What's new

hoarding big buds

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
i wish i had enough room and legality to grow enough where i would have a last harvest to smoke as the new stuff cures, but i don't.

You must smoke a hell of alot more then I or you have only the space and light for a micro grow. I have a 5'x5'x8' space with one 1000W HID running in it and I generally get about one pound of dried cured bud per crop. During periods of heavy smoking I might go thru 2 or 3 ounces per month. I generally have my next crop ready to go (vegged under fluoros) by the time I harvest. Since it's only 2 months to complete most crops I'd have to smoke half a pound a month to not make it to the next crop. Oh and where I grow it's not at all legal to grow.

G

guest 77721

I'm guilty as charged. I think my reason is more that the larger buds take longer to cure because they are attached to thicker pieces of stem.

I always smoke all the small popcorn out of the trim first and then make brownies from the shake.

homme

I am totally with mad lib., the biggest buds are usually taken out last... not sure why, maybe its a psychological thing to keep the best things until the end...and that way you have also a lot more time admiring them :)