What's new

Honduras x Panama

tjmccoy

Veteran
How big is that pool, how much soil did you use, what are the black pipes doing, what is that device or metal box on the pool surface? What is SIP?

Hey Man! If you look back a page or 2 there’s a post showing the construction. It holds about 90 gal of soil, 35 gallons of water below that. SIP means sub-irrigated planter. The irrigation pipe is packed with soil and wicks the water up as the plants use it. Currently the plants are in a circle around vertical hid bulbs and mix of cmh and 1k hps. The box on the bottom is a box fan blowing up towards the bulb. It’s a strange setup I guess!

BuckeyeGreen

Thanks for he reply. That’s quite a set-up. Plants look very healthy so it appears like it’s working great. I‘ve done a SIP system before but I don’t believe at that time that is what it was called. It was called an Eathtainer and it worked great. I used to grow giant tomato plants outdoors in them!

tjmccoy

Veteran
Thanks for he reply. That’s quite a set-up. Plants look very healthy so it appears like it’s working great. I‘ve done a SIP system before but I don’t believe at that time that is what it was called. It was called an Eathtainer and it worked great. I used to grow giant tomato plants outdoors in them!

Watering wise it’s been going great. I broke my own golden rule that’s not to start seeds till my soil mix is done and fully “cooked”. A friend gave me a bucket of rabbit droppings and just the excitement I added to whole bucket, I let it compost till the heat was low but been struggling with too much nitrogen. Hind sight I should have just watered in as a tea. The plant health isn’t perfect but they are using up that N now and should have an abundance of energy for the last half of flower!

My plan is to run a soil test after this grow, reammend it and do a clone run of my favorites!

I also love growing tomatoes and lots of other crops at our farm! I’m so lucky to be able to grow plants for a living! It all started back in overgrow days and my work with mj plants started it all!

Have a great day!

BuckeyeGreen

Since I’ve retired, pretty much all I’ve done is grow plants. We bought a new property that had to be completely landscaped. I’ve learned more about shrubs, annual and perennial flowers, wildflowers, evergreens and trees in the last three years than in my entire life. I’ve really enjoyed it. Pretty hard work at times but worth it.

BuckeyeGreen

My Panama/Honduras fem. tied up and corralled.

Attachments

• F7114BBC-25FA-4A9C-8346-762077F1F133.jpeg
    F7114BBC-25FA-4A9C-8346-762077F1F133.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 82

BuckeyeGreen

After looking at that first photo I decided to lower the twine on the bamboo stakes and tie up everything in a new way. I had tied it up too high and tight. I was defeating my reason for all of the low stress training, topping and super cropping.
I did all of that training to keep the plant shorter and to open it up to more buds sites. By tying it up high and tight like I had done in the first photo, I was covering up a bunch of the inner bud sites. I’ve now tied it a much looser and open suspension bridge type of arrangement. Probably have adjust it again as it grows.

Attachments

• 96272CBC-5109-4EDA-9404-0110877CD6BF.jpeg
    96272CBC-5109-4EDA-9404-0110877CD6BF.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 63

BuckeyeGreen

If anybody else decides to grow this plant and you should, I would recommend 2 plants in a 4x4 tent. It’s a pretty plant with vigorous growth and I’ve had fun working with it.
They need space if grown in big pots. Next time I grow them they will be in, at the minimum, ten gallon pots, 15-20 probably ideal and Scrogged. I’d expect tremendous yield and quality growing with those methods.
She is currently in six gallons of organic soil and she may run out of juice after six or seven weeks of flower. That’s alright if that’s the case and I will amend them. If you want to take them all the way to the end in organic soil, go for a 15-20 gallon pot.

Cactus Squatter

If anybody else decides to grow this plant and you should, I would recommend 2 plants in a 4x4 tent. It’s a pretty plant with vigorous growth and I’ve had fun working with it.
They need space if grown in big pots. Next time I grow them they will be in, at the minimum, ten gallon pots, 15-20 probably ideal and Scrogged. I’d expect tremendous yield and quality growing with those methods.
She is currently in six gallons of organic soil and she may run out of juice after six or seven weeks of flower. That’s alright if that’s the case and I will amend them. If you want to take them all the way to the end in organic soil, go for a 15-20 gallon pot.
A beast for sure. When I ran my HonPan indoors she was in a 10 gallon pot. She took over most of the 4x4 tent and crowded everything else out, yielded somewhere around 14-15oz.
2 of them in 10 gallon pots done as a scrog would give you one hell of a canopy.

