What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

House and Garden 2013 MEGATHREAD

Dankstang

Anybody have a nute recipe for RDWC? Lots of people using coco, looking for some UC specific experiences.

I just got 5 gal jugs of aqua flakes...and wondering what rates and additives people are rockin.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Anybody have a nute recipe for RDWC? Lots of people using coco, looking for some UC specific experiences.

I just got 5 gal jugs of aqua flakes...and wondering what rates and additives people are rockin.

Follow the instructions, for UC, keep PPMs on the low side, and you'll be fine.

EL ROBUSTO

attachment.php
Try this DWC feed schedule from H&G. I'm coming up to the end of a grow using it. Working out just fine!!!!!!!:)

attachment.php

cannabis farmer

Just wanted to drop in and give my input on house and garden nutrients. Im growing in 100% coco (botanicare cocogro) and first time useing h&g nutes, becides shooting powder. Im running cocos a&b, roots excelerator, multizen, amino treatment, top booster, and shooting powder. And i got to say im beyond impressed, and will now only run h&g. Before h&g my previous runs I've used advanced nutrients full line, gh, and my last crop Humboldt nutrients natural line. And h&g is far suprior in my opinion.
Im like 25 days in bloom and currently i jhave no defiencies (knock on wood) so far, super fat stalks and awesome growth. I follow their nutrient calculator to the T and just adjusted the nutrient mix to the ec i want. In veg started out at .5 ec and by the ned of veg was at 1.0. Now im at 1.6 ec with no probelms whatsoever or no nute burn. I have a crop of 30 and i havent had to use any cal mag becides my white widow strain and chemdawg, but i be grow these before and feom my experience theirs super xcal mag hogs. I love how their cocos nutrients are formulated to have extra cal mag added so no need (for the most part) for cal mag additives.
All i know is whatever style of growing im going to run im always going to use h&g, period.

Here's a picture of a root mass from my incredable bulk strain i had to pull around week 2 of bloom due to hermie. And a picture of several plants from part of my crop at day 21. And my whole crop i only gave 3 weeks veg.

Attachments

• IMG_0748.jpg
    IMG_0748.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0756.jpg
    IMG_0756.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 16

merkaba

Switched up some nutrients and came back to House & Garden Aqua Flakes. Love it. I follow Pico's advice (with a few slight adjustments) and run A&B at 10ml-12ml a gallon with 5ml gallon CalMag, 1ml gallon Drip Clean, MOAB for bloom booster. Plants are rocking it! Ph is locked too.

Croptober

I remember someone asking me what my feed schedule looked like but I never posted it. Just made a new one that I'm gonna try this round, a few tweaks from the last one but I think this will be much better. The quality from last round.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Mad Lab

Anyone use Top booster in flower from week 2 - 5, in low doses, also reducing A and B slightly during the 2nd phase of flower?

Everyone said not to do it, urge that tricking the plant to finish early would result in fan leaves ceasing to store nitrogen and the flower would start draining them.

This was not the case. While i did pull the gorilla glue 4 down a week or so early, the nitrogen didn't leave my leaves until i pulled it out of the solution the last week of flower.

The results were buds similar to if one used a nasty PGR product such as phosoload etc.

Massive, stacked colas that were the biggest I've seen on this strain. Im not saying top booster has unnatural PGR's, just stating what happened.

el6magiko

hello guys i have one question if you dont mind.when i mix my nutes i do a then b then in check ph and fix it and then i add additives(it says so on house and garden site).now i read that additives change ph,so if i dont use all my mix in one watering and check ph next day is higher like 7,5.is it ok to bring ph back down again next day to 5,8? is that ok or am i messing ph?thanks

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I did a 1 run with the whole line. It worked, but then i switched to just maxi bloom with some additives mid n late flower and had better yields with same quality, and WAY easier/cheaper. My HG run was just exactly what they told me when i put my rez size in the nute calculator.
Since I found out gh was owned by monsanto now I wanna change, either jacks or veg+bloom, might even go back to canna, but Ive checked H&G off my list. I still use the drip clean tho!

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hello guys i have one question if you dont mind.when i mix my nutes i do a then b then in check ph and fix it and then i add additives(it says so on house and garden site).now i read that additives change ph,so if i dont use all my mix in one watering and check ph next day is higher like 7,5.is it ok to bring ph back down again next day to 5,8? is that ok or am i messing ph?thanks

Drain to waste?

What is your water pH and EC from the tap?

I haven't used supplements in while but don't recall that wide of a swing unless I was pHing too fast.

What does it read a few hours after mixing/pHing?

Miraculous Meds

When I was using h n g, my base would always test really low ph when I first mixed it in ro water. Id adjust the ph with up and the next day it would measure much higher than I adjusted too. I finally let the base sit for a day n then checked ph before attempting to adjust, and it was always right around a perfect 5.8ish.

So maybe let it sit for a day before checking and adjusting. U might me chasing ur tail with up and down, n not giving the mix enough time to stabilize. Ive used a lot of other nutrient brands that I could check within minutes n be accurate, but h n g always did this to me.

el6magiko

Drain to waste?

What is your water pH and EC from the tap?

I haven't used supplements in while but don't recall that wide of a swing unless I was pHing too fast.

What does it read a few hours after mixing/pHing?
yes its dtw,tap ph is 7.5 and ec is 0.5.i am phing like they say on their site,first A wait 15 min then B wait 15 min and then in ph,after that i add additives and dont ph anymore.last time i checked(dont have any solution right now)it was 7.5.but i must say it was a 1,5L bottle.

When I was using h n g, my base would always test really low ph when I first mixed it in ro water. Id adjust the ph with up and the next day it would measure much higher than I adjusted too. I finally let the base sit for a day n then checked ph before attempting to adjust, and it was always right around a perfect 5.8ish.

So maybe let it sit for a day before checking and adjusting. U might me chasing ur tail with up and down, n not giving the mix enough time to stabilize. Ive used a lot of other nutrient brands that I could check within minutes n be accurate, but h n g always did this to me.
so you think i should mix a day in advance?and so without additives?can i ask another question while i am here,if you look at photos bottom left plant has its tips curled down,any idea why?and do these leaves look healthy to you,they look a bit pale to me between veins?thanks for help guys.

Miraculous Meds

yes its dtw,tap ph is 7.5 and ec is 0.5.i am phing like they say on their site,first A wait 15 min then B wait 15 min and then in ph,after that i add additives and dont ph anymore.
I remember their instructions said to do that, but it always made sense to me to adjust after adding everything.

so you think i should mix a day in advance?and so without additives?can i ask another question while i am here,if you look at photos bottom left plant has its tips curled down,any idea why?and do these leaves look healthy to you,they look a bit pale to me between veins?thanks for help guys.<a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65716&pictureid=1588388" target="_blank">View Image <a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65716&pictureid=1588392" target="_blank">View Image <a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65716&pictureid=1588391" target="_blank">View Image
At least wait a few hours to check, with ur water at room temp ideally.

Are these in coir? If so then, Water thru 20% runoff with just base nutes at 1.2ec at 5.8ph, n check runoff ph n ec. The leaves look to have interveinal chlorosis, tip claw, and nutrient burn. Ur base nutrients have everything u need, so its either ph, over fed, over/under watering. Check ur run off and adjust accordingly. Post the results n ask if u want some help.

I ran all the additives except for the veg one. Always had some issue or another. Switched to just 1.2ec base nutes around 5.8ph and did very well. If anything, I used the late flower boosters by dropping the base to 1ec n adding .2ec of boosters. Id recommend at least trying a few plants this way vs any n all the additives u want, n see which turns out better.

Latest posts

Latest posts