What's new

Hit and Run 2 Killed

i was just on my way home , and happen to see a big comotion onthe opposite side of the road, and i happened to notice that there was a tone of people gathering and some screaming and crying.the reason for this being was there was 2 young kids lay dead amongst the scatered debrie from mangled bikes and glass everywhere people yelling "he just kept goin..! ..

people who cant stand up and take responsibility for there actions , and can end the life of children without enought care to stop and see if they were even still alive or needed help ,instead think only of fleeing to avoiding being held accountable for what has happend...

People truley astonish me . . :fsu:

bentom187

Veteran
im so sorry you had to experience that.trully people are becoming numb to the idea that its ok to kill. i hope he/she comes clean with it for everyones sense of closure on the matter.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn and i thoght my night was bad....RIP..

some old guy got killed last week near my friends house...hit and run...they caught the kid a few blocks away.....

the kid who committed the hit and run...HES A CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY PATROL CADET!!!!

Protea

how the fuck can you hit someboddy whit a car, and just keep going. sick fucker hope he feels like he should

I

IcmagUser

that kind of people need to be life prisoned and tortured in all the ways possible...fucking brainless idiots

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
You know, it's quite possible the driver didn't even realize what he/she had done. I mean sure it's fucked up and all but you would be amazed at how unaware some people are when they're driving. Nor do you have be racing around, an accident happening at 35mph has enough force, velocity and momentum involved to be fatal.

I'm sure the driver knew he/she hit something but it's very possible he/she had no clue he/she hit kids on bikes.

N

narko

or he completely freaked out ... like i would do it ... dunno if you can think in moments like these at all ... i can´t even imagine ...

johnkneefive

i was a passenger in a car yrs ago...sleeping,,woke up in hospital icu with a broken neck,the owner of the car said i was driving..he thought i was dead..needless to say rcmp believed him and let him go,he ran,i never seen him again...today im a quadriplegic .....i don't have much faith in ppl nomore...

Iraganji

This is what we get in a world where it's "okay" to swallow your prescribed poisons which impair driving, wash it down with some booze and go for a spin.

We need to replace our bars with hash parlors, and tell big pharma to stuff their meds up their butt.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
My web dude killed a guy, hit n run. So drunk he was unaware he hit anything. When he realized what had happened he manned up n turned himself in. Did his time and will never drink again. Run over kids? Better to kill yourself than let me catch u.

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
The person who didn't stop has no soul but will get caught through forensics and even though that is so hard to read or see or hear about now these days it's fucking mother's putting their children in mini vans and driving down lakes or boat ramps to their death, the mother of 2 boys about 8 months ago drove her car along side an over pass then walked back called 911 and said her sons were kidnapped and her daughter was spared, WTF is going on with society ??? Who could put their kids in a vehicle and know they will slowly drown to death!!

I read in WA State a father with a family 3 boys 1 daughter & wife was in depth and his wife and daughter ran errands while he torches the house killing the boys who were asleep never knowing what hit them and the father died as well....

Prayers go out every day to those who can't pray for themselves and we can only hope for a better tomorrow and keep our eye's open for tell tale signs of wrecked cars or people fighting when children are Involved, maybe if we knock on their door it would change the course of an Instance between life & death..

ijim

If they knew what happened and stopped would they be persecuted less by people. The good people here that are persecuting without a hint of what the real deal was. You sound like people that think all pot smokers should be sent to prison because someone claimed to be stoned when committing a horrendous crime. Lets hang the SOB no matter what the circumstances were. And we wounder why they didn't stop. Just like the anti cannabis people you want people to rot in hell for something they don't have a clue about.

bentom187

Veteran
good points, its all speculation till that person comes clean. and no it wont make him less persicuted.but he/she should be ashamed they got behind the wheel with no thought of others.
dosnt really matter what happens to him/her the deed is done and 2 people have left us.
its what can you do to make people aware that they share the streets when they close the door its not a way of inoculating you from anything bad happening it has doors and strong frames because bad stuff does occure and its there prevent serious injury to you but consider everyone around you in your personal care when your driving.

I

In~Plain~Site

I think my overriding human emotions, of someone being hurt, would kick in and wouldn't allow me to leave...no matter what.

Some people can be real pieces of shit

Lone Wolf

Veteran
Whether he gets caught or not, this piece of shit will always have to live with the fact that they took two lives... THAT in ittself will keep him/her jailed... in their own mind

i heard of a story once of a guy who crashed into, and killed a person at such high velocity that a piece of his car broke off meanwhile he fled the scene... anyways within the same week the idiot had gone to a car repair shop to get his car fixed and the police happened to already notify every auto body shop in the area to alert them if such and such car comes in.... sure enough, they got his ass... not sure how many years he has to serve either...

does anyone know how severe the punishment typically is if you actually kill someone with your car and you stay @ the scene???

bentom187

Veteran
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
The examples and perspective in this article deal primarily with the United States and do not represent a worldwide view of the subject. Please improve this article and discuss the issue on the talk page. (January 2010)
v · d · e
Vehicular homicide (also known as vehicular manslaughter) in most states in the United States, is a crime. In general, it involves death that results from the negligent operation of a vehicle, or more so a result from driving while committing an unlawful act that does not amount to a felony. In the Model Penal Code there is no separate category of vehicular homicide, and vehicular homicides that involve negligence. Both are included in the overall category of negligent homicide.[1][2] It can be compared to the offense of dangerous driving causing death in other countries.

