not from us to call them,so well see what they have to say.

At least wait a few hours to check, with ur water at room temp ideally.

Are these in coir? If so then, Water thru 20% runoff with just base nutes at 1.2ec at 5.8ph, n check runoff ph n ec. The leaves look to have interveinal chlorosis, tip claw, and nutrient burn. Ur base nutrients have everything u need, so its either ph, over fed, over/under watering. Check ur run off and adjust accordingly. Post the results n ask if u want some help.

i trully think is ph and iam getting insane because of this,i dont know what to do really,ill mix it today in old way and see at evening what is ph like and then ill go from there.

I ran all the additives except for the veg one. Always had some issue or another. Switched to just 1.2ec base nutes around 5.8ph and did very well. If anything, I used the late flower boosters by dropping the base to 1ec n adding .2ec of boosters. Id recommend at least trying a few plants this way vs any n all the additives u want, n see which turns out better.
it makes sense to me too but ive read somewhere that PHing after adding additives messes up something,i wrote to h&g again today because theres no answer from them and i am not from us to call them,so well see what they have to say.
i trully think is ph and iam getting insane because of this,i dont know what to do really,ill mix it today in old way and see at evening what is ph like and then ill go from there.ill also do that in next days,thanks.

Last edited:

el6magiko

OSA28, Deep6, Multizen, Amino treatment, Drip clean, Bud XL and Shooting powder.
thanks for answer crop http://sdhydroponics.com/resources/...wer-podcast-10-house-garden-nutrients-soil-ab. here is some q&a on mixing nutes,everywhere i look i come to same instructions but apparently people ph after adding everything and still have good results,now about my monitoring.i did like on instruction and after i added all my additives ph was not changed so it stayed 5.8,that was right away.then after 6 hours i checked again and ph was 6.1,then i checked after 22 hours and it was 6.9!so heres my thinking,if i ph and water right away my ph is ok,but if i do it few hours or even a day later i will need to readjust ph.so if my logic works i will mess up my solution anyways so it doesent matter when you ph because ill need to ph twice or more anyways.but now we come to a problem that this is a flawed system by h&g if you shouldn't ph after additives because you must if you dont use the batch right away,otherwise your ph is out of range.

Croptober

That's how I've done it since I started using them and friends do the same with no problems. Hope you find your solution!

el6magiko

That's how I've done it since I started using them and friends do the same with no problems. Hope you find your solution!

until someone from h&g answers me ill be doing it like they say and like you say both because like i said the day or two after i have to adjust ph and i cant take additives out:)thanks for answers and help all you guys.

I just recently switched over to H&G coco on my first day of flowering. Was using maxibloom previously no problem. Now my second week of flowering I am showing signs of nitrogen toxicity on my silver kush. I have a lot of clawing and downward canoeing going on now. I have to say I am not a big fan of these high nitrogen equal ratio a/b nutrients. I had the same problem with canna a/b and lowered my dosage and used pk to boost. For the cost of these nutrients so far they have been true garbage, and I may just switch back to maxibloom or 6/9.

Miraculous Meds

I just recently switched over to H&G coco on my first day of flowering. Was using maxibloom previously no problem. Now my second week of flowering I am showing signs of nitrogen toxicity on my silver kush. I have a lot of clawing and downward canoeing going on now. I have to say I am not a big fan of these high nitrogen equal ratio a/b nutrients. I had the same problem with canna a/b and lowered my dosage and used pk to boost. For the cost of these nutrients so far they have been true garbage, and I may just switch back to maxibloom or 6/9.

Try using 1 to 1.2ec of just the base nutes around 5.8ph. Should straighten out for u. If not, its probably n environmental or watering problem.

Thanks for the advice. I was using about 5ml a gallon so I will probably dial it back to 2.5ml and work my way up. My environment is pretty set right now. 75 degrees at canopy, 45%rh. I have been watering with very little to no run off using drip clean with every water at .6ml a gallon. I am not sure if this lead to my high nitrogen levels but I figured since blumats can do it well why couldn't my set up. Plus the drip clean is supposed to release salts. I don't have any nutes burn on my tips and my leaves are not very dark green but I do have the canoeing and leaf curl. The thing that sucks about my setup is I just dropped my tables to the floor to gain more head height and the plants are too big to move to the shower. If I could I would flush them through first and then restart at 2.5ml so I think I may just do a straight he'd watering with drip clean at 1ml a gallon and then start from there.