BuckeyeGreen

The only way to do two would be to train them really hard. I’m kind of re-thinking how I’m going to do my next grow. I have so many strains that I want to get to that I think I want to do more strains in smaller pots. I’ve got this big back-up of seeds and if I keep trying to grow big plants then it will take years to get to them. Life is too short. If I had a 10x10 grow tent I could do both but I’ve only got a 4x4
I think my next grow it will be quite a few strains in maybe two gallons pots. I’d love to grow Panama Honduras really huge but it would take up too much square footage and I really want to get to some of these other strains. I’m glad you told me how big yours got and the yield you got. That info. helped me decide to go a different route for my next grow.
I think the plant I’m growing now will yield well so I’ll have plenty to smoke for quite awhile.

Cactus Squatter

The only way to do two would be to train them really hard. I’m kind of re-thinking how I’m going to do my next grow. I have so many strains that I want to get to that I think I want to do more strains in smaller pots. I’ve got this big back-up of seeds and if I keep trying to grow big plants then it will take years to get to them. Life is too short. If I had a 10x10 grow tent I could do both but I’ve only got a 4x4
I think my next grow it will be quite a few strains in maybe two gallons pots. I’d love to grow Panama Honduras really huge but it would take up too much square footage and I really want to get to some of these other strains. I’m glad you told me how big yours got and the yield you got. That info. helped me decide to go a different route for my next grow.
I think the plant I’m growing now will yield well so I’ll have plenty to smoke for quite awhile.
Similar problem here. 😂
I now spread some of my seed stash around to friends to grow. We keep cuttings from everything in case one is an absolute banger and share the harvest around the group.

Cactus Squatter

I admire your community. Where I live growing at all is very frowned upon. Very conservative. Gotta keep it real quiet.
It’s nothing like I wish it was unfortunately. Just a couple of us that manage not to kill everything and can help the others along.

We actually live in a fairly conservative area but once it was legalized here most of the stress went away. I definitely remember how it was back in the day pre legalization here. Don’t miss that at all.

BuckeyeGreen

The anti-marijuana attitude is really oppressive. You can’t openly enjoy it. I have to smoke outside and I’m concerned that a neighbor will smell it and call the police. I’ve been smoking since 1974 and this anti-marijuana attitude and the scheduling of this drug has been oppressive my whole life. That shit has become so old. I’m really sick of this backward shit. Waiting for things to change for nearly 50 years has worn down my patience.
I’d love to sit on my front porch, puff away and not worry about a thing. I’m getting older and I’d love for it to be legal so I can enjoy it freely before I kick the bucket.

BuckeyeGreen

It’s nothing like I wish it was unfortunately. Just a couple of us that manage not to kill everything and can help the others along.

We actually live in a fairly conservative area but once it was legalized here most of the stress went away. I definitely remember how it was back in the day pre legalization here. Don’t miss that at all.
There is a big difference between fairly conservative and VERY conservative. I live in a VERY conservative area. Gotta play the hand your dealt. I’m as quiet as a church mouse about my growing. NO HABLO 🙉🙈🙊

johnnylawrence

The Hon x Pan and Mango Haze are all dried and have been curing for about two weeks or so. I let the Hon x Pan go for about 6 days longer (about 82 days total vs. 76 days for the Mango Haze). It was very very close as far as the yields.... 123 grams for the Hon x Pan and 117 grams for the Mango Haze. I tried to pick some representative sample buds for a photo. The top two buds are Hon x Pan, and the bottom two are Mango Haze.
honxpan mango haze.JPG

I'm doing a seed run now with some Mango Haze x C99 pollen. Here is a smaller Hon x Pan that has been pollinated. I think it has the potential to be a very nice cross. The C99 contributes heavy resin/crystals, more density, and is equally vigorous. I tried a few times to start some old Mango Haze seeds to get a male, but they no longer seem viable, so Mango Haze x C99 pollen it is. I also pollinated a pure Panama female with Mango Haze x C99 pollen. It should be interesting to compare the differences in the offspring. I'll try to post some photos in the Ace Hybrids thread in about four months. Unfortunately, I grow on a small scale (just as a hobby) and won't be able to run a lot of plants at once. I have recently acquired some regular Hon x Pan seeds and plan to eventually cross a male to the Mango Haze to create a Mango Haze x Hon Pan cross with no C99 in the mix, but not this seed run.

