What's new

HOLY SHIT! Holy Anointing Oil from Exodus.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GW, I think that you probably meant 500 shekels of cassia in your first post, rather than 24 500. It may have been a good idea to leave out the cassia in your formula because it contains large amounts of coumarin. To quote wiki...

I have both Ceylon cinnamon oil and cassia oil and the Ceylon cinnamon is much sweeter and pleasant. The cassia oil is alot stronger and darker in aroma and smells like those fireball gobstoppers. A little cassia might work well in the formula but it would probably smell better and be safer if the majority of the cinnamon was of the Ceylon variety.

Good eye! I hate it when I mispell numbers!

gunnaknow

GW, I've read that the fragrant cane mentioned in the texts was probably Acorus calamus. However, it's not recommended for topical use or consumption because it contains β-asarone, which was shown to be carcinogenic in rats. The closely related species, Acorus americanus, doesn't contain β-asarone and it's oil or extract is sometimes used as a flavoring in beer. The only problem is that Acorus americanus oil appears to be hard to source. Acorus calamus oil is much easier to source, so it may be worth buying a small sample and substituting with oils that smell similar. The aroma of the rhizomes is said to be fresh, sweet, citrus, herbal and spicy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acorus_calamus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acorus_americanus

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
GW, I've read that the fragrant cane mentioned in the texts was probably Acorus calamus.
Considering that the oil made with calamus does next to nothing and the oil made with cannabis is pretty much a modern medical miracle... I'd say there's little doubt that fragrant cane was not Acorus calamus.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

gunnaknow

I hope that you're right, hydro. I've done some more reading and Calamus may have been a mistranslation from the earliest Greek bible. It would certainly have made more sense for them to have used cannabis. Just as Shamans take hallucinogens to transcend this world, the priests may have used cannabis to similar effect.

http://www.freeanointing.org/Calamus_is_a_lie.htm

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GW, I've read that the fragrant cane mentioned in the texts was probably Acorus calamus. However, it's not recommended for topical use or consumption because it contains β-asarone, which was shown to be carcinogenic in rats. The closely related species, Acorus americanus, doesn't contain β-asarone and it's oil or extract is sometimes used as a flavoring in beer. The only problem is that Acorus americanus oil appears to be hard to source. Acorus calamus oil is much easier to source, so it may be worth buying a small sample and substituting with oils that smell similar. The aroma of the rhizomes is said to be fresh, sweet, citrus, herbal and spicy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acorus_calamus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acorus_americanus

Yeah, that is the center of ongoing debate. I decided it must be cannabis that they were using, because the alternative causes cancer in rats and Holy Annointing Oil works so well.

Because religion is involved, I'm pretty sure the issue will never be resolved to everyones satisfaction, so we have moved on and are happily using the one that works, while the debate goes on.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hope that you're right, hydro. I've done some more reading and Calamus may have been a mistranslation from the earliest Greek bible. It would certainly have made more sense for them to have used cannabis. Just as Shamans take hallucinogens to transcend this world, the priests may have used cannabis to similar effect.

http://www.freeanointing.org/Calamus_is_a_lie.htm

Holy Annointing Oil makes pain disppear like magic, but has no hallucinogenic effects when used topically for most folks, so I suggest there is even more to the story. The priesthood were the medical doctors and scientist of the day, and it is also likely that they used it for pain relief, skin cancer, infection, etc.

gunnaknow

I really should try using it topically one of these days, GW. Perhaps they used it to free themselves from the burdens of the body, so that they could be more in touch with the holy spirit. Or as I think of it, the wholly spirit. It can be sensed when the mental and physical sensations stop overstating themselves and eclipsing everything. Weed could certainly help with this, if used correctly.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I really should try using it topically one of these days, GW. Perhaps they used it to free themselves from the burdens of the body, so that they could be more in touch with the holy spirit. Or as I think of it, the wholly spirit. The wholeness can be sensed when the mental and physical sensations stop overstating themselves and eclipsing everything else. Weed could certainly help with this, if used correctly.