Last edited:

Hello
Ive been using H& G Bio 1 component in amended soil with great results. I use the entire line except the top shooter and shooting powder. I sometimes use General organics Bio Bud for a little booster. I came from using General organics line for the past 5 years and I can say with out a doubt the one part Bio1 component is awesome . The only additive I use a lot of other than the base is the Bud Xl all the other additives I hardly use because I start off with a very basic but very good soil
1 - 2.0 cb ft bag of happy frog
2 cups Alaskan humus
2 cubs ewc
1 cup dolomite lime
2 tablespoons of great white
You must add lime when using Bio 1 component

No feed for the first 2-3 weeks except for 1 ML per gal of Roots ex
One week of multyzym and amino treatment
then just Bio 1 component and Bud xl until flush. I sometimes add general organics Bio Bud in week 4-6 but its really not needed.
The roots ex is a little different than before but it still works good. Ive got some FulPower humic acid and running right now side by side.
As for H&G and there customer service "Allen" in Tahoe was way cool and very helpful when I made my switch. My plants have been nothing but healthy and perfect with smooth tasty smoke. Running some under tasty led's and platinums p600 with great results.
:tiphat:

NmLs37

Are you all using A&B in equal parts in flowering ? I got nitrogen toxicity for the first time in flowering (H&G Hydro), and since I was using Atami before and never faced this problem, I'm wondering if this is because of the A formula that might be too high in N. Any thoughts ?

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
OSA28, Deep6, Multizen, Amino treatment, Drip clean, Bud XL and Shooting powder.

Hey croptober have u noticed that ur plants have the consistnecy of celery since using the osa/28? my plants when i tried to super crop just exploded when i tried to bend a limb. it basically is like celery when u snap it my limbs do the same thing. i dont know if i over applied it or what is going on,but i never had this issue with armour si or protekt. i was using it at 0.5ml 2-3 times a week depending if we got rain or not.

Are you all using A&B in equal parts in flowering ? I got nitrogen toxicity for the first time in flowering (H&G Hydro), and since I was using Atami before and never faced this problem, I'm wondering if this is because of the A formula that might be too high in N. Any thoughts ?

Yes you want to always run the same parts of A & B
I did a few runs with aqua flakes in soil which worked awesome, I always like the directions say to mix A thoroughly then mix in the same amount of B, PH and add the rest.

Croptober

Hey croptober have u noticed that ur plants have the consistnecy of celery since using the osa/28? my plants when i tried to super crop just exploded when i tried to bend a limb. it basically is like celery when u snap it my limbs do the same thing. i dont know if i over applied it or what is going on,but i never had this issue with armour si or protekt. i was using it at 0.5ml 2-3 times a week depending if we got rain or not.

I have not noticed that. Could be strain dependent, some are more pliable than others imo.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Hey guys, chiming in since I run H&G (Cocos) in 50 lights of flowering rooms.

We use coco and perlite, bit just recently switched to Vermicrop Gold 80/20 hydroton/coco so we can feed more often. 2 gallon smartpots, flood and drain tables in veg, 2 gallon Ebb amd Flow buckets in flower. Tanks all are heated to 71*, aerated, and have Bluelab Monitors.

We largely use the nute schedule off the H&G website, with RO water. None of the Nitrogen booster is ever needed though.

We add AN Bud Ignitor for the last week of veg and the first 2 weeks of flower. Faster flower set and more flower sites. 10 ml per gallon.

Dont use drip clean, white vinegar at 10ml/gal works just as well and is tons cheaper, but we only use it with RO during flush.

Shooting powder is shit. Foxtails and nute burn like crazy, and your trimmers will hate you, and its stupid expensive. We use GH Koolbloom powder in its place, its much cheaper, doesn't cause burn or foxtailing. Ends up being half a cup of powder to a 100g reservoir.

We also have substituted GH RapidStart for Roots Excelurator Gold, and though the application rate is 5x higher, its about 7x cheaper, so still saves you money and had zero impact on babies and veg. Same/same.

Some strains (like OG and GSC) are lighter feeders, so you can back off the nutes by 10-15%. We run mostly SD, which gets up to 11ml per gallon of A and B for 1 week (week 5 i think), and never have tip or hair burn. We use all DE lights and change all tanks weekly, so we use a LOT of nutes and see differences quickly. I usually buy 5 20L sets of base nutes at a time.

We have tried lots of nutes, and lots of genetics and growing systems, but i think Bud XL, Koolbloom powder, and Bug Ignitor are the superstar products in my recipe. Nothing I've tried in 15 years works as well or consistently as any of them.

mackdx

We have tried lots of nutes, and lots of genetics and growing systems, but i think Bud XL,

What do you think the Bud XL is doing for you. I tried it for awhile when I was running H&G Cocos, didn't really notice any difference when I stopped using it. Not much info available as to what's in it and mode of operation

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I know ther are sugars and PK in it, but not sure what else. I tried a couple substitutes before, and my yield went down 40%. Back to Bud xl and voila, normal crops. Crazy.

Latest posts

Latest posts