What's new

Homemade Vertical POTRACKS 6kw

Dreamscape

Hey koot :wave:

if you were to do it with 600's , how do you think running 4 in the 8' tall RACK would work out ??

1 bulb for every 24" ??

Also I was wondering ... I noticed you mentioned that you finish in 2 gallon pots.

Do you veg your clones in 16oz cups or 1 gallon pots for 3-4 weeks and then pot up to the 2 gallon pots ??

Do you transplant during flower or just before flower ??

anything helps :)

thanks as always
~ dream

sns_stealth

Damn it. Everytime I think I have everything worked out for my next grow I run into someone like you man! These are like vertical SOGs, such an efficient use of space! Now I have some thinking to do ...

:yeahthats inspirational man. im already running near that for lights doing standard floor grow and not gettin near what you are. looks alot simpler to water to me. I was thinking for your metal ones, if theyll support it, you could a simple hinge about two-thirds of the way up on the outside of the shelf (one on each side). run a bar from each hinge to the floor. connect them together with a bar at the bottom, maybe cross-brace if needed. Then when you feed you just lean straight back on this with a chain attached at the bottom so it wont go too far back. I think I saw it on something completely unrelated but same principal.

lol... kinda like this...

l...l
l\ /l
l/ \l
l__l

uhm...i guess one brace moved around to each one would be about the same
thing...lol. oh well, thanks for showing this off, cant wait to start building my own...wont be too long for sure. the yield numbers make it rather necessary.

:joint:

Kootenay

Dreamscape - Yes four 600s would work fine and five would work even better! I veg in 1 gallon pots for just over a month sometimes 6 weeks depending on the strain. I transplant before i flower them maybe a day or 2 before.

Greenthumb2 - yeah you can use any plant number you want as long as the pots fit.

SNS stealth - Your idea will work. Iam building new prototype this week but i will keep to my K.I.S.S. method. I just want it very simple so anyone can duplicate it rather easily.

Peace
Koot.

dmt

Veteran
yo koots, if you need a 2 ouncer, why not "island" sweet skunk? lol hey man, just jokin. wow im very impressed. hand watering might be a pain, but its practical and you can feed the big and smaller ladies as needed. i do a vscrog, with pretty much the same results under optimal conditions, but with trees in top feed buckets. who knew we had something in common aside from geneology haha. definitly gona keep my eye on this and any other informative production yer posting my bc brotha, peace, d

ChiHealthAlt

This is absolutely the coolest thing I've ever seen in my life (and I've seen some cool stuff). I would probably sleep in the middle of the setup if I could. It looks like the world's most awesome dream catcher : )

Thanks for all the info in this thread and sharing, so generously, photos and the knowledge gained by conducting this vertical experiment. Also the discussion in the last 150 posts is invaluable. Namaste to Kootenay and everyone else. :)

mikeross

I think I am going to make the leap into vertical growing. After reading this journal along with a 6k 8x16' setup I am sold on vertical, just need to do a little research.

Looking forward to more updates and a DIY if you ever have the time.

So these stands are 8' tall by 24" wide and you run 8 of them around 3k worth of lighting? I guess you just move one of the 8 stands back to enter the area or do you water from the back of the shelves.

thanks again for any insight you can give... peace

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Koot...This is something else. I like it. :)

So many vert setups but this one looks like the most efficient if plant numbers are not a concern. Looks beautiful.

reddy1

ICMag Donor
so cool man. i would love to do something similar, though no way would i do this without something collecting the drainage, could be a huge mess. also that's a lot of plants and i'm doing coco so no way would i handwater that many daily. a design like that built but for trees would be cool, maybe 18-20 plants in 5 gallon buckets with a bucket underneath rigged with 1/2" drain tube.

LokiBC

Hey Kootenay, I built a system based on your design. Some changes, but basically very similar to your racks. It's working great, but I'm getting a lot of herms. I have Green Crack (BC version), and OG Kush in the racks at the moment. I've been growing these strains for a while now, and I notice occasional herms, but not on the scale I've seen here. The only difference I've noted is that the pots, and therefore the soil get much warmer than they do in a flat garden (no, I don't have any significant "light leaks", which I've never believed were a cause of hermies anyway). I'm pretty sure the roots aren't too happy with this situation, so I'm tacking black/white poly in front of them for the next grow.

Have you noticed any increased tendency to herm like this in your system? Or has anybody else here that may have a similar setup noticed this?

D

DHF

Loki.....Koot`s not been around for a solid yr.......Not sure what size containers you`re using , but it sounds like they`re drying out too fast between feeds , cuz rootzones actually like warmer temps and explode with growth once dialed.....especially in dirt........

You can use bigger containers , or keep the smaller one`s fed/watered more frequently to prevent the environmental stress that`s MOST certainly causing the extra herms/nanners.........

Good luck...DHF......:ying:......