This Hon x Pan plant definitely stayed small in a 2 gallon container. Maybe it's just my pheno, but the Hon x Pan seems to use a lot more water and prefers a larger pot than typical 'indoor' varieties. At least a 5 gallon pot seems to work best with these, in my opinion.
View attachment honxpan seeded_1.JPG

BuckeyeGreen

The Hon x Pan and Mango Haze are all dried and have been curing for about two weeks or so. I let the Hon x Pan go for about 6 days longer (about 82 days total vs. 76 days for the Mango Haze). It was very very close as far as the yields.... 123 grams for the Hon x Pan and 117 grams for the Mango Haze. I tried to pick some representative sample buds for a photo. The top two buds are Hon x Pan, and the bottom two are Mango Haze.
View attachment 18804620
I'm doing a seed run now with some Mango Haze x C99 pollen. Here is a smaller Hon x Pan that has been pollinated. I think it has the potential to be a very nice cross. The C99 contributes heavy resin/crystals, more density, and is equally vigorous. I tried a few times to start some old Mango Haze seeds to get a male, but they no longer seem viable, so Mango Haze x C99 pollen it is. I also pollinated a pure Panama female with Mango Haze x C99 pollen. It should be interesting to compare the differences in the offspring. I'll try to post some photos in the Ace Hybrids thread in about four months. Unfortunately, I grow on a small scale (just as a hobby) and won't be able to run a lot of plants at once. I have recently acquired some regular Hon x Pan seeds and plan to eventually cross a male to the Mango Haze to create a Mango Haze x Hon Pan cross with no C99 in the mix, but not this seed run.

This Hon x Pan plant definitely stayed small in a 2 gallon container. Maybe it's just my pheno, but the Hon x Pan seems to use a lot more water and prefers a larger pot than typical 'indoor' varieties. At least a 5 gallon pot seems to work best with these, in my opinion.
View attachment 18804621
127 grams from a 2 gallon pot is a great yield but knowing how vigorously it grows I can imagine it needing water all the time in a 2 gallon pot. I’m growing one now in a 6 gallon pot and I don’t think that is nearly large enough. Another member posted recently here that he had one in a ten gallon pot and ended up with about 425 grams.
The Hon/Pan is such a vigorous grower and high yielder. I would think that in a 15 gallon pot and Scrogged you could easily yield 1.5 pounds. You would need to use the whole 4x4 tent to do it. Give it a big light, good food, plenty of space and you will have monster yielder.

Stoneroller

I harvested 233 grams from two plants in 20 gallon pot (organic living soil, with little or no use of liquid organic fertilizers), in 2x4 tent and with a cheap chinese 240w quantum board, with one month veg. It is not huge yield compared to the above mentioned, but it is still the biggest yield so far i have gotten in that space ever. And with a great proper bud to lower growth fluff ratio, virtually everything was astonishing quality. With longer veg and bigger space & light i can see the yields could be gigantic from this strain.

BuckeyeGreen

I harvested 233 grams from two plants in 20 gallon pot (organic living soil, with little or no use of liquid organic fertilizers), in 2x4 tent and with a cheap chinese 240w quantum board, with one month veg. It is not huge yield compared to the above mentioned, but it is still the biggest yield so far i have gotten in that space ever. And with a great proper bud to lower growth fluff ratio, virtually everything was astonishing quality. With longer veg and bigger space & light i can see the yields could be gigantic from this strain.
Great yield for your set-up. 233 grams is a tremendous result in a 2x4 with a small light. Great job. The potential yield for this strain is through the roof. I can imagine a guy who is a great hydro. farmer with a great light and plenty of space would get it to blow up.

Latest posts

Latest posts