What's new

Hours of light?

Perka

What results can u expect if u flower the af in 12/12?
Have normal plants also so I need 12/12

Thanx Peace

rebo

What results can u expect if u flower the af in 12/12?
Have normal plants also so I need 12/12

Thanx Peace

Why would you grow an AF in 12/12..?
From what I've read, your yield will be decreased.. why not just grow another non-auto strain? Some strains produce best at 18/6 and some at 20/4.. I have heard mixed reports on yields utilizing 24/0 lighting.

Rose56

Kirby,I don't think there is much difference between 20/4 and 24/7 light cycle.

Perka, it will decrease your yield if you can wait as long as you can before switching to 12/12

Kirby_Tokin

Yeah thats what ive read is the best, to give them a little rest and of course save electricity.. But mr mike said it was proven its better with 24/7, thats why im curious, how much will the yield increase? It should not be so difficult to answer if its proven..?

Kirby

C

curts1

So far I can say that 18/6 gives heavier buds than 12/12 -logical. But plants also need to rest so wouldn´t 24/0 be counterproductive? I´d think 20/4 would be close to optimal.

T

T.J

Why not try 22/2?

Then they still have some rest and you save alittle less on electricity. As far as the root growth goes, AF strains are usually grown in tight pots so then so much growth isnt needed really any way.

But haven't anyone tried 24/7 ? Or at least know a grow thread where it has been used?

Rose56

Hi, I use 24/7 lighting with my AF's. I really didn't notice a whole lot of difference between 24/7 and 20/4.

Oldmac

Hi, I use 24/7 lighting with my AF's. I really didn't notice a whole lot of difference between 24/7 and 20/4.

Hi there Rose56,

Could I ask you a quick question please? Where do you live?

Here on earth we experience a 24 hr day cycle, your light schedule seems to suggest you have a 31 hr day.

Latest posts

Latest posts