I'm pretty sure our forefathers had cannabis figured out after millions of years of coexisting with it, and some sects have left behind wall paintings of Aminita Muscaria or Panterina mushrooms used in their religious practices

gunnaknow

I'd imagine that earlier homo species such as Neanderthals and Homo erectus made use of the plant for food but they might not have been cultured enough to use it as a medicine. It's hard to say for sure. If Homo sapiens were the first to make use of the herb as a medicine, then they couldn't have done so until they left Africa and colonized Asia, where cannabis originated from. The earliest successful migration out of Africa (earliest migrants with living descendants) has been placed at around 60,000 years ago and they're believed to have then spread across Europe and Asia by 40,000 BC. Archeological evidence reveals that purposefully fermented alcoholic beverages were being made in Asia some 9,000 years ago, so I can imagine that they were also purposefully making use of other intoxicants such as cannabis by that time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_alcoholic_beverages

How would you say the cinnamon and myrrh modulate the effects topically, GW?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd imagine that earlier homo species such as Neanderthals and Homo erectus made use of the plant for food but they might not have been cultured enough to use it as a medicine. It's hard to say for sure. If Homo sapiens were the first to make use of the herb as a medicine, then we'd have to wait until they had left Africa and colonized Asia, where cannabis originated from. The earliest successful migration out of Africa (earliest migrants with living descendants) has been placed at around 60,000 years ago and they're believed to have spread across Asia by 40,000 BC. Archeological evidence reveals that purposefully fermented alcoholic beverages were being made in Asia some 9,000 years ago, so I can imagine that they were also purposefully making use of other intoxicants such as cannabis by that time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_alcoholic_beverages

How would you say the cinnamon and myrrh modulate the effects topically, GW?

If there is any subject rife with debate, it has to be how many migrations and when. Given Homo Erectus's exit from Africa close to 2 million years ago, consumption may have started with them or Homo Hablis (Handy Man).

I'm guessing an animal capable of making stone tools like Homo Hablis, probably would also notice the effects of eating cannabis or breathing the smoke from a fire. A good chance they harvested and ate the seeds for the oil, so would be familiar with it and the sticky mess on their hands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_human_migrations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_habilis

I've pondered the cinnamon and myrrh and decided that the cinnamon is there for several reasons.

Cassia is about 80% aldehydes. Aroma therapy considers aldehydes antiviral, anti-inflammatory, calming to the nerves, BP reducer, blood vessel dilator. They also tend to have strong fragrances.

Cinnamon barks oils Sesquiterpene, phenols and phenylpropanoids, are theorized by Aroma Therapy practitioners to clean out the receptor sites of partially dismantled neurotransmitters, so that the sites are again available for a cannabinoid. They were used to flush parasites from our bodies .

Myrrh is rich in Sesquiterpene and is an astringent and effective antiseptic, so for sure it would have added those qualities. It was also used by the Egyptians for a sunshield and to keep biting insects at bay.

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Did you make the HAO or add the additional candy flavoring cinnamon oil to make Holy Shit?

I found out what i did wrong. The peach oil i used, was only aromatic and not flavouring. Ill add some candy flavouring or vanilla essence or something like that to make it taste better.

Ill say this tho. This stuff is POTENT.
Im a daily smoker who smokes somewhat heavy. After making the HAO and trying to flavour it, i licked the pin a cpl of times to taste it. Id say i prolly consumed maximum 5 drops worth of the HAO. Didnt think it would effective at that rate. Fast forward 5 hrs, and im picking up my girl to go shoot some clay pigeons with my sis and her bf. Im so stoned, its almost a psychedelic experience, and they all kept telling me how stoned i looked....i was BAKED!
It took a cpl of hours to really kick in, but when it did..oh my!! Next time ill try just placing it under the tongue instead of just swallowing it..should act faster then...

Stay Safe

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I found out what i did wrong. The peach oil i used, was only aromatic and not flavouring. Ill add some candy flavouring or vanilla essence or something like that to make it taste better.

