What's new

Home Appraisal

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
so what happened? this thread is 4 months old now...

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Same deal here. Was told initially no appraisal would be needed. As soon as we showed interest in a refi they changed tune---and that appraisal would included inspection of all rooms and especially the foundation, homes furnace and water heater.

The savings was not that dramatic, and the way I looked at it I'd rather be paying off my note in 20 some years than getting out of jail in 20 some years.

I'll just throw extra at the principle every month and pay that loan off early from outside the penitentiary.

Kinda sucks, but there is a price to pay for everything in life.

Fwiw I ended up having a perfect storm of reasons to break down the room for a couple months, which also allowed me to have the appraiser come through and get my home refinanced. Not to mention a little down time from the daily grind

He was only in the house for maybe 10 minutes, but needed to look in every room and snap a picture...no way it would have worked w/o breaking down. He did not need to see my detached garage unless it was heated or cooled.

Now its time rebuild bigger and better :tiphat:

supermanlives

Veteran
worked out for ya huh. i declined to let anyone in. so i wont be getting a loan. instead i set up a few more lights.