What's new

Hindu Skunk, Casey Jones, Querkle, White Widow... or so the guy told me!

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
This next one here is showing amber trichomes. I hope to harvest her in the next several days. At first she was suspected to be Casey Jones because of how vigorously she vegetated. Once flowering began, however, she remained somewhat short and became very bushy. At this point I believed her to be Hindu Skunk, especially because of her fruity smell. I was given a cutting of some Purple Kush before and it never turned purple or came out anything close to what I know as Purple Kush.

I believe that this is Purple Kush... which is funny because when I picked up these four cuts I specifically said NO PURPLE KUSH. I had been disappointed by it already, but I think I had been mistaken before. This lady is very lovely.
picture.php

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
So now I have identified Casey Jones, Purple Kush, and Odyssey.

I'm not sure what the last lady is. She grew a fat main cola and exibited extreme cal/mag deficiencies early on. Now she is kind of fox tailing at the top. I want to call her Blue Dream or White Widow by comparing catalog pictures, but I don't really know.

I was able to clone Casey Jones and Purple Kush, so they will be running again. I'm trying to reveg Odyssey, but I've had no luck so far with this. This will be the last run of the Blue Dream/White Widow mystery as she is too fussy and reminds me a lot of a plant I grew before which was dissatisfying every time.

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
2 and 1/2 weeks early harvested (by accident) smoke report for Casey Jones:

Smells like jumbo alaskan king crab with lemon and butter tastes.

Smoke (uncured) suuuuuuuuuuuper smooth.

Taste is completely neutral.

Lets see what a few weeks difference makes.

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
Harvest Plant 3 - Blue Dream? White Widow? lower nugs @week 8, upper nugs @week 9
picture.php

Still drying and curing, plants 1 and 2. Maybe Odyssey and Purple Kush?
picture.php

picture.php

Faraway

I'm doing some CJ's in just FF Ocean & they got very tall & branchie. Many sites & they are nice & bushy. Great plants.

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
In the background a shot of Casey Jones Sr. before the chop. Gonna let it run another week or so.
picture.php

In the foreground is Casey Jones Jr. on the left and Master Bubba, which I ran just before this last go. I was really happy with how it turned out at 8 weeks flowering. The CJ went into 12/12 on the 1st of the month and Master Bubba #1 is going in today. 2 more are on the way.

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
Oh yea, the new ones are propped up about 6 inches to even the canopy with CJ senior.

The pic does CJ senior almost no justice. The nugs are huge and falling over under their own weight. I already broke the main cola off around 7 weeks, too. Such a bummer.

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
Harvesting of Plant 4 now under way. Casey Jones smells spectacular, and she's showing her amber side now... can't wait to experience her dried and cured. I'll be running her again in my next thread, and probably again after that.

Plant 3 left me seriously wanting and I doubt I will ever grow this mystery again. If I knew what it was I'd for sure steer clear.

Plant 2 amazed me in many ways. The nugs look awesome. I'm having a hard time not picking at the curing jar. Flavor is sublime. High is very cozy. I'm glad I've got a back up cloned of this one to go again. Almost certain she's some purple kush. Whatever she was, doing what she did at 8 weeks makes her a keeper.

Plant 1 ripened up fast and produced some sweet smelling and tasting buds, but the yield was so small compared to others in the garden I doubt I would go out my way to grow this again, even though she was ripening up a week earlier than the rest. Almost certain this was some Odyssey.

Over all I yielded anywhere from 1 to 3 oz per plant with a total 6+ zips. Casey Jones and PK were the heavy hitters.

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
Finally was able to pull the Casey Jones to easy viewing access and checked her under the jewelers loupe. She was the only one I hadn't been regularly checking because her size kept her stuck in the back. Looking now, I see amber trichomes everywhere. She has completely devoured all of her sugar leaves and there is hardly any trimming to do. Just chop her down and hang her up.

Well, that pretty much sums this thread up. Hope you enjoyed yourselves. I know I did.

You can find my next run here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=163318

Latest posts

Latest posts