What's new

hot batch... a reamendment story.

Good to see this Coba...you're a bit ahead of me. I have a lot of the same ingredients as you in my compost pile right now. Sawdust, leaves, fish, chickenshit, coffee grounds etc. etc.

Feelin pretty confident on the char situation now as well. Great thread Coba, makes me feel more confident using sawdust as well.

B

bajangreen

Hi Coba whats up? you plant in that mix yet? the plants i had in mines are doing well btw. update! whats up with u?

Neo 420

Veteran
COBA!!!

I'm jealous!! You got some scenery going on there.. And I'm stuck outside the city..

Hey that looks great man... curious about the fish, obviously you got it pretty deep in there, but it took what, a couple weeks to break down? would the leaf litter be comparable to the tarp I keep on my pile?

Coba

Veteran
Hey that looks great man... curious about the fish, obviously you got it pretty deep in there, but it took what, a couple weeks to break down? would the leaf litter be comparable to the tarp I keep on my pile?

it took no time at all to brrreakdown duude.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah the most i did was toss a fish in my compost pile ~didnt take long for the tender fish parts to disappear but the bones were a long process

probably be pretty quick on that front if they were broke up small

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i borrowed 1 from some friends which they got from harbor freight

it was fairly lightweight and where it was supposed to be able to do branches up to a certain diameter/i m not so sure about that

i found i had to be careful about feeding it so it didnt get built up and then the blade would just spin in a 'relief' it made for itself within the unmoving mass. it was a little uncomfortable to clean it out~something about sticking your hand 'in there'

i would buy one because it does work for what i need even though it doesnt seem to be what it's billed as

John Deere

Veteran
Ever been to Fargo?

Fargo%20Wood%20Chipper.jpg

C

Carbon.Chains

Indeed!
I love these posts, the pictures and everything.
Very inspirational! Actually going to do something pretty similar just substituting a thing or two.

And thanks for the link to the calculator. :)