What's new

hoosierdaddy does hoosierhash

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is how I wash trim for hash.
Any and all trim can be used. It is always best if the trim is fresh, and frozen just after chop.

I have a bag of buds that is quite frosty, but the taste of the herb is a bit less than desirable. I prefer to smoke buds over hash, and if I didn't have some very nice buds to smoke now, I would probably not wash down this sack. But I do, so I did...

First thing, get two bowls and run the water so it is nice and cold.

The bud is frozen, and I just break it up some.

Put the herb and some crushed ice in the bowl.
Different sized chunks works best, the larger ones can cause problems.

Add enough cold water to start mixing with an electric mixer.
You can substitute the mixer with a blender, but it tends to put more green in the finished product than the mixer does.
Mix it for a few minutes...add more chopped ice...mix some more.

Have a container ready and a tea strainer.
Pull out the larger ice chunks.

Keep putting the mix into the strainer, and washing it with cold water.
When you get it all washed, rinse the bowl and pour it in to.

The second bowl was to catch the washed trim. I wash this again, as there will always be more to get the second time. Third time is a waste.
Once you have all of the trim washed, put the container in the fridge for one hour. (30 min will work, but 1hr better)

Take the jug from the fridge very gently. DO NOT SWIRL IT.
Set it gently next to the sink.

There may be some veg matter floating that you can dab up with a kleenex.

Use a turkey baster and gently suck out the water.

Be very careful at the last inch, and take it down to about 1/4 inch of water.
Don't disturb the trics below.

OK, NOW swirl it a bit, but not much.
Carefully pour it out into a coffee filter. I like to put mine into a permanent filter to hold it up.

You can help the water drain a bit. Don't get anxious and tear the filter!
picture.php

Put it in a paper towel and press most of the moisture out.

Don't let it dry out, as it will be harder to remove the polm. Do it right away wet.

You can flex the filter and the trics will fall out onto a paper plate.

Let this dry completely before pressing it.
Wanna smoke some now? Go for it..but it will be much nicer tasting once it is heated a bit and pressed.

next installment...hoosierhash planks made easy!

Last edited:

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Very very nice!!! Ive seen variations on this method looks like a great way. Thanks for sharing and taking the time to show us. :joint:

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice bro,thanks for linkin this up in my thread ... so is it dry yet,or did you just make it today?
peace?

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just made it yesterday morning. It's dry now, but it will have to wait until tonight before I can press it out.

This is one of the last planks I made. It was full mature outdoor trim, and it made for some great black!

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey, Ape!
I really don't know what my ratio of return is, as I never weigh stuff.
And I will normally never wash down buds unless it has a taste issue or something. Normally just trim leaves. I do know that a grocery sack full of leaves will surprise you as to how much you can get from it.

Yeah, cornflake, this is a miniature Gumby Hash method. I actually had the Hawaiian guys in mind when I was deciding how to do my washes, and was too tight to buy bubble bags.

Prof, I am going to add the pics of the pressing. But, I have had some company at the house, and can't get a chance to press up what I have. Give me a day of so, and I will complete the thread.
Basically I pour dried polm into a cigarette cellophane, fold it, and press it with a hot iron into a neat little plank. I would wait for method though.....

HairlessCaveApe

hoosierdaddy said:
Hey, Ape! I do know that a grocery sack full of leaves will surprise you as to how much you can get from it.
Yea Brudda! I hear THAT! Very nice tek. I bet your windin up with bout a gram of Hash outta 10 grams of materials!

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Ill be waitin Hoosier, Ive heard many ways but not this one. I am an avid dry shift maker myself. So Ive got tons of kief lyin around and I want to make some nice black hash with it. Thanks for reply. :joint:

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Couple of g's of nice blonde kif into the cigarette cellophane.

Now get some newspaper and tear a small strip to wrap with.

Another strip of paper wet down nice.

Wrap it up!

Hot iron

Roll it out

Viola!

Two hits of that phucked me royal. I love the stuff from straight bud meat.
Hope y'all enjoy!

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Very cool and simple nice rolling pin LOL whatever works and I bet it works fucking "a" all right!

Barnt

Does it leave any ash if you burn it on a screen? That is one thing why I like turning my hash from my grinder into oil. I'm not sure how good the screen on my grinder is, but if I burn the kief on a screen, ash is left. I've done ISO oil before and it leaves much less residue left which makes me think it is cleaner and has less impurities.

C

Chamba

nice tutorial!.....you've got a good technique and this should be followed by those who want to try out ice water hash making before going "pro" and splashing out buying a set of Bubble bags.

who the phuck is Gumby??? lol..he didn't invent anything, yet when someone mentions blender hash, his name pops up???

Sam Skunkman found out about this basic technique in Holland and then advertised the ice water method in the 80's in High Times (send $10 for the recipe) ...I wonder if Gumby was even born then?