What's new

Homemade Vertical POTRACKS 6kw

Hi Koot,
Do you veg them somewhere else, or in the racks?
How tall and bushy are they when you start flowering?
Uhh... there was something else, can't remember right now.

Anyway, as strains go, have a look at K.O. Kush. I don't think I'm allowed to mention the breeder here. Just google it. It's fucking tits. Vertical perfection. And 10 weeks? Try eight. My pal (vertical mentor) has a 7 week phenotype.
Still can't remeber that other thing.
Spanishwilly

Kootenay

Spanishwilly - i do have a separate veg room with 4000 watts of MH. Alot of the time i just run 2000 watts on a light rail though. I usually flip the Champagne at 18-20" and the are about 10" wide. I will check out the KO KUsh Sounds interesting for sure.

Thanks alot.

peace
Koot.

Kootenay

Hey Buddah hows it going?

Thanks for stopping in Bocil...i hope everything is going well for you my friend.

Peace
Koot.

I am in the process of trying to build these with light weight thin wall steel. I dont have much time to work on it but i think i should have them finished in a few months.

Peace
Koot.
As you're a handy guy, I'll try to describe to you what I'm envisioning.

Take that lightweight, perforated steel angle stock (Dexion in Europe), which looks like Meccano. Bolt together some ladder-shaped units of eight feet tall say, and whatever width you like, perhaps just wide enough to hold one pot of your choice. Suspend these from above on two chains each, around your lights in an octagon or whatever polygon you like. Perhaps suspend a couple of your units from a strong rail so they could easily be slid back for access.
Then hang your pots all the way down your "ladders" from each cross member, probably on some sort of hook. They'd naturally fall to whatever angle you wanted depending on where you "hooked" em'.
Uhh, a plastic dish pan under each ladder to catch run-off, or something more sophisticated and automated. That's all I've got.
What do you think?

mg75

hanging the lights

hanging the lights

can someone tell me what is used to hang the lights on the chains? what is the socket hooked up to? where can i purchase it?

thanks.

Kootenay

Mg75 - i just drilled 2 holes in each side of the octogon receptacle box and then used Eye bolts in the new holes. You can buy them at any hardware store for around a dollar for 2 eye bolts and 4 nuts.

Spanish willy - i think your idea would work very well in my opinion. I used wood for the prototype because of cost but now iam postive this system works very well.

Peace
Koot.

Dreamscape

Concerning the K.O. Kush ... I just randomly threw out a question in another thread asking "what do you guys think about the K.O. kush ??"

and this was the only response I got
Dreamer, I have K.O. Kush in my stable. Very low producer but killer smoke. Highly recommend for personal stash, but way too slow for ANY production at all. It's funny, because this is why I continue to grow in promix beside my rockwool...for my hard to grow stuff. If you do grow straight from clone, expect about 6-7 grams per plantlet. I just harvested 4 plantlets last week (all in one 4 gallon container) and got 25 grams dried. I'll probably grow it twice a year for my personal jar. My last harvest I took the K.O. at 49 days instead of 56 days just too see what the difference is. It's greener that's for sure, but untill a cure....I won't know.

Concerning the K.O. Kush ... I just randomly threw out a question in another thread asking "what do you guys think about the K.O. kush ??"

and this was the only response I got

Sorry, I can't get that other guy's quote as well, but he seems to be saying that 56 days is way too slow to be a good producer. Does that seem slow to you? That seems good to me.
Maybe I'm getting him wrong. I don't like what's happening to him yield-wise, thats for sure. We're having a different experience.

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
most k.o kush phenos needs about 9 to 10weeks and the field is very low real low!! but it a damm hard indica...put also heavy smoker to sleep!!

Last edited:

cws4444

All 7 of my KO's finished in under 9 weeks. One pheno was ready at 55 days. This was from seed. Clones will flower a couple days faster. I harvested at 50% amber trics. The yield was average on most but 2 phenos were above average. They were also the fastest pheno's and the easiest to trim. Pick out the right pheno's and you will be blessed with good yield and over potent buds...

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
All 7 of my KO's finished in under 9 weeks. One pheno was ready at 55 days. This was from seed. Clones will flower a couple days faster. I harvested at 50% amber trics. The yield was average on most but 2 phenos were above average. They were also the fastest pheno's and the easiest to trim. Pick out the right pheno's and you will be blessed with good yield and over potent buds...

seems like we had totally dif. batch! I only had one pheno under 9 weeks and i do not know what u grew befor but the field was low, may be the lowest i ever had !! one pheon field a bit better!! And thats also what most other ppl's experience are!! Or may u just had luck

cws4444

seems like we had totally dif. batch! I only had one pheno under 9 weeks and i do not know what u grew befor but the field was low, may be the lowest i ever had !! one pheon field a bit better!! And thats also what most other ppl's experience are!! Or may u just had luck

Were you running the f1 or f2?

Kootenay

Ok here is another bud pic to get this thread back on track. If you guys want to discuss K.O. kush please start another thread. Thanks.

peace
Koot.