Ill say this tho. This stuff is POTENT.
Im a daily smoker who smokes somewhat heavy. After making the HAO and trying to flavour it, i licked the pin a cpl of times to taste it. Id say i prolly consumed maximum 5 drops worth of the HAO. Didnt think it would effective at that rate. Fast forward 5 hrs, and im picking up my girl to go shoot some clay pigeons with my sis and her bf. Im so stoned, its almost a psychedelic experience, and they all kept telling me how stoned i looked....i was BAKED!
It took a cpl of hours to really kick in, but when it did..oh my!! Next time ill try just placing it under the tongue instead of just swallowing it..should act faster then...

Stay Safe

Hee, hee, hee, we've all had to stop licking our fingers in the lab for exactly that reason.

gunnaknow

I'm guessing an animal capable of making stone tools like Homo Hablis, probably would also notice the effects of eating cannabis or breathing the smoke from a fire. A good chance they harvested and ate the seeds for the oil, so would be familiar with it and the sticky mess on their hands.

It's an interesting thought, GW. It may depend on exactly how intelligent and cultured they were. Chimps and Capuchin monkeys use stone tools but only if they're from a group that the method has been passed down within. We could say that such groups have a culture, learning from eachother so that each individual doesn't need to have their own eureka moment.

You may be aware that one of the leading theories is that Homo erectus was descended from homo ergaster and if so, would probably have had similar intelligence to it's predecessor. However, erectus used oldawan stone tools, which are more primative than the acheulean stone tools that ergaster used. One theory is that erectus diverged from ergaster before ergaster progressed to using acheulean stone tools. So although erectus may have had similar intelligence to ergaster, culture may have ended up playing a more crucial role in the progression of stone tool technology. If earlier homo species weren't as intelligent as us, their culturing may have compensated to a large degree and led to a relatively advanced understanding of things such as the use of medicinal herbs.

I've pondered the cinnamon and myrrh and decided that the cinnamon is there for several reasons.

Cassia is about 80% aldehydes. Aroma therapy considers aldehydes antiviral, anti-inflammatory, calming to the nerves, BP reducer, blood vessel dilator. They also tend to have strong fragrances.

Cinnamon barks oils Sesquiterpene, phenols and phenylpropanoids, are theorized by Aroma Therapy practitioners to clean out the receptor sites of partially dismantled neurotransmitters, so that the sites are again available for a cannabinoid. They were used to flush parasites from our bodies.

Myrrh is rich in Sesquiterpene and is an astringent and effective antiseptic, so for sure it would have added those qualities. It was also used by the Egyptians for a sunshield and to keep biting insects at bay.

That's interesting to know, GW. One of my pastimes is fragrance DIY, so I'm aware that both ceylon cinnamon and cassia contain around 50-80% cinnamaldehyde. Cinnamon leaf oil on the other hand is approx. 60-90% eugenol. Eugenol is beneficial in small amounts but is cytotoxic in large amounts. WHO's Acceptable Dietary Intake value for eugenol is 2.5 mg/kg-day, which is equivalent to approx. 0.19-0.29 ml of cinnamon leaf oil per day, for a 70 kg man. I think that you use 0.7 g of cinnamon leaf oil per 10 g cannabis oleoresin, so unless you're using more than 2.7 g of cannabis oleoresin a day, it should be perfectly safe. You've probably already assessed the safety aspect but it's good for others here to know also.

gunnaknow

I should mention that the Acceptable Daily Intake (ADI) value was developed based on it being 100 times lower than the amount that no toxic effects were observed in rats, as a single dose. One hundred is a pretty meaningless number if you ask me. The chances are that you could take considerably more than 1/100th but if you want to be ultra safe, you can follow the ADI value. Based on the ADI value, 4.1 g of the ointment a day should be perfectly safe. That seems like a lot to me, especially if 2.7 g of it is cannabis oleoresin. I'd be interested to know how much some of you have been using on a daily basis.

gunnaknow

I've been thinking, GW. The text only mentions cinnamon once, so it seems likely that only one form of cinnamon oil would have been used. Cinnamon bark was much more widely used than cinnamon leaf in those days, so it seems likely that cinnamon bark was the source mentioned in the text. I'm sure that you've read alot on the historical use and benefits of cinnamon but others here may find the article below interesting.

