What's new

Holiday in Thailand..

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Definitely in this case, it is worthy of legendary status
Without doubt fp,
Some laugh that there are Americans trying to run to the rescue so to speak of Thailand now and supply them polyhybrids like gsc, wedding cake etc etc
I think its really sad given what the decimation of things like thai stick has made way for,
Its assumed we were hanging out for such things back then but I know I wasn't and there were hybrids around then anyway. All a guy needed was to be informed and in touch with the scene.
Today we have variety but at what cost and how many of these things Share lineage

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I like modern weed I like modern hybrids including yours and everybody else’s it’s my living but if I could get the old Colombian & the old Thai I would be a happy dude
Im sure there is a way of this happening if there are dedicated people who make it happen,
We know more than ever and the increasing legalities give us venues to also make this happen,
It would be nice if the coming decade or twi could be known as the golden ages of gunja
There is the potential for tholis I believe..

entropical

Veteran
It is no foreigners business to tell thai or any other people what they can and can not do in their country. In Thailand foreigners can not come in from the outside and just start a business, any business there needs to be majority thai owned.

Education, cooperation is a different matter and solutions do not need to be complicated. As for restoration, there is a group called Zoomia working along those lines that you may know about.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
G'day Wally

Me cooking Thai food tonight, get hungry with all those food pictures.Send over some of the heat, although it gets 18C tomorrow.Today also nice and sunny.

Is there any chance that the Thai start growing those old varieties again or is it just cookies, zkittle or any other fancy new polyhybrid?

Enjoy your stay in Thailand :rasta:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
G'day Wally

Me cooking Thai food tonight, get hungry with all those food pictures.Send over some of the heat, although it gets 18C tomorrow.Today also nice and sunny.

Is there any chance that the Thai start growing those old varieties again or is it just cookies, zkittle or any other fancy new polyhybrid?

Enjoy your stay in Thailand :rasta:
Great choice, what's in the pan Mexi,?
Personally I'm a fan of isaan/laos food, it's spicy and smelly and sometimes bugs are involved hahaha
And yes many thais just grow what's easily available which is thai laos , they are poor generally and no chance they can or would fork out on some expensive stuff that isn't very suited to their climate and latitude anyway,
Folks can rest easy knowing most would be unsuccessful with modern genetics anyway due to the short days and inexperience growing those types,
Having said that I've also seen some really successful grows but they have studied a lot and used lights to extend day lengths etc

mexcurandero420

Veteran
Great choice, what's in the pan Mexi,?
Personally I'm a fan of isaan/laos food, it's spicy and smelly and sometimes bugs are involved hahaha
And yes many thais just grow what's easily available which is thai laos , they are poor generally and no chance they can or would fork out on some expensive stuff that isn't very suited to their climate and latitude anyway,
Folks can rest easy knowing most would be unsuccessful with modern genetics anyway due to the short days and inexperience growing those types,
Having said that I've also seen some really successful grows but they have studied a lot and used lights to extend day lengths etc
Shrimp in red curry paste in coconut milk with Thai veggie mix and basmati rice.Always use original Thai fish sauce and red curry paste.Dont like food that taste farang btw.

How many plants can they cultivate for personal use?It's better for them not making the same mistake as in Jamaica with ending up tiny plants due the natural light cycle of 12/12.
Haze would be doing great over there, but hopefully we will see the comeback of the famous Thaistick.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Shrimp in red curry paste in coconut milk with Thai veggie mix and basmati rice.Always use original Thai fish sauce and red curry paste.Dont like food that taste farang btw.

How many plants can they cultivate for personal use?It's better for them not making the same mistake as in Jamaica with ending up tiny plants due the natural light cycle of 12/12.
Haze would be doing great over there, but hopefully we will see the comeback of the famous Thaistick.
Sounds great mex, I would definitely eat it , I hope you spiced it up with some extra chili?
The more you eat of that the more you grow accustomed and the spicier you can stomach..
With plant numbers until they make any new rulings which its assumed they could do in may after the election, there is no restriction on numbers,
Ie you can grow as many as you like,
But one needs to apply for a licence to sell weed, seed, plants etc,
I hope the same will apply after may because I'd be happy growing as many as I could if I was able to stay there and grow..
I did see some dudes on fb groups who used lighting outdoors to extend the day lengths and they had very good sized plants from hybrid types,
Thais are quite good gardeners and I expect they would do better than the average Jamaican.
I would grow plenty of hybrids given the chance but also would like a nice stand of the old local sativa,
Maybe if it was cured right like it used to be after growing it to its potential, folks might be a bit more interested in it, anyway as with many things time will tell..

mexcurandero420

Veteran
Spiced it up with one of my favourite red pepper sauce.

1682815126893.png

Awesome there are no limits how much plants you can grow, so we can expect big fields again like in the old days.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Spiced it up with one of my favourite red pepper sauce.

View attachment 18836534
Awesome there are no limits how much plants you can grow, so we can expect big fields again like in the old days.
Oh I like a good hot sauce
I started making my own a few years ago because I grow heaps of chilli and sometimes have mass amounts despite selling them to thai restaurants..
The coming grows if the eventuate and the new rules allow
, will be bigger than ever over an acre
I did a big grow last year actually and had so much land cleared by the end the following grow would have been massive, but it never eventuated because my mate did a stupid thing and got busted, I just escaped that one by the hair on my chin and swore I'd only do legal ones In future. Was soo close to getting busted myself and at the time I was still on parole..

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
o_O Nobody needs that nonsense in their life anymore
Yea man it's crazy and I've had enough of I t in my life,
My country doesn't seem to want to go the same way as others because we are still like a penal colony and our masters call the shots , they are a conservative bunch of twats who are do not represent the common man in our country,
They are so separate from the man in the street I would gladly leave for own good but to also prove a point to others in my country, mainly that we are not free and our masters are anything but laid back,
They are a bunch of self serving conservatives who as I said do not represent the common man..

entropical

Veteran
Yea man it's crazy and I've had enough of I t in my life,
My country doesn't seem to want to go the same way as others because we are still like a penal colony and our masters call the shots , they are a conservative bunch of twats who are do not represent the common man in our country,
They are so separate from the man in the street I would gladly leave for own good but to also prove a point to others in my country, mainly that we are not free and our masters are anything but laid back,
They are a bunch of self serving conservatives who as I said do not represent the common man..
Here is the same in that sense. I wouldn’t call them conservatives even they’re more like con-servative quisling types. Doubt there even exist a word to describe them proper. I don’t even recognize my homeland any more, every day is getting worse and I did not even think in terms of leaving until recently but this thought started to come more and more. Now hardly a day will pass without it.

Latest posts

Latest posts