What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HLG 100

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
The Saber 100 is a 100 watt light. Of the options listed, the HLG-100H-36A is the only 100 watt driver. The other options are less watts.

Now looking at two quads or the options of four doubles (260watt) for the flower room.

h.h.

Veteran
I think Timber is still doing QBs if you contact them. Separate panels.
Their drivers are already set up with professionally attached cords. Makes it it all a little cleaner.

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Nice, what's the veg footprint on the 65s?

Its 2x2. But the output at the corners of two feet is quite low. You'll want multiple boards to provide overlapping. Im gonna put two of the 135w V2 Rspecs into a 4x4 foot tent soon, and Im hoping Ill get enough overlap to cover the space well.

Btw, that 135 puts out a lot of light. An inch or two away from your plants and you'll be blasting them with 4k+ umols/sec/m2. Ill be starting at about a foot away for my plants.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I think you might want a couple more of the 135s in a 4x4, the 550 uses 4 qbs and 480+w for that footprint. I use 2 320xl v2 Rspecs in my 4x4 and they are amazing. They have 3qbs each and run at 320w. They weren't cheap (~ $860), but they have already paid for themselves 3-4x in the ~3 1/2 months I've had them. Well worth the investment, especially if you have heat issues and hate electric bills.

Attachments

• IMG_20190906_200229.jpg
    IMG_20190906_200229.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 27

Dave Coulier

Veteran
I think you might want a couple more of the 135s in a 4x4, the 550 uses 4 qbs and 480+w for that footprint. I use 2 320xl v2 Rspecs in my 4x4 and they are amazing. They have 3qbs each and run at 320w. They weren't cheap (~ $860), but they have already paid for themselves 3-4x in the ~3 1/2 months I've had them. Well worth the investment, especially if you have heat issues and hate electric bills.

Thanks for the tips on the lights. Ill definitely grab a couple more of them. You're garden looks great under the HLG.

I do have issues with both heat and electric bills. :biggrin: Will be nice to see how much my bill drops once I complete the switch over. Ill likely be dimming the fixtures as well. I haven't seen an electric bill under $250 in a very long time. It'll be a miracle if I can get below $200.

Already running my ac less now as well. Love these QBs!

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
The temp drop was dramatic, but I replaced a 600w lumatek that when cranked all the way, sadly, was about the same electricity wise. I do get much higher quality in density and trich production for sure. The coverage especially in the corners is much more even.
I had the 600 hanging vertically, so the corners were pretty lacking at 2 feet away. Truth be told, I did yield a little better with the 600, but it was a monocrop and went almost perfectly. The first one I did with the 320s was a seed crop plagued by botritis. So, not really comparable. I still believe the L.E.Ds are capable of much more once dialed in. Knock it out of the park, buddy!