All states except Alaska, Montana, and Arizona have vehicular homicide statutes. The laws have the effect of making a vehicle a potentially deadly weapon, to allow for easier conviction and more severe penalties. In states without such statutes, defendants can still be charged with manslaughter or murder in some situations.[3]

The victim may be either a person not in the car with the offending motorist, such as a pedestrian, cyclist, another motorist, or a passenger in the vehicle with the offender.[4]

There are proposals in other countries to adopt the single nomenclature of "vehicular homicide" as it is used in the United States.

Contents [hide]
1 Sentencing
2 Vehicular homicide in U.S. state jurisdictions
2.1 California
2.2 Georgia
2.3 Louisiana
2.4 Minnesota
2.5 Washington
2.5.1 Text
3 In other countries
4 Famous people convicted
5 References
6 External links

[edit] SentencingA study by professors at Dartmouth College and Harvard University found that those convicted of vehicular homicide are given, on average, shorter sentences than those found guilty of other types of homicide. The study found that the gender of the offender does not statistically affect the length of the sentence, but the race does. The identity of the victim is a more important predictor of sentencing length, with longer sentences given to offenders in cases where the victim was female and/or had no violent criminal record.[4]

Some states, such as Minnesota, have statutes allowing for a charge of a vehicular homicide if an unborn child is killed or injured by a motorist.[5]

[edit] Vehicular homicide in U.S. state jurisdictions[edit] CaliforniaIn the state of California, depending on the degree of recklessness and whether alcohol was involved, a person could be charged with progressively more serious offenses: vehicular manslaughter, vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated, gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated, or second-degree murder. In any of these cases, the prosecution must prove that the driver committed some wrongful act (which could be a felony, a misdemeanor, an infraction, or a lawful act that might cause death) and that the wrongful act caused the accident and the death of the victim. Murder charges are usually reserved for the most egregious cases, such as a convicted DUI offender who drives recklessly and while intoxicated and thereby causes a fatal accident.

[edit] GeorgiaIn the state of Georgia, vehicular homicide is more properly known as homicide by vehicle. It is defined, by statute, as the unlawful killing of another person using a vehicle. To be guilty of the offense, the perpetrator does not have to have an intent to kill, malice aforethought, or premeditation.[6]

There are two degrees of vehicular homicide:

First degree homicide by vehicle
This is a felony, that upon conviction will result in a sentence of between 3 and 15 years of imprisonment (or between 5 and 20 years for habitual violators), with no parole for at least 1 year. A homicide is first degree homicide by vehicle if the driver "unlawfully met or overtook a school bus; unlawfully failed to stop after a collision; was driving recklessly; was driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs; failed to stop for, or otherwise was attempting to flee from a law enforcement officer; or had previously been declared a habitual violator".[6]
Second degree homicide by vehicle
This is a misdemeanor, that upon conviction will result in a sentence of up to 1 year (which may be suspended) or a fine of up to US$1,000 (or both). Second degree homicide by vehicle encompasses all other homicides by vehicle, involving any other violation of the laws governing motor vehicles, that are not classed as first degree homicides.[6]
[edit] LouisianaIn the state of Louisiana, vehicular homicide is defined as the killing of a human being while operating a motor vehicle, or other means of conveyance, under the influence of alcohol and/or controlled substances. The minimum punishment is a fine of at least $2,000 (not more than $15,000), and 2–30 years in prison.

The law is LSA RS 14:32.1.

[edit] MinnesotaIn the state of Minnesota, vehicular homicide is one of the six levels of criminal vehicular operation, and is defined as causing the death of a person, that does not constitute murder or manslaughter, as a result of operating a motor vehicle in a grossly negligent manner, or in a negligent manner while in violation of the driving while intoxicated law, or where the driver flees the scene in violation of the felony fleeing law.[5] Vehicular homicide in Minnesota requires, at a minimum, a mens rea of gross negligence.[7]

[edit] WashingtonVehicular homicide in Washington state, is governed by RCW 46.61.520 Vehicular homicide—Penalty.[8]