Cinnamon was one of the first trade spices of the ancient world. Biblical references indicate that merchants carried the Asian spice all the way from Ceylon to Palestine – that’s a 24-hour airplane trip today – before the pyramids were built. The English word cinnamon derives from the Hebrew word kannamon, and the spice is mentioned in Psalms, Proverbs, Ezekiel, and Revelations. Moses, the patriarch of patriarchs, commanded the children of Israel to anoint the tabernacle, the vessels of the tabernacle, and the priests themselves with ointments made of cinnamon. Let’s remember that the stuff was hauled from beyond India without the help of jet engines, and the Phoenicians and Arabians who hauled it weren’t working for peanuts. Why did Moses specify cinnamon and others pay the price it cost? Because it was, and still is, special. There is something about cinnamon that made it worth any expense.

Moses was not cinnamon’s first admirer, and many others were to follow, agreeing that it was the superlative body splash and more. The ancients Theophrastus, Herodotus, Galen, Dioscorides, Pliny, and Strabo all mention it. Cinnamon ranked in value with gold, ivory, and frankincense, and was among the most costly offerings in the temple of Apollo in Miletus in 243 BC. The early Egyptians used cinnamon in their embalming mixtures, and Chinese medicinal use of the spice dates back 4,700 years.

The Arabians discovered that when you boil out the oils contained in a plant, those oils purvey the scent of said plant, be it roses or cinnamon, and so they imported cinnamon from the Orient, distilled the fragrant oil out, and sold the more easily transported substance to the Europeans. In this form, the spice made its way from Arabia to Venice, and from Venice to all points in Europe. If cinnamon sticks were special, cinnamon oil was considered a bonus deluxe.

Cinnamon is the bark and twigs of a number of related plants that have one thing in common: cinnamon oil. The plant rarely reaches higher than 30 feet; the leaves are deep green and the blossoms usually white. Once the trees are six or seven years old, the bark is peeled off into so-called cinnamon sticks. Ground into powder, they yield what we find in cans on the grocer’s shelf. Aside from a great tasting dusting for doughnuts, we don’t see cinnamon as being very special any more. This is unfortunate.

Cinnamon is one of the oldest tonic plants on the globe. The world may not agree politically, but in the realm of tonics, all acknowledge that cinnamon is good for health. The Chinese feel that cinnamon used on a daily basis over a long period of time will improve the complexion, giving the taker a more robust, stronger, and more youthful appearance. One Chinese ancient said that if you took cinnamon with toads’ brains for seven years, you would be able to walk on water, look young forever, and never die. While you may have a problem getting your hands on a pound of toads’ brains, the active ingredient, cinnamon, is readily available.

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire, and behind most folk tales, there’s some measure of truth. The daily use of cinnamon could well improve your health. The Chinese believe that cinnamon heats up a cold body, improves the circulation, and generally gets the blood rushing around, stoking up the waning fire, if you will, and they prescribe it for loss of vigour, whether due to stress, ageing, or illness. They believe the spice warms the kidneys and cures impotence, weak legs, and backache. Specifically, cinnamon is held supreme for blood deficiencies that leave one feeling weak.

In India, cinnamon is used to flavour sweet treats, but every villager also knows that chewing on the cinnamon stick is a powerful treatment for the monthlies. The spice, which stimulates the uterine muscles, is also used in difficult deliveries due to inadequate contractions. A painkiller as well as a uterine stimulant, cinnamon is essentially the herbal equivalent of many over-the-counter menstrual medications. The Chinese, who along with other Asians use it as a treatment for PMS, agree that cinnamon promotes regular and easy menstruation.

