What's new

hoosierdaddy does hoosierhash

G

grumblez

dudes....parchment paper is the ticket! I also had a wrapper from a box of tea (right on!)....so that is my backup.

I think the parchment will be the bomb though....will need to try it...and will get back...I have a couple of girls coming down soon and a half full grocery bag full of sugar trim from my last 3...the question now is do I ice process the whole lot or do I dry sift and then ice?

-Grumz.

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
parchment paper is ideal.. especially for really sticky applications like making jelly hash

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey, Papulz. I am curious about the plate you have in your avatar. Is that one that you have purchased? Back in the late 70's I collected the insignias I got off all the hash plates I had purchased. Usually some arabic guys head with some obscure writings..I always assumes a trademark of sorts. Very interesting stuff.

Nickog

Does anyone have any idea what may be substituted for the cellophane from a pack of cigs?

Looking for a common household item or something of the ilk....non smoker here....(tobacco)

I am looking around my house scratching my head at the moment....

Buy a box of waxed paper at the grocery store. For about $2.00, you will be set for a long time!
It's with foil and plastic wrap.

Hi Hoosier,

I have used this method 2 now, I have been pleased with my end product but seem to be getting a fair bit if trim in my end product.
I have used a mixer and think this maybe this issue. If I mix with a large wooden spoon for 5 to 10 mins do you think this would be enough?

Thanks