[edit] Text(1) When the death of any person ensues within three years as a proximate result of injury proximately caused by the driving of any vehicle by any person, the driver is guilty of vehicular homicide if the driver was operating a motor vehicle:
a While under the influence of intoxicating liquor or any drug, as defined by RCW 46.61.502; or
b In a reckless manner; or
c With disregard for the safety of others.
(2) Vehicular homicide is a class A felony punishable under chapter 9A.20 RCW, except that, for a conviction under subsection (1)(a) of this section, an additional two years shall be added to the sentence for each prior offence as defined in RCW 46.61.5055.
[edit] In other countriesIn the United Kingdom, there is no offense of "vehicular homicide". The offenses are "causing death by dangerous driving" and "causing death by careless driving while unfit through alcohol/over prescribed limit", under the Road Traffic Act 1988. This act removed the offense of "reckless driving" as the concept of recklessness in law requires a mens rea that was often difficult to prove in court. Additional offenses connected to fatal road collisions were enacted in the Road Safety Act 2006 but have yet to be brought into force. Legal reformists have pressed for the adoption of a categorization more akin to that of the United States. C. M. V. Clarkson, an advocate of a vehicular homicide offense, opines that while people's perceptions are that death resulting from a motor vehicle is in a different "family" to other killings, "in terms of fault there can be little distinction between those who kill through the dangerous operation of their cars and those who kill with machines, trains, etc.".[9][10]

[edit] Famous people convictedCraig MacTavish, former NHL Hockey player[11]
Dany Heatley, current NHL Hockey player[12]
Dwayne Goodrich, former Dallas Cowboys football player[13]
Charles E. Smith, basketball player for Georgetown University and Boston Celtics[14]
Lane Garrison, television actor in Prison Break[15]
[edit] References^ John M. Scheb II and John Malcolm Scheb (2001). An Introduction to the American Legal System. Thomson Delmar Learning. p. 120. ISBN 0766827593.
^ Michael Hooper, M. A. Dupont-Morales, and Judy H. Schmidt (2001). Handbook of Criminal Justice Administration. Marcel Dekker. p. 177. ISBN 0824704185.
^ "The Facts: Vehicular Homicide and the Impaired Driver". United States Department of Transportation. http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/outreach/safesobr/13qp/facts/facthom.html. Retrieved 2009-02-10.
^ a b Glaeser, Edward L. and Sacerdote, Bruce (April 2000). "The Determinants of Punishment: Deterrence, Incapacitation and Vengeance" ([dead link] – Scholar search). NBER Working Paper 7676. http://www.economics.harvard.edu/pub/hier/2000/HIER1894.pdf.
^ a b James Cleary and Joseph Cox. "A Brief Overview of Minnesota’s DWI Laws: Minnesota Statutes Chapter 169A and Related Laws" (PDF). Minnesota Impaired Driving Facts Report. Minnesota Department of Public Safety. http://www.dps.state.mn.us/ots/crashdata/2003 Impaired Facts/IDF03FLawOverviewVer10.pdf.
^ a b c Allen M. Trapp, Jr., P.C. (2004). "Vehicular Homicide Laws". http://www.topgun-lawyer.com/veh_homicide.htm.
^ "609.21 Criminal Vehicular Homicide and Injury". Office of the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. 2008. https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/statutes/?id=609.21. Retrieved 2009-02-10.
^ http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.61.520
^ "c.52 §1". Road Traffic Act 1988. Office of Public Sector Information. 1988. http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1988/Ukpga_19880052_en_2.htm#mdiv1.
^ C.M.V. Clarkson (2000). "Context and culpability in involuntary manslaughter: Principle or instinct?". In Andrew Ashworth and Barry Mitchell. Rethinking English Homicide Law. Oxford University Press. pp. 148–150,164. ISBN 0-19-829915-X.
^ MacTavish is free New York Times. May 15, 2985. Accessed August 27, 2007.
^ Dany Heatley avoids jail time CBC Sports. February 4, 2005. Accessed August 27, 2007.
^ Ex-Cowboys player sentenced to prison for hit-and-run deaths - Sports - Brief Article Jet. September 8, 2003. Accessed August 27, 2007.
^ Smith, a former Celtic, gets a split verdict, abstract The New York Times. March 13, 1992. Accessed August 27, 2007.
^ Fox News August 2, 2007.

I

In~Plain~Site

Whether he gets caught or not, this piece of shit will always have to live with the fact that they took two lives... THAT in ittself will keep him/her jailed... in their own mind

i heard of a story once of a guy who crashed into, and killed a person at such high velocity that a piece of his car broke off meanwhile he fled the scene... anyways within the same week the idiot had gone to a car repair shop to get his car fixed and the police happened to already notify every auto body shop in the area to alert them if such and such car comes in.... sure enough, they got his ass... not sure how many years he has to serve either...

does anyone know how severe the punishment typically is if you actually kill someone with your car and you stay @ the scene???

Vehicular Manslaughter, provided the individual isn't impaired in any way, carries sentences of anywhere between 2-10 years.

In my state anyway.