Did you ever notice that after eating a cinnamon-powdered doughnut you couldn’t help but love the whole world? And you thought it was your blood sugar reaching an acceptable level! Cinnamon has been used as a tranquilliser since before Western civilisation became civilised (that is to say if it ever did). The source of this sedative effect is the cinnamaldehyde contained in cinnamon powder and, more powerfully, in cinnamon oil, which has been proven to tranquillise both animals and human beings. In some interesting Chinese research, scientists discovered that they were able to neutralise the effects of phenobarbital and methamphetamine in mice with a matching dose of cinnamaldehyde. The same chemical was found to relieve pain in mice. Since overcharged nerves do present a threat to life and, as they say, stress kills, a hot cup of relaxing cinnamon tea may be just what the herbalist ordered.

http://doctorschar.com/archives/cinnamon-cinnamomum-zeylanicum/

There's much more information in the article if anyone would like to read it but it's too long for me to paste here.

Lately I've been experimenting with my hash oil. I've had a pretty big patch of eczema on my body for over 3 years that just won't go away. Last night I put a coating of hash oil on the patch and it looked a lot better today. I added a new coating today after cleaning the patch. A couple of months ago I had a pretty bad burn that hurt pretty bad and after eating some oil in a lollipop, all the pain went away within 30 minutes. Now that I have some time on my hands I am going to order all the ingredients that I will need for HAO. That is the point for this post. I've read all the pages but I want to make sure that I get the current recipe correct because it looks like there has been some changes throughout the thread. Here is what I think that I need from New Directions Aromatics:

Coconut Virgin Organic Carrier Oil
Botanical Name: Cocos nucifera
Extraction Method: Cold Pressed
Description: This Coconut Oil is solid at room temperature and is excellent as a skin moisturizer and softener. It is a preferred oil in high-quality, cold process soap-making.
Color: Clear when liquid, white when solid.

Myrrh Essential Oil (Egypt)
Botanical Name: Commiphora myrrha
Plant Part: Resin
Extraction Method: Solvent Extraction
Origin: Egypt
Color: Dark brown liquid.

Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil (Ceylon)
Cinnamyl aldehyde: 50.5%
Eugenol: 24%
Botanical Name: Cinnamomum zeylanicum
Plant Part: Bark
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Origin: Sri Lanka
Description: Cinnamomum zeylanicum originates from the island Sri Lanka (formerly called Ceylon), southeast of India. It is a tropical evergreen tree of the laurel family growing up to 15m (45 feet) in the wild. The Cinnamon Ceylon tree has a very thin smooth bark, with a light yellowish brown color and a highly fragrant odor.
Color: Clear yellow to orange liquid.
Consistency: Medium

Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
Eugenol: 85%
Botanical Name: Cinnamomum verum
Plant Part: Leaves
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Origin: Sri Lanka
Description: The cinnamon tree is an evergreen native to China and Vietnam that has since been cultivated in many other regions. It has shiny, leathery green leaves, and small, white flowers with oval shaped purple berries.
Color: Brownish yellow to dark yellow liquid.
Consistency: Medium

I want to make sure that the ingredients that I have here are correct. If something is wrong can someone please tell me? Here is what I think that I need to make the topical (lotion):

10 grams BHO
8 grams coconut oil
0.7 grams cinnamon bark oil
0.7 grams cinnamon leaf oil
0.35 grams myrrh gum

And to make the oral (Holy Shit), I think that you reduce the 8 grams coconut oil to 3 grams and everything else stays the same. Is that correct?

Does the amount of Myrrh Gum stay the same in the oral solution and in the topical solution or do I need to add a different amount?

This solution is for me and my patients and I would like to make sure that I get it right the first time. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

After rubbing a 0.3 gram double coating of straight hash oil on my skin, it took me about 5-10 minutes to get extremely dizzy/lightheaded and pass out on the tile kitchen floor. I puked all over the place. I had to get my rubbing alcohol and clean off all the hash oil off of my skin. I smoke this oil all day long and eat 100 mg lollipops and it never affected me like that. I will wait until I get my coconut oil and other ingredients before I use this as a lotion again. Next time I will have to decrease the dose. The first coating was 0.2 - 0.3 grams and the second coating on top was 0.3 grams. Next time I won't use more than 0.25 grams total.

Latest posts